Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #136
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
Well ... in this thread, there have been references to sphincters, anus, and a dick or two, but when I look at both of your profiles, it sounds like mission impossible to me ...

Paul Jr 8
Old 05-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #137
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Buck View Post
Well ... in this thread, there have been references to sphincters, anus, and a dick or two, but when I look at both of your profiles, it sounds like mission impossible to me ...

Paul Jr 8
but mine is big enough for me to still see it without a mirror
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #138
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike Nomad View Post
Thank you Ged and your other contributors for this entertaining thread. I am greatly enjoying it except for two things. Firstly, once again I am exposed to a picture of a mangled Ged ankle. I thought that was finally behind me by now. I’m seeing it so often I might as well give in and make that my desktop background. Secondly, I was somewhat disappointed by seeing a decent quality head and shoulders shot of bobzilla. He is one of my favorite posters on the 690 thread. Somehow between his posts and his avatar pic I had concocted a vision that somewhere out in the Great Basin there was a hard charging, riding hell for leather dude that looked like the imminently homicidal spawn of Charles Manson and Hellboy , pausing from his riding only long enough to occasionally scan through the posts in the 690 thread and dispense succinct pearls of mechanical wisdom, like the oracle of handiness. Now I find out that he is a pleasant looking fellow, is probably someone’s favorite uncle, and can actually take the time to write multi-paragraph posts. Ged, I guess you just bring out the best in people.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the tale.

BN,
Geez.....what have i done to dispel your first impressions of BobZ????

Bob, I am so sorry for outing you as a sensitive man who truly cares for those close to him and who continues to open his heart to the human condition and the rest of us trapped in it.....but I am dedicated in this lifetime to de-mystifying myths....

BobZ's avatar certainly leads many of us to BN's impression of BobZ....I think he chose that pic as an avatar after one of his week-long rides far from baths, Walmart-kulture, and other accoutrements of "civilization".
He and I long for those safe places where other people are not able to trample our version of how life should be...

Every evening around the campfire, despite how many 690 rebuilds he did that day, Bob would say, "This is better than any hotel !"

We all had to agree...even though some guys were crushing their balls in their silly tripod camp chairs designed by the Marquis de Sade, others were pretending to find comfort in their miniature toy furniture, and I, lounging in the dirt or sand when not teetering on a boulder kindly placed before me by one of the youngsters....

"Ride the dez" is what Bob would say....with the unspoken suggestion that one should also sleep in it, breath it in, and take remnants of it home with you (I am still dumping sand out of my tent and other gear.....the varying colours of each remnant reminding me of it all).

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #139
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I keep my most valuable and precious tools under the protection of at least a roof of some sort...

Old 05-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #140
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Talking about your appendice or your sphincter ??? A large sphincter is always handy to store a 690 spare fuel pump. And why not a spare injector. If you're talking about your appendice - and you realy can still see it - it brings the meaning of the word "telescopic" to a whole new level ... It makes senses however, and it would explain why you experience so much difficulties to fit the whole of yourself into your pants ...

Paul Jr 8

Gros Buck screwed with this post 05-30-2012 at 05:39 PM
Gros Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #141
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Buck View Post
... It makes senses however, and it would explain why you experience so much difficulties to fit the whole of yourself into your pants ... Paul Jr 8
Just another "something" to be proud of.....eh!?!?

Old 05-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #142
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

maybe this is a better pic
finish line day three of KOTW with a flat front for the past 30 miles of rock infested coble fucked 2 track with some real deep sand thrown in

RIDE THE DEZ!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #143
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Okay.....BobZ IS a tough MFer....he rides like a baboon on meth with a dozen Thai chiles stuck up his butt....and that's just in first gear.

I thought he was being patient.....it seems that he just doesn't know how to quit

No matter how you look at him, there he is .

Old 05-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #144
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

So Kevin and Herc tqake care of stuffing up the fuel pump, wire connections crimped tight, hose saftey wired on since no crimp clamp, pump wired to housing , all back together and .................................................. .......
still wont idle SHIT\

WWTTD?

Tiner calmly walks over and says with a beer in his hand" fuel, air and spark , thats all it needs. did you check your plug?" Fuck no I didnt check the plug its always been the pump/injector

take the plug cap off and notice it has a crack. take it off , dut the wire back a bit, screw it back on the wire and super tape it up. take out the plug and it looks good but WTF its only a $28 special 690 plug so change it and............it lives. Tiner takes if for a 30 minute test ride and all is good

Moral of the story DONT GET TUNNEL VISON

One more Beer Fest night at a great campground with store,showers.bathroom, covered workarea for $20 for 8 guys

After riding all day long concentrating in isolation the evenings around a fire really let you get to know your friends on a different level. As good as the riding is the evenings are maybe a bigger part of this trip

ulterior motives: many differeent parts of my life are coming together on this trip and getting to know each other . I have good friends

it is all about me
Old 05-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #145
motoboy9
smooth is fast

Oddometer: 19
Wink

[QUOTE=desert_dave;18789616]i would say that i learned a valuable lesson that day, no wait make it two. the first being, when you show up some where to find a campsite somtimes its best just to sit back relax and watch the show. As Dan had said, we sat there on the porch enjoying a cold beverage and the hot girl behind the counter and watched the rest of the group as if they were on a poker run looking for a campsite. Aboot (dammit jed now you got me saying it) 10 min later we casually walk over to our bikes and ride to the campsite. As soon as we got there we say everyone in various stages of unpacking. From just the helmet off to stripped down boots off and ass in a chair. They immediatly started yelling at us turn your bike off. in the distance we could hear some yelling. What was that you said, better campsite! trees, grass, tables!!! Without a moment of hesitation Dan and i were gone from that rocky no tree, no grass SOB. New campsight= Shang-la-ra... Dan i quickly picked our spots and waited while the rest of the calvery stumbled in half dressed with all kids of shit hanging half hazardly off the bikes. Lesson one, sometimes it pays to be patient.
Lesson two; As this pains me to say i have been told enough times by countless diffrent people that,,,,,,,wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Yes it is a fact my mom and sister are both hot... Sometimes you just dont want the accept the facts. I mean come on, its my mom and sister, there not hot to me. So if you find yourself in a similar situation take the hight road like i did. put on your big boy pants, have broad shoulders and then finally drown yourself in great beer....thanks for the royal roasting on the trip boys. the only thing missing was that fat B@#$%# Lisa Lampanelli and my red chair...[/QUOT

I have been daves friend for about 20 years and as part of this friendship i have been privy to sleep overs at his house when we were young and my favorite part was always daves mom, there has always been something about daves mom! I hope she is not reading this.

05 custom
06 klr
motoboy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #146
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,644
I have read this statement on advrider before but, never used it myself.

Pictures ...or it didn't happen.

Really though, you all have discussed Dave's Mom and Sister so much we really need some pictures to get a complete understanding of the situation. (Just use Heather Locklear for Mom and Megan Fox as Sis and we will get the meaning )

Uller screwed with this post 05-31-2012 at 05:25 PM
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #147
roc104
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike Nomad View Post
Thank you Ged and your other contributors for this entertaining thread. I am greatly enjoying it except for two things. Firstly, once again I am exposed to a picture of a mangled Ged ankle. I thought that was finally behind me by now. I’m seeing it so often I might as well give in and make that my desktop background. Secondly, I was somewhat disappointed by seeing a decent quality head and shoulders shot of bobzilla. He is one of my favorite posters on the 690 thread. Somehow between his posts and his avatar pic I had concocted a vision that somewhere out in the Great Basin there was a hard charging, riding hell for leather dude that looked like the imminently homicidal spawn of Charles Manson and Hellboy , pausing from his riding only long enough to occasionally scan through the posts in the 690 thread and dispense succinct pearls of mechanical wisdom, like the oracle of handiness. Now I find out that he is a pleasant looking fellow, is probably someone’s favorite uncle, and can actually take the time to write multi-paragraph posts. Ged, I guess you just bring out the best in people.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the tale.
He can't speel for shit though, so that is still pretty accurate

This is starting to look like a maintenance report...not a ride report. I will try to throw in some pictures of the terrain we had between breakdowns. We actually do some riding, I swear.
roc104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #148
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Kevin,
Once you guys exhaust all the Travis Two stories from Bryce campground, I will continue with DAY FOUR....which was good riding....

Not many Day Three pics....but DAY FOUR has Bryce Canyons...Wahweap, and THE BEACH....

Dave, when will you invite me for a sleepover?

And will your sister and mom be there?

Old 05-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #149
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Our third day ended camping at the north end of the Bryce Canyon area...

Bob zipped up his bike for the second time and was once again pleased with this turn of events. We could sit back and relax...

Travis Two was using Dave's mom's negligee as his tent:

The boys from BrokeBack Mountain shared a saddle blanket:

While Dan, minus his KTM version of a kickstand (remember....it broke in the parking lot before the ride started in Mesquite ), applied the Bryce Canyon pine as his kickstand:

And because we were so kind, we had set up Bob's tent while he was sweating over his stubborn mule:

He worked so fast, it was like he was a blur...

The attention was directed to food, beer, showers, beer, and a fire....

A kind man offered us a box of firewood that his crew in their motorhome wasn't needing, and that added to some bought from the hotel/restaurant/store nearby in the tourist complex...we were ready for more stories from Travis Two, discussions as to the considerations that Dave's mom and sister offered our fantasies....

These cowboys had been on the trail too long....

I suspect gasoline may have been involved...

Captain Morgan attended for a while with the Broke Back boys were cuddling into their down...

Chairs ?....we don't need no steenkin' chairs...

Another excellent day was put to bed with a bellyfull of beer, good humour, and dreams of Dave's...... and

Old 05-31-2012, 09:49 PM   #150
motoged OP
Studly Adventurer

Day four

DAY FOUR:

Another beautiful blue sky greeted us in the morning.

After packing up, getting some gas, and Power Bars...we became tourists more than gnarly desert adventure guys....

Dave....the Doctor:

Travis One...

Travis Two managing his vertigo...

Herc (Travis One) doing a Captain Morgan.....living on the edge, this guy

Herc getting ready for take-off... all systems go...

The family...

and the foreigner...

No narrative...Bryce spoke for herself...

The tourist vista tour took under an hour and we were headed east towards the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument area.

The ride back into Tropic was pretty ...

We pulled into the restaurant lot in Tropic....it was 102' according to the thermometer on my pack...

And Travis Two decided to become a mechanical worry on his own. His oil pressure light had come on somewhere between Bryce and Tropic...and as he had to return to Los Angeles that day (yeah...big miler guy ), the problem was significant.

He whipped out his phone, called his technical advisors and was told:

"The 950's have a long paper oil filter that sometimes collapses....you can take it out and ride without the filter if you have to....at least to St. George where there is a KTM shop"... (i.e. his technical advisor).

So, we all gathered around to see if all that was true...David was playing doctor with his boogers, Fidel was doing the "manly pose", Kevin was drinking baby oil, and Herc was just squinting cuz he thinks he looks like Clint Eastwood when he does...

Bob was thrilled to get his hands greasy again:

Travis Two removed the crushed oil filter...and we bid him adieu .... we were sure going to miss
him ....

Travis Tiner is a guy you want to have on your ride: he is a joyful innocent , brings good advice (WWTTD= What Would Travis Tiner Do?) , he knows how to handle rowdies because he will give them and will tell them to cuz he won't take any .