Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #331
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post

thanks for the update!

Awww man, I moved the list in here, and changed the links pointing to it, but forgot to update it. This batch of 30 I've been catching up on over the past week will probably start the potting process tomorrow.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #332
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Big News! - 30 More IICE Airs Available!

We have components remaining to build 30 more IICE Airs! After these orders are shipped, Johnjen and I will be setting up to manufacture the upcoming IICE Cool product.

Get the IICE Air here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...5#post15398245

The IICE Air is $75, plus $7.50 shipping to 50 states, and sales tax if shipped to a California address.

The IICE Air fits all fuel-injected BMW models.
One size fits all!

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation

Poolside screwed with this post 05-22-2012 at 11:09 PM
Old 05-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #333
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial9xs View Post

SIGH...in other words...they are not in the mail on time (AGAIN!)
I see you are upset about it, are you aware you're not in this batch?

Old 05-23-2012, 03:29 AM   #334
BenFongTorres
Banned

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
I see you are upset about it, are you aware you're not in this batch?

Why wouldn't I be upset? I was quoted a three week delivery time and it has been almost three months with the target shipping date having changed at least a 1/2 dozen times. And I don't understand how my initials and state have been well up in the 2nd to the last batch since I ordered and paid in full on March 5, 2012 and now they are suddenly in the last group? I trust you understand, Jim...That's it for me.

I trust you will be standup about refunding my full purchase price immediately on an item I have never received.

BenFongTorres screwed with this post 05-23-2012 at 04:28 AM
BenFongTorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #335
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,190
I Am Not An Apologist

Quote:
Why wouldn't I be upset? I was quoted a three week delivery time and it has been almost three months with the target shipping date having changed at least a 1/2 dozen times. And I don't understand how my initials and state have been well up in the 2nd to the last batch since I ordered and paid in full on March 5, 2012 and now they are suddenly in the last group? I trust you understand, Jim...That's it for me.

I trust you will be standup about refunding my full purchase price immediately on an item I have never received.
Hey Denial,

I am not an apologist for Poolside, he doesn't need one, but my sincere advice is to chill out. PS has a life beyond making these devices for our use. Waiting a few months will not stop you from enjoying your 2010 GSA as it is. Sweet anticipation. Life is good, relax.

Wallowa screwed with this post 05-23-2012 at 09:00 AM
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #336
Roll-sen
Hater be Hatin'

Oddometer: 127
Dude...really?

Quote:
I was quoted a three week delivery time and it has been almost three months...I ordered and paid in full on March 5, 2012...
And you're complaining? All of us who ordered when the Aire was first announced waited a hell of a lot longer than that. All that history is spelled out word for word through this entire thread. Myself, I ordered in March 2011 and received the product in September. 2011. Quoted the same three week turnaround as you and everyone else. I don't call this out to demean Poolside and his production schedule, rather to point out that the delays are well-documented, and frankly, should be expected by now.

I "paid my money and I took my chances" which seems to me like a reasonable expectation when ordering any product made by an inmate in their basement in their spare time. I was pleased with the product when I first received it and ran it with the steptoe mod. In the last week I've discovered a new facet to its benefits running without the steptoe mod. It's a terrific little item that has made a great bike even better. I'll order the Cool when it's available knowing I'll get it when I get it. It's not like I'm prevented from riding the bike without it.
Roll-sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #337
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll-sen View Post
And you're complaining? All of us who ordered when the Aire was first announced waited a hell of a lot longer than that. All that history is spelled out word for word through this entire thread. Myself, I ordered in March 2011 and received the product in September. 2011. Quoted the same three week turnaround as you and everyone else. I don't call this out to demean Poolside and his production schedule, rather to point out that the delays are well-documented, and frankly, should be expected by now.

I "paid my money and I took my chances" which seems to me like a reasonable expectation when ordering any product made by an inmate in their basement in their spare time. I was pleased with the product when I first received it and ran it with the steptoe mod. In the last week I've discovered a new facet to its benefits running without the steptoe mod. It's a terrific little item that has made a great bike even better. I'll order the Cool when it's available knowing I'll get it when I get it. It's not like I'm prevented from riding the bike without it.
+1

I have even offered to send $ to PS to be on the first batch of Cools. To his credit PS is waiting until he has started before accepting cash.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #338
DiamondLie
Banned

Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll-sen View Post
And you're complaining?

I "paid my money and I took my chances" which seems to me like a reasonable expectation
Sorry but that is some serious rubbish, mate. I can't think of anything that I have purchased in the last two decades that I would employ that sort of wisdom towards. Have you heard the saying "a fool and his money are soon departed?" I think that Denial could probably stand to take a chill-pill but why would anyone in 2012 expect to pay for something up front that may or may not arrive at it's appointed time as defined by the person selling it? I don't have a dog in this fight but in my mind the only way one should be selling something is if they have it in hand to actually sell.
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #339
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

Well Curtis (Denial9xs), I understand your request. Conversely I hope you can understand that this little hotrod device is not responsible for your general demeanor in life. And as you mentioned in a message to me, how that may affect your overall health.

Regarding the shipping estimates, that is what they are, estimates. The commitment is that you will receive a totally bitchen IICE Air for your bike, as my personal time and circumstance allows.

The above statement is expressed on the invoice which you, and 300 other people, agreed to before deciding to go ahead with a purchase. Give it another look, it's only 2 sentences.

On a personal note, the west coast hippie in me says, and that others have echoed, "Chill out dude!"

Old 05-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #340
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLie View Post

Sorry but that is some serious rubbish, mate. I can't think of anything that I have purchased in the last two decades that I would employ that sort of wisdom towards. Have you heard the saying "a fool and his money are soon departed?"

I think that Denial could probably stand to take a chill-pill but why would anyone in 2012 expect to pay for something up front that may or may not arrive at it's appointed time as defined by the person selling it? I don't have a dog in this fight but in my mind the only way one should be selling something is if they have it in hand to actually sell.
Sounds like the right thing for you, Diamond. But it wasn't that way for the 300 or so people who decided to make a purchase. About 260 pieces have been shipped thus far.

And let me just say again, these folks who decided to jump in on this what-started-out-as-a-hobby endeavor, they have been the greatest. Just a treat to interact with.

To address one of your comments, there was no expectation of a time commitment. That is clearly expressed in two sentences, located front and center on the invoice page. That invoice page is what a potential customer sees right before they click the 'submit order' button.

There has always been my best estimate of a shipping schedule. Actually, the estimate itself is sort of new. There used to not even be that much. But either way I get it man. It's not for you.

Poolside screwed with this post 05-24-2012 at 10:04 AM Reason: Grammar
Old 05-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #341
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,118
when did ADV pick up so many wankers?

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #342
wrysingfeenix
Dust off those ashes

Oddometer: 627
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
when did ADV pick up so many wankers?

I've been thinking the same thing. This whole project is an adventure, fer chrissakes, and it is ADVrider.com after all.

---'09 Vespa GT200 Granturismo
---'96 BMW R1100GS Mod Project
wrysingfeenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #343
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrysingfeenix View Post
I've been thinking the same thing. This whole project is an adventure, fer chrissakes, and it is ADVrider.com after all.

i know - one of our guys came up with something cool. "ferchristsakes", let him. Yeah he's late - blah blah blah. so what.

In proper ADV tradition heckle him, call him fat and tell him he cant ride so we can get back on track over here.

Quote:
Old 05-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #344
BenFongTorres
Banned

Oddometer: 831
The reality of the story is that...there is more to the story (isn't there always? A quick reminder to us all to not pass judgment too quickly on others.) That being said I do believe Poolside and I are working things out. Please return to your normal viewing activity and thanks for letting me vent.
BenFongTorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #345
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
The reality of the story is that...there is more to the story (isn't there always? A quick reminder to us all to not pass judgment too quickly on others.) That being said I do believe Poolside and I are working things out. Please return to your normal viewing activity and thanks for letting me vent.
plus I hear he's fat and cant ride

Quote: