Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #346
BenFongTorres
Banned

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
plus I hear he's fat and cant ride

Who? PS or me? Maybe true for the both of us I'm afraid!
BenFongTorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #347
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post

plus I hear he's fat and cant ride

HEY! I can ride.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #348
KCDakar
What are we waiting for?

Oddometer: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
HEY! I can ride.

You had the same ATGATT ideas that I had back then!
Love that sissy bar!

Now get back to work...

J/K!!!!!

Nobody asked me, but I like the part about ADV that is about that fantastic adventure spirit that a lot of us share. About how people come out of the woodwork to help others in need, some whom they have never even met. How some come up with an idea that can help out in a small or large way, the other crazy inmates around here. And they do so without asking for much in payback. More like a Pay It Forward kinda deal. How people go out of their way to write up a RR to share it with others. etc,,,
I don't know about the rest of you FF's, but I have a lot to pay forward! I'll maybe never be able to really pay PS & JJ back for all they have done for us with this project. (let alone all the other things they do around here) But, I would like to let them know that with this simple device, it has made something that I truly love and two years ago, almost completely lost being able to do, is now just a little bit easier for me to enjoy again.
I really look forward to each new development on this project. I just hope I get to see it to the end. One thing I learned (again) two years ago, you never know when your time will end. If you spend your time raining on your own parade you will miss out on the best part of your life. The part you are living right now. It does seem at times that a lot of the newer inmates tend to jump right in with both feet and sometimes don't land very well around here. I used to try and help them out with a short message about how they might be able to get more done with a little sugar vs vinegar when they are a n00b. Now I am finding, I don't have the time anymore. I only have time working to just stay alive with out to much pain and dreaming of my next ride of course! It was heartwarming to see that a few of you have been able to, shall we say, see the light?

PS, I would just like to thank you for all the hard work you have done and will do to see this all the way through. With all the time you have to spend here on ADV fielding questions and bashing heads when needed. It's a wonder you get anything done at all. I have a question of my own for you, when was the last time you got out and went for a ride? I don't mean a 'test' ride, but a ride to blow the cobwebs out? Never mind, just go out sometime this weekend and get a nice ride in. You deserve it! Hell, I'm sure going to try!!!

Sorry about the long post, it must be the morphine talking. Good night...

I tell it what it wants to hear, and it does what I want it to do. I made that Motronic my bitch. Poolside

Save $5 on Smugmug by entering coupon code: GJBcMk1uLoZm6
KCDakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:17 AM   #349
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,586
The previous post is EXACTLY why I am involved in this project.

There are those who grasp that we can and indeed MUST do what we can to pay it forward.

All to often we get wrapped up in our own little world with it's stresses, strains, drama, and unbidden surprises. Then sometimes we get a chance to see what others are faced with in their world and our struggles often seem so trivial in comparison.

This where and why paying it forward is such a powerful motivation for me. To be able to share something so small or seemingly innocuous, yet we never will really know what ultimate effect it will have nor how far and wide it will reach into unknown numbers of strangers lives.

Just because we can, indeed I think, must.

I am reminded of a scene in one of the star trek movies where Kirk asks Spock how the crew will fair under real combat conditions. And Spock answers…

'Each according to their gifts.'

Share your gifts, and EVERYONE gains something of value.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #350
wrysingfeenix
Dust off those ashes

Oddometer: 627
KCDakar and johnjen

Exactly. Precisely. Thanks for that.
---'09 Vespa GT200 Granturismo
---'96 BMW R1100GS Mod Project
wrysingfeenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #351
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Hey folks. I don't want to interrupt this moment of brotherly love, really I don't.

But did you know that there are only 24 IICE Airs left in the whole world?

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 05-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #352
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,586
Oh man…

Talk about spoiling the moment.

How are we all supposed to sing kumbuyah now?

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #353
Poolside OP
Syndicated

I know, it's a total buzzkill. But it had to be done, for Marketing's sake.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #354
Tessitori
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Do you have a solution for a 2002 F650gs? Is your system similar to the booster plug in terms of operation?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #355
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessitori View Post

Do you have a solution for a 2002 F650gs? Is your system similar to the booster plug in terms of operation?
Hey there, Tessitori. I posted an answer to your application and tech questions here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...4#post18769814

Old 05-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #356
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 15,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessitori View Post
Signore, you can try mine when we get your moto rolling, but get an order in NOW if they're still available.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #357
Poolside OP
Syndicated

I've got some time here to respond properly to your most excellent post, KC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDakar View Post

You had the same ATGATT ideas that I had back then!
Wallabees are excellent riding shoes! That was 1975. From my high school yearbook.

Quote:

I'll maybe never be able to really pay PS & JJ back for all they have done for us with this project. (let alone all the other things they do around here) But, I would like to let them know that with this simple device, it has made something that I truly love and two years ago, almost completely lost being able to do, is now just a little bit easier for me to enjoy again.

I really look forward to each new development on this project. I just hope I get to see it to the end. One thing I learned (again) two years ago, you never know when your time will end. If you spend your time raining on your own parade you will miss out on the best part of your life. The part you are living right now.
I had no idea. Thanks for letting us know that, KC. I occasionally lose the focus a bit. You know, "Tell me again why I'm going this, JJ?" But when I read your comments the reason is clear.

You know, when we lobbed that thread into GSpot we had no idea where it was going to take us. Certainly there are different levels of excitement and anticipation for what's next, but I gotta say, your comments are sort of stop-me-in-my-tracks sobering. You return me to the passion and enjoyment I have for this kind of work.

Quote:

PS, I would just like to thank you for all the hard work you have done and will do to see this all the way through. With all the time you have to spend here on ADV fielding questions and bashing heads when needed. It's a wonder you get anything done at all. I have a question of my own for you, when was the last time you got out and went for a ride? I don't mean a 'test' ride, but a ride to blow the cobwebs out? Never mind, just go out sometime this weekend and get a nice ride in. You deserve it! Hell, I'm sure going to try!!!
You are welcome. And you take that ride, I'm right behind you. (Yes, just as soon as I get my gearbox and clutch squared away. ) I'm definitely getting out on a bicycle ride though.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #358
Winkelfinger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Living in the wrong part of the whole world

Quote:

But did you know that there are only 24 IICE Airs left in the whole world?
Heya Poolside,
just found out that your Papal setup won´t accept customers from outside the US, that´s why I couldn´t get a cost quote for shipment.
As PM´d, I´m in Germany.

Any workaround? I really would like to combine American ingenuity with German tradition
Winkelfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #359
Leop54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
A question from Italy

Hi Poolside,
I've tried to buy your IICE Air this morning, but when prompted to fill the Paypal form, it was impossible to get things going because of the missing amount for an abroad expedition (Italy, in this case).
So, would you suggest me how to circumvent this and be able to enjoy the result of your work on my 2011 GS 1200ADV?
With my best regards
Leop54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #360
BMWzenrider
The Road Scholar

Oddometer: 1,089
Quote:
I know, it's a total buzzkill. But it had to be done, for Marketing's sake.
And here I thought it was JJ who was the only one concerned about marketing...
2002 BMW R1150RA
In Memoriam: Harley, 1993-2010 You will be missed.
BMWzenrider is offline   Reply With Quote