Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #47461
Elvis70 OP
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
Mountain Moto you don't live far from me cause I live on the Fayetteville/Wheeler border.

After my leg workout at the gym this morning I come home for a big plate of mexican beans (Flor de Mayo, check em out Matt you will like them), then got on my bicycle to run the rest of my errands including going to vote. I ended up getting 14.75 miles of riding just doing stuff I needed to do. Going to start doing that a lot more. Riding to the gym tomorrow morning. Save miles on the car, gas, and get my cardio knocked out along the way.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #47462
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa View Post
In Spain only "older" ladies take their tops off.
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #47463
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 15,278
Thanks for the tip on the Frijitos Daron.

ok, this is PROOF for you guys that I am from MS.

been busy as hell the last several weeks, got a chance the last few evenings to address some issues.

ONE.

beemer bike has a rattle in the front end, has done it for the entire time ive owned it, I have gone thru the guage pod, the fuel tank, never could find it.

finally realized.. its the 2 front brake rotors.
they are mounted in this floating bobbin, wave washer scenario.
washed the bike today, turn the wheel by hand and could hear the rotor 'fall' and make the noise.

bingo. maybe I should have washed it sometime in the last couple of years...

5 mounting bolts each side. one bobbin, and one wave washer each.
tried to remove bolt, NOPE.
break out the torch, 280 degrees, unscrews like its in butter.
bobbins show wear, wave washers are some good, some broke.

wash hands,drink a beer, google advrider..

here is my solution, this wont last forever, but it has already stopped the noise, and will certainly last until I replace the bobbins ( $6.70) and the wave washers ( $1) each.

bobbin

where it goes...

temp ( semi permenant!) fix haha

cheapy temp gun to make sure I dont bubble powder coat..

marking the ones I wrapped, to re apply loctite tomorrow.. ( after I ride to buy more loctite..)

oh yeah, other repair..

TWO

this plastic cover, that covers wires, and stuffon my bike, I broke one of the mounting tabs a while back, Ive just left it off.

cover ( not my bike, google photos...)

without cover

they cost $18, and I have to order and go pick up in bentonville..

I was bored, swiped a wooden spoon from the kitchen..

a few minutes with the pocket knife.. then 24 hours for the JB weld to set up and viola!

mouthfulloflake screwed with this post 05-22-2012 at 06:35 PM
mouthfulloflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #47464
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,232
That last picture looks like you shoved a dildo in there and JB welded it. Ha
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #47465
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

I figured it would be Ted that noticed the shape I whittled...

but ok, you are my new hero Charlie!

Old 05-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #47466
Elvis70 OP

Damn Mouth, you ever seen a U.F.O. or dated your sister?
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Old 05-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #47467
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

possibly on the UFO ( ive been to roswell, NM after all...)

absolutely not on the sister thing...

Old 05-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #47468
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70 View Post
Damn Mouth, you ever seen a U.F.O. or dated your sister?
I've dated a UFO, and seen Mouth's sister, does that count?
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #47469
Elvis70 OP

After reading the book, Born To Run, I told my wife I want to try this drink the Tarahumara Indians drink along with Pinole (dried ground corn) to fuel their runs which can last up to 72 hours. A team of 5 of these Indians was put together by a guy and brought to run the Leadville 100 (as in 100 miles) in CO at 10,000 feet with 2 2600' climbs and they took first place and 2 more of the top five spots so they are the real deal. Running is in their culture, they live in the Copper Canyons of the Sierra Madres. The drink is just Chia seeds in water with lime and agave or some other sweetener. Made some tonight with agave to sweeten and it tastes great. My wife says she drank it a lot in Mexico. Chia seeds as it turns out are super nutritious. And yes they are the same seeds in a chia pet. I just ordered up 3 pounds of them, along with some Masa Harina to make pinole power bars at home.

Maybe I can bike to work on this stuff. I am not really a runner but I was enthralled with the book. It is like the best ADV story ever told, but without motorcycles.

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/tarahum...-chia-recipes/
Old 05-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #47470
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,165
Quote:
After reading the book, Born To Run, I told my wife I want to try this drink the Tarahumara Indians drink along with Pinole (dried ground corn) to fuel their runs which can last up to 72 hours. A team of 5 of these Indians was put together by a guy and brought to run the Leadville 100 (as in 100 miles) in CO at 10,000 feet with 2 2600' climbs and they took first place and 2 more of the top five spots so they are the real deal. Running is in their culture, they live in the Copper Canyons of the Sierra Madres. The drink is just Chia seeds in water with lime and agave or some other sweetener. Made some tonight with agave to sweeten and it tastes great. My wife says she drank it a lot in Mexico. Chia seeds as it turns out are super nutritious. And yes they are the same seeds in a chia pet. I just ordered up 3 pounds of them, along with some Masa Harina to make pinole power bars at home.

Maybe I can bike to work on this stuff. I am not really a runner but I was enthralled with the book. It is like the best ADV story ever told, but without motorcycles.

drink this..you'll have the runs I gar-uhn-tee it!

DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #47471
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,389
Quote:

Can't be any nastier then eating a Cliff bar, or as I like to call them dehydrated turd bars.
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #47472
terrascout
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,530
new pic

Doc,
For your TX Gulf States pic thread.

I think we need to go get the pic of JDS3 dumping him boots out after the Lee creek crossing and Gus from Wed in bright orange attire. You know the more visible Gus. Elvis, you still have that pic of JD pouring water out of his boots?
terrascout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #47473
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,047
The wife and I have been enjoying Chia seeds for about a year now. 2 things, They can dehydrate you if you aren't fully hydrated before drinking them and if you spill some don't throw them on the ground. They will put Jack's magic beans to shame.

Quote:

Old 05-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #47474
Elvis70 OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Can't be any nastier then eating a Cliff bar, or as I like to call them dehydrated turd bars.
Cliff bars are the worst bar ever. However Cliff Mojo bars are great. Too much protein to use for energy bars though, I take them in the chopper cause they don't melt, and cause Sam's has them by the case.

I ate a thing I got at the bike shop(High Roller) today endorsed by Lance Armstrong. Supposedly a version of some waffle thing available in Northern Europe that is his favorite to eat on the bike. It was only 160 calories but good ingredients and really good carbs. Called a stinger waffle. The honey flavored one is great. Going to look for more at a better price online.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #47475
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

I need some of these seeds...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_hispanica

mouthfulloflake screwed with this post 05-22-2012 at 07:25 PM