Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 06:30 AM   #46
MichaelJ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
I studied these carefully as I don't have much experience of this type of weather.
And, with any luck, you won't
Pictures, pictures and more pictures
MichaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #47
MichaelJ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,022
Quote:
Lots of people stopped by as I was working to say hello and ask where the bike is from as it has a huge yellow British registration plate.
Great ice-breaker for starting conversations. My Virginia tagged bike gets a lot of attention in Europe.

So far, only the good kind
Pictures, pictures and more pictures
MichaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #48
ZLTFUL
Optimistic Pessimist

Oddometer: 403
It's great, having tracked your progress, knowing why you stopped where.

I didn't even think about it while you were here to see if one of the poles from one of my 2 extra tents would have worked or even hit up Scheels to see if they happened to have a replacement that would work.

BTW, now it seems like every time a motorcycle rides by that sounds similar to Thelma, Jed will run around the living room and let out these sad little whimper/barks thinking his buddy is back.

I uploaded the pics I took from downtown Des Moines on Saturday night last night and will get them posted up as soon as I can.
I feel bad for dragging you out so late...you kept dozing off in the car on the way back home.
ZLTFUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #49
lukeman
Cool Hand

Oddometer: 436
Hey Tiffany,

Glad to see you are cruising around the good old US of A again. Are there any states you have never been to?

Cheers!
Currently: 04 Tiger 955i | 85 BMW K100RT stripped
lukeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #50
Phone Guy
Oddometer: 22,626

Oddometer: 626
Tiffany, I looking forward to meeting you at Tynda. There are some great roads to ride in that area. Last year Crater Lake was closed due to snow but I don't think that will be an issue this year. I ride an RT so I'll be taking the paved roads but it's all good. I live near Redding California and if you make it down this way we have some world famous roads to ride.

Mike
Old 05-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #51
Tiffany OP
Airhead Adventuress

Oddometer: 950
Talking The Long Arm of the Law

Iowa was beckoning with some ADV hospitality courtesy of ZLTFUL (Ryan), his wife Robin and their collection of pets, Jed, the wire-haired terrier was a mad bundle of energy and extremely friendly. The cats were a bit more reserved until I tried getting to sleep on the sofa that night and they weren't impressed.
R&R kindly took me on a tour around the Bridges of Madison County, just down the road from where they live.

This was Cedar Bridge, the grafitti was a bit off-putting, but they are really great historic bridges.

The next morning it was time to get back on the road, Ryan led me through town on his Ducati and then said goodbye,

just minutes later I heard a siren and was pulled over by someone from teh Polk Cunty Sherrif''s Department. Although I have got insurance for the US I hadn't actually had a chance to print it out. I think it may be considered a bit naughty to not have it with you or in the vehicle (unlike the UK). The bloke was not very friendly at all, he had decided that because I had a funny looking number plate, I must be a dodgy person. He demanded all my documents, "oh no" I thought, "this is me getting done for it" and so took diversionary action, launching into a long monolgoue about where my motorbike is from and all the countries I've been to on it. I talked non-stop until, in the end he got so bored of hearing me speak (or else just thought I was a nutter) and told me to go.

He obligingly posed for a picture before I took off.

www.tiffanystravels.co.uk
Tiffany's youtube video
Tiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #52
Tiffany OP
Airhead Adventuress

Laugh Stateless States

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeman View Post
Hey Tiffany,

Glad to see you are cruising around the good old US of A again. Are there any states you have never been to?

Cheers!
Hi Luke
Good to hear from you, I'm not sure how many States I've been to, someone had to break the news to me the other day that Omaha is not a state, when I was trying to name the places I'd been to, so I don't think I could confidently say where I've been. I think I've been to quite a few, but that hasn't been deliberately so, just a bit zig-zagging in my routes. due to liking the names of places or their connections with films and books.
Are you out on the road this summer?
ride safe
Tiffany

Tiffany's youtube video
Old 05-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #53
marty hill
The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 4,092
Hi Tiff,

Happy that the policeman let you go the other day/sure he has never met anyone like you on your motorbike. Had a pleasant ride thru bits of France and Switzerland. Now enjoying being with my daughter for a few days. Glad your enjoying your time in the colonies.

Semper Paratus
marty hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #54
SlowernOlder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
"The bloke was not very friendly at all, he had decided that because I had a funny looking number plate, I must be a dodgy person. He demanded all my documents, "oh no" I thought, "this is me getting done for it" and so took diversionary action, launching into a long monolgoue about where my motorbike is from and all the countries I've been to on it. I talked non-stop until, in the end he got so bored of hearing me speak (or else just thought I was a nutter) and told me to go.He obligingly posed for a picture before I took off."

He was just looking for a date....

I guess he decided that the nutter from the other side of the pond wasn't worth it....
Old 05-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #55
lukeman
Cool Hand

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Hi Luke
Good to hear from you, I'm not sure how many States I've been to, someone had to break the news to me the other day that Omaha is not a state, when I was trying to name the places I'd been to, so I don't think I could confidently say where I've been. I think I've been to quite a few, but that hasn't been deliberately so, just a bit zig-zagging in my routes. due to liking the names of places or their connections with films and books.
Are you out on the road this summer?
ride safe
Tiffany
Yeah I know what you mean, I base my knowledge of the England in a similar method. Film, pop culture, big news.

I'm not sure how many big rides I'll be able to go on this year. Getting married and buying a house in the next 30 days. Trying to talk the future misses into renting some 125s in southeast asia for a honeymoon but she hasn't seemed too enthusiastic.
Currently: 04 Tiger 955i | 85 BMW K100RT stripped
lukeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #56
Tiffany OP
Airhead Adventuress

Talking Crater Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phone Guy View Post
Tiffany, I looking forward to meeting you at Tynda. There are some great roads to ride in that area. Last year Crater Lake was closed due to snow but I don't think that will be an issue this year.

Mike
Hi Mike
I definitely want to get up to Crater Lake, I've seen other people's photos of it and it looks amazing. I'll see you there.
ride safe
Tiffany

Tiffany's youtube video
Old 05-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #57
Tiffany OP
Airhead Adventuress

Talking Chat Up Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowernOlder View Post
"The bloke was not very friendly at all, he had decided that because I had a funny looking number plate, I must be a dodgy person. He demanded all my documents, "oh no" I thought, "this is me getting done for it" and so took diversionary action, launching into a long monolgoue about where my motorbike is from and all the countries I've been to on it. I talked non-stop until, in the end he got so bored of hearing me speak (or else just thought I was a nutter) and told me to go.He obligingly posed for a picture before I took off."

He was just looking for a date....

I guess he decided that the nutter from the other side of the pond wasn't worth it....
I think with his chat up line... " I need to see your registration, licence and insurance" he is not going to get far with anyone

Tiffany's youtube video
Old 05-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #58
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,227
Quote:
I think with his chat up line... " I need to see your registration, licence and insurance" he is not going to get far with anyone

Seems that a lot of cops in New Mexico think that line is a direct route to your heart. All they ever pull over is women.
Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #59
Tiffany OP
Airhead Adventuress

Thumb Windy City

Just got in to the Windy City...

and there are a lot of BMWs
and a very warm welcome from BMW Motorcycles of Countryside, Illinois who were hosting me for the next couple of days

Thelma soon takes her place with the other Beemers

and enjoys the company.

meanwhile I am meeting customers and talking about my travels (yes I'm the one who looks like a dwarf as I was showing them the map on my topbox with my various routes around the world)

Tiffany's youtube video
Old 05-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #60
JasonLester
Riding north

Oddometer: 188
Anyone that has riden that much in that many places has my respect....and my subscription to thier RR.

Looking forward to updates.
JasonLester is offline   Reply With Quote