Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #16
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,144
Looks like I can come out the hospital gate and hook a right into that giant parking lot and meet up with you at the Red Robin, Yum!! I will see you there at 0730. And yes sidewalks and curbs are merely a bump in the road.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #17
simestd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post
The correct answer is no. Not if you're in your car.

However, if you're on your bike and you've got a Course Marshal on the back... it's your solemnly sworn duty and like it or not; you must.

Drunk Uncle, I've got you on the morning shift. Any other preferences or volunteers?

Sold! (just kidding). Anyway, I'm already volunteering at the GNT volunteer tent from 6:30-10:30 AM, but would be glad to also help out on the afternoon shift if you still need volunteers. I can bring along my GL500 which has a nice low seat height and a spare ladies L full face helmet. Have pillion experience, performed similar duties last year on the Bike for Women.

Let me know

'82 XV750, '82 GL500, '02 DR650, '07 XT225

simestd screwed with this post 05-12-2012 at 09:08 PM
simestd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #18
legion OP
Wait Til Friday

Oddometer: 12,624
Not totally sure what we need at this point, Simestd, but appreciate the offer. Will update as we get a little closer... and I'll slide by the v-tent to say howdy!
legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #19
legion OP
Wait Til Friday

Volunteers please PM me your email addresses or other contact info. The race director would like to get in touch with you directly. Thanks
Old 05-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #20
legion OP
Wait Til Friday

We're set, Gentlemen. Here's the lineup...

Heli, Tom327Cat, Drunk Uncle, Simestd, and me. I'll sweep the floors, be a general stupidvisor, fill-in if something goes completely sideways, etc. Whatever needs to be done. Schedule is:

Drunk Uncle and Heli are on for the 8a-12p stretch and Tom357 and Simestd are up for the 12p-4p stretch. We'll coordinate the changeout so that it's smooth and everybody knows roughly where to go and what to do. If that's too hard to do via PM or email I'll meet the second shift at a pre-arranged point and we'll ride out together to where the change takes place.

Thanks again for volunteering. I had a good time last time and am betting this'll be more of the same.

I'll get w/ the race director and confirm a meeting point for us all. I'm pretty sure he'll contact all of you via email or ph in the next day or so but that might only be a comfort thing on his end... I don't actually know. If you don't hear from him directly I'll get the info you need myself for sure.

Quote:
Ok, Gentlemen. Here's what we have...

Heli, Tom357, Druncle; you're in. We could use one more rider if anybody's feeling like they're up for it. There will be a couple of 3 mile sections to roam with a Marshal on the back. They are roughly from the bridge over the highway at Ft Rich then approximately 3mi to the range. The second is roughly from there to the transition where the running portion of the race begins.

There will be two shifts of two riders.

The first shift is from 8a to 12p.

The second shift is from 12p to 4p.

The guys from the first shift should meet up in front of the Red Robin out toward Bartlett HS at roughly 7:30a to grab a Course Marshal and get instructions on where and how. They can then tell the second shift riders how it works at the noon change-out.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #21
legion OP
Wait Til Friday

Update:

Shift times have uh, shifted.

First shift is officially 9:00a to 1:00p

Second shift is officially 1:00p to 5:00p

...first shift, let's plan on meeting in front of the Red Robin at 8:45a and then we'll launch out from there to where the course marshals will point us. Second shift... same place but roughly 12:30p as the race will already be in full swing and we'll probably need to hustle to the point where the first shift riders get relieved.

I think you've all got my cell ph number but any that don't please holler and I'll shoot it to you. Tx / Mike

Old 05-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #22
legion OP
Wait Til Friday

This is all happening Sunday, Gentlemen. All but Drunkle have rec'd a confirming email.

Drunkle... I'll PM you a copy of same.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #23
legion OP
Wait Til Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
I will be there with a Nolan N42 helmet for the marshal.

Perfect !
Old 05-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #24
legion OP
Wait Til Friday

I think another of you guys has a large beanie or similar helmet IIRC. If you've got it, please bring same and we'll be able to stash any extra helmet we might wind up with in the race director's ride or another safe place.

Thanks!... and please confirm that you all have rec'd the race director's email
Old 05-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #25
legion OP
Wait Til Friday

Sunday.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #26
simestd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
Received the email from the director. Do I need to bring my extra full face helmet or do we have enough beanie style lids?

'82 XV750, '82 GL500, '02 DR650, '07 XT225
simestd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #27
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,939
I have a flip-up to lend, any of you guys in or closer to Eagle River than Legion that can run it in? I'm leaving Sat morning in the opposite direction.
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #28
legion OP
Wait Til Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by simestd View Post
Received the email from the director. Do I need to bring my extra full face helmet or do we have enough beanie style lids?
We'll need a total of two extra lids and Drunk Uncle has a Nolan N42 he's bringing which will be perfect. The full face jobbies probably wouldn't work too well for a woman that needs to shout at riders once in a while. I *think* that Tom327 said he's got a couple of beanies; an L and an XL.

Whichever of you have that L beanie (I'm guessing it's you, Tom, but not sure) please bring it and we'll be covered.

And thanks, ThatGuy. I think we're covered.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #29
BARB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,867
Quote:
We'll need a total of two extra lids and Drunk Uncle has a Nolan N42 he's bringing which will be perfect. The full face jobbies probably wouldn't work too well for a woman that needs to shout at riders once in a while. I *think* that Tom327 said he's got a couple of beanies; an L and an XL.

Whichever of you have that L beanie (I'm guessing it's you, Tom, but not sure) please bring it and we'll be covered.

And thanks, ThatGuy. I think we're covered.
I have loaners at the shop. Barb
Old 05-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #30
Tom327Cat
T-Dub rider

Oddometer: 147
the things i do for my country

I never received an email from the director, but I shall show up, bringing the large.

Tom327Cat screwed with this post 05-19-2012 at 01:22 AM Reason: add
Tom327Cat is offline   Reply With Quote