Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #46
silverboy
Bunny

Oddometer: 544
I'm looking forward to following your progress, it sounds like a dream come true.
Just curious, did any of you sustain injuries or is the race a benefit for wounded soldiers?

Steve Mcqueen
silverboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #47
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverboy View Post
I'm looking forward to following your progress, it sounds like a dream come true.
Just curious, did any of you sustain injuries or is the race a benefit for wounded soldiers?
Thanks for following us on this Silverboy. I don't know if you have been to the website yet Raceforthewounded.com on it we have a tab for meet the team. I will give you information on all of the team member, but yes 3 of the 4 riders are disabled vets. We are doing the race to benefit the Wounded Warrior's. We have a link to donate on the webpage I hope that you will take a look at the site and make a small donation.

I don't know if we have Ed's Bio up yet or not he is our newest member so I think he is still working on it, but he is a Vietnam Vet.

Thank you,
Brett
Cornbread82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #48
wittyusername
Baja Basketball

Oddometer: 120
New Flier is up!

For those of you who PM'ed about the flier - thanks!

We've been busy and secured a few more sponsors. If you'd like a revised Team TCB flier to hang up in your local motorcycle shop, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks again!
Attached Images

wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #49
silverboy
Bunny

Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread82 View Post
Thanks for following us on this Silverboy. I don't know if you have been to the website yet Raceforthewounded.com on it we have a tab for meet the team. I will give you information on all of the team member, but yes 3 of the 4 riders are disabled vets. We are doing the race to benefit the Wounded Warrior's. We have a link to donate on the webpage I hope that you will take a look at the site and make a small donation.

I don't know if we have Ed's Bio up yet or not he is our newest member so I think he is still working on it, but he is a Vietnam Vet.

Thank you,
Brett

Brett
What a cool idea. Are you making modifications to your bike for any disabilities?

Steve Mcqueen
silverboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #50
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverboy View Post
Brett
What a cool idea. Are you making modifications to your bike for any disabilities?
No Silverboy, thank goodness that we don't need to do anything like that to the bike. Just trying to make it into a rock, only one rider has raced Baja so the other three of us will be hitting the ground among other things We are going to need it to holdup to all of that!!

We did contact Highway Dirtbikes and Paul is going to help us out by outfitting us with some bullet proof handguards for the bike!!!!! I don't know if you have seen them or not, I use them on my Husky and they are great!!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #51
wittyusername
Baja Basketball

Team TCB Shirts for sale

Hey everybody,

We made some team shirts to help us off-set some of the costs of getting us to the Baja. We just got them up for sale on the website.

We designed the shirts to look like a Motorcycle Club cut. Two rockers and a center logo. And the little moto-rider is representing the “MC” (See “Sons of Anarchy”). The colors of the shirt are the same colors used on military ammo cans. We thought you veterans would appreciate the familiarity.

http://www.raceforthewounded.com/buy...m-tcb-t-shirt/

The shirts run true to size but will shrink a little but - but not much.

Thanks for looking,
Scott
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #52
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

KLIM gear is in!!!! As per earlier post, Mark at KLIM helped the team with a sponsorship and when I got home today a nice box of KLIM was at the gate

Team TCB would like to thank KLIM for the support of Team TCB and the Wounded Warriors!!
Old 05-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #53
wittyusername
Baja Basketball

Labor Day Ride for the Wounded - Arizona

Just wanted to get the word out about the ride Ed (Bronco Driver) is putting together on Labor Day. Wish I could make it. If you're in the area...I'm sure it'll be a good time.

Click here to visit Bronco Driver's Labor Day Ride for the Wounded thread in the "West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left" forum.

Here's the event details form Bronco Driver (AKA Ed)...

Labor Day Ride For the Wounded In Northern Arizona 31 Aug - 3 Sept 2012.
Meals will be provided on sight by Cattle Boss,aka Tony
Will supply dinner Friday night. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner Saturday and Sunday...and breakfast on Monday.
Beverages will include coffee and bottled water.
$75.00 per person.
All proceeds will go to Wounded Warrior Project.
There will be shirts for sale to support /www.raceforthewounded.com
PayPal- xred67@gmail.com
Or Call (928)533-8159

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #54
drc42
Rally Dreamer

Oddometer: 1,737
Got my shirt in the mail yesterday. Looks good and I will wear it with pride! Best of luck to you guys and kudos for racing for a good cause.
Help support my racing addiction and look cool doing it! Buy a T-shirt or hat from the Dakar Dream Store
drc42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:52 PM   #55
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc42 View Post
Got my shirt in the mail yesterday. Looks good and I will wear it with pride! Best of luck to you guys and kudos for racing for a good cause.
Hey thanks for the support DRC, we will try and keep you up to speed on everything
Old 05-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #56
wittyusername
Baja Basketball

Free t-shirt give away

Hey all - we're trying to get more 'likes' and 'shares' on our team Facebook page. "Race For The Wounded" on Facebook.

If you "Share" our shirt photo, your name will be entered in a drawing to win a free Team TCB shirt. Only first 50 "Shares" will be eligible for the free shirt give away. Good Luck!

Click here to visit our Facebook page.

Scott
Old 05-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #57
HalfFast
Double Secret Pit Ninja

Oddometer: 250
Got my shirt in the mail today!!! And I can't wait to chase and pre run with you guys. I am already prepping my Baja pre run bike.

2012 2nd place NORRA Mexican 1000
2013 1st place NORRA Mexican 1000
HalfFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #58
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFast View Post
Got my shirt in the mail today!!! And I can't wait to chase and pre run with you guys. I am already prepping my Baja pre run bike.
Thanks for the support HalfFast, we are going to have a good time I am doing the same thing with the race bike and a pre runner. Had to go back to work so now I can't do anything for the next 5 weeks and its killing me
Old 05-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #59
wittyusername
Baja Basketball

New blog with team updates

Hey all - we posted a new blog on the website with lots of team updates. Go to our website to sign up for the team newsletter and get team updates e-mailed to you.

Otherwise - here's the link to the blog.

http://www.raceforthewounded.com/category/blog/

Thanks for looking!

Scott
Old 06-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #60
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Hey all, well I would like to be updating more on the thread but I am back overseas for about another month and not able to do as much as I would like to be getting ready for the race.

First let me say good luck to all that are racing in the 500 this weekend! Wish that I could have been down to help out some but work seems to get in the way of life all the time!!!

We did get a package from one of our sponsors Highway Dirtbikes!! Paul sent us some great hand guards, top clamp and switches for the bike. Thanks Paul you know how to make some great stuff!! (pics to follow)

We did pickup another sponsor, AboutMeTee.com They are a T shirt company that is just starting out and is going to donate $1 dollar for every T shirt sold off of their site. Thank you for your support Dorian!!!

The team is getting together the first part of Aug. to do a pre ride in Baja, should be good fun. This will also be the first time that some of us will meet. Kinda funny that we are so far into this and we have never talked face to face.

Well just thought I would give a bit of an update on what was going on with the team, and take the opportunity to thank all of you that have been to the site getting T shirts and donating to the Wounded Warriors on the site.

Brett