ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #49171
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
A death ride on a lifeless body down a river might be a video Meef will actually watch.

I doubt it. He can't watch any of our videos just on principle alone...or at least he would never admit to watching them. ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #49172
ScienceOfDirt
U-Boat Rider

Oddometer: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
l
So what's everyone's riding plans for this 3 day weekend?
Going to open the lakehouse for the season, and spend 3 days getting the boats ready for the season. I may have to head to the beach, and relax a bit once I get sore from sticking my head into JetSkis.

Stop by if you're around Malvern, Ohio if you like. Internet is kinda slow, and I won't be on it during the day much. PM well ahead of time for directions etc.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #49173
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I doubt it. He can't watch any of our videos just on principle alone...or at least he would never admit to watching them. ;)
I accidentally clicked on the link to your videos in your sig line on my phone at work today. I quickly threw the phone across the room, knocking the battery out and breaking the screen in the process. I don't know if it stopped it in time. Please deduct one from your number of views total.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #49174
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
I accidentally clicked on the link to your videos in your sig line on my phone at work today. I quickly threw the phone across the room, knocking the battery out and breaking the screen in the process. I don't know if it stopped it in time. Please deduct one from your number of views total.
Whew, that was a close call then. I think most of my videos don't play on mobile devices anyway so you and Meef are safe if you prematurely click without looking.
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #49175
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceOfDirt View Post
Going to open the lakehouse for the season, and spend 3 days getting the boats ready for the season. I may have to head to the beach, and relax a bit once I get sore from sticking my head into JetSkis.

Stop by if you're around Malvern, Ohio if you like. Internet is kinda slow, and I won't be on it during the day much. PM well ahead of time for directions etc.
Wow Malvern is 4 hours away from me. Going to the lake this weekend does sound like fun though. I've been wanting to get a jetski too.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #49176
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
A death ride on a lifeless body down a river might be a video Meef will actually watch.

Fuck yeah!
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #49177
TdubOhio
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I'm gonna go ahead and be that total noob....
Started to read through this thread from the beginning, then realized it was the length of a set of encyclopedias...

I'm riding a few month old TW200 as my primary road transportation here in Cbus and am looking for some help locating (relatively) nearby trails to ride, as well.
I'd like to think I'm decent on a bike, but I am pretty new to riding (rode a scooter all fall/winter, lol) so would like to keep it in the vicinity of Franklin County, if possible.
I work midnight shift, and weekends are generally taken up playing gigs, so I'd likely look to go riding during odd hours of the week, which usually means alone. So not looking to get into any super technical stuff, just yet.
Later this summer I expect to hit more obvious places like the Wayne, although I'm currently clueless about the good spots to find further south. I'm also originally from Youngstown, so sooner or later I'll be heading up thataways, too...

For now, though, anyone with any info on local off road spots, or even some good scenic road drives I may not be aware of, a PM would be much appreciated.
And, if there are any local TW owners out there, drop me a line... I seem to be a unique breed here in town.
Dang near everyone (motorcyclists or not) seems to want to know what the heck I'm riding...
Old 05-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #49178
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdubOhio View Post
Started to read through this thread from the beginning, then realized it was the length of a set of encyclopedias...

I'm riding a few month old TW200 as my primary road transportation here in Cbus and am looking for some help locating (relatively) nearby trails to ride, as well.
I'd like to think I'm decent on a bike, but I am pretty new to riding (rode a scooter all fall/winter, lol) so would like to keep it in the vicinity of Franklin County, if possible.
I work midnight shift, and weekends are generally taken up playing gigs, so I'd likely look to go riding during odd hours of the week, which usually means alone. So not looking to get into any super technical stuff, just yet.
Later this summer I expect to hit more obvious places like the Wayne, although I'm currently clueless about the good spots to find further south. I'm also originally from Youngstown, so sooner or later I'll be heading up thataways, too...

For now, though, anyone with any info on local off road spots, or even some good scenic road drives I may not be aware of, a PM would be much appreciated.
And, if there are any local TW owners out there, drop me a line... I seem to be a unique breed here in town.
Dang near everyone (motorcyclists or not) seems to want to know what the heck I'm riding...
Welcome! I live in Troy near the flattest part of the start so I'll let the guys in the SE part tell you where the good riding areas are. I've never been to Perry SF or to Wayne but want to go soon. ;)
Old 05-23-2012, 04:45 AM   #49179
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero

Oddometer: 2,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdubOhio View Post

I was in your exact spot a few months ago. Just keep reading as this thread goes, there are usually several rides a week going on, and while it seems like everyone here is an ass, they really aren't in real life.

You won't find much of anything that's not renegade unless you head north, south, or east. I'm a slow poke and next week I don't have much going on, I wouldn't mind a nice relaxing gravel / easy trail day.

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:41 AM   #49180
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post

...and while it seems like everyone here is an ass, they really aren't in real life.

You haven't met all of us yet

Just kidding

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:45 AM   #49181
SCQTT
Zwei Kolben

Oddometer: 5,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
while it seems like everyone here is an ass, they really aren't in real life.
I am.......no, really.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:12 AM   #49182
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCQTT View Post
I am.......no, really.
He is. Really.

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:17 AM   #49183
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 839
RFS CRF150R DS conversion

Just in case you were wondering.....I'm finally making progress again on this.

Headlight, brake switch got here today. Just waiting on the stator and weighted fly wheel to begin the icky electrical part. Koubalink lowering link was installed a couple weeks ago and lowered the thing to an acceptable RFS chic level.

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:32 AM   #49184
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Hey Tdub. Forget about the past 1000's of pages. What's done is done. You'll want to check in here often from here on though, and you'll find plenty of folks wanting to ride at different days/times/places.

The closest known 'trails' are at Perry APV area, outside of Somerset. More often for us (on dual-sports); playing on old and forgotten roads (which can be degraded to the point where they are harder/funner than true trails). To find these hidden gems, you'll want to start coming on group rides. There are two common starting points; Laurelville down southeast, and Danville to the northeast.

I'm riding this Thursday if you're interested. Probably leaving mid-morning (10am?) and returning around 6pm, but that's all flexible.

I know the tw200 bike, but I'm not to sure of it's capabilities, can it cruise at 60-65 mph on country roads?
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #49185
blackdiamondmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
Harley Tim used to be a guide on the Gauley for those of you who know him. Speaking of Harley Tim he is getting ready to through hike the Appalachian Trail in a couple weeks.
Through hiking the trail is on my bucket list. He must either be a fast hiker or not mind the snow. I thought most people started much earlier in the year to finish before late fall when it gets snowy in the mountains. Wish him luck and safety! -Mike
blackdiamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote