ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #3301
Dfrnt
Just pluggin' along

Oddometer: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog* View Post
you must have a better weather forecast:

Chance of dust = zero. Always look on the bright side My bike made it fine. Nice and cool with a light wind to blow the water spray out of your way....
Old 06-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #3302
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,542
I took a nice ride down to Checkered Past Cycles yesterday. Good time with Charlie and Steph and we even grabbed some lunch at Bell's in Kzoo

The ride there was fine, just drizzle and mist, but the ride home was when the rain really hit. Once your crotch gets wet it's all over.
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #3303
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Once your crotch gets wet it's all over.
Huh?
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #3304
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
I going to have to put that in my sig. If it's ok with you.

Quote:
kentnothstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #3305
BrittC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Folks. I'm in need of someone with some tree cutting skills for a small job near Kingsley on Arbutus Lake. I have a large tree limb hanging up high near our cottage, and I have a smaller tree leaning over a neighboring cottage. They both need to come down without damaging either structure.

We're not on site right now but can explain it in detail over the phone. If you can do it or you can refer me to someone that you know, it would be much appreciated to hear from you via PM.

Thanks.
http://britt-motorcycling.blogspot.com
BrittC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #3306
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentnothstine View Post
I going to have to put that in my sig. If it's ok with you.
Feel free!

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #3307
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Twas a beautiful morn for a egg mcmuffin and a ride in the country. There were a couple of guys at the drive-up in a pickup with a pair of KTM Enduros in the back. Anyone here? I cut through the GVSU campus and watched the cycle safety class for a while. They were riding cute little Suzuki 250s. Looked like fun. I got home just in time to see Verlanders first pitch go over the fence.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #3308
kentnothstine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
Thanks

Quote:
kentnothstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #3309
Geepn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Did an adventure ride loop with Great lakes Dual Sport yesterday up in Newago / Oceana county. Seasonal roads, gravel roads, two tracks, and some pavement. 160+ miles. Made for a long day, but a good ride. I have the route on map and roll chart.
The roads were really sloppy but lots of fun. Nearly got run down by deer and turkey.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #3310
StromBoni
Hot Dog Captain

Oddometer: 658
for sale

If anyone is interested in a simple, old-school, air-cooled street thumper, I have my neighbors bike for sale.

2002 Suzuki Savage LS650
StromBoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #3311
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,256
Well George and I lived through Ride OR Die 3 down in Terre Haute, Indiana this weekend. 21 DS riders! Like herding cats for the event folks Go on the Indiana Ride or Die 3 thread to see the covered bridge country. The roads down there are great but are even better in the Hoosier Natl Forest down by Bedford where we rode Saturday. 232 miles of sheer bliss with new (and some old) friends.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #3312
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Well George and I lived through Ride OR Die 3 down in Terre Haute, Indiana this weekend. 21 DS riders! Like herding cats for the event folks Go on the Indiana Ride or Die 3 thread to see the covered bridge country. The roads down there are great but are even better in the Hoosier Natl Forest down by Bedford where we rode Saturday. 232 miles of sheer bliss with new (and some old) friends.
What bike did you take down there? Were the roads a mix of two tracks, gravel and paved? Sounds very interesting.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #3313
dsport_freak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geepn View Post
Did an adventure ride loop with Great lakes Dual Sport yesterday up in Newago / Oceana county. Seasonal roads, gravel roads, two tracks, and some pavement. 160+ miles. Made for a long day, but a good ride. I have the route on map and roll chart.
The roads were really sloppy but lots of fun. Nearly got run down by deer and turkey.
Are the mileage amounts for pavement, gravel, 2 tracks, etc. written on the bottom of the roll chart? I'm curious to see whether or not I should try the route w/ my R1200GS sometime.
dsport_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #3314
SmashingPumpkins
Dinah-Mo-Humm

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsport_freak View Post
Are the mileage amounts for pavement, gravel, 2 tracks, etc. written on the bottom of the roll chart? I'm curious to see whether or not I should try the route w/ my R1200GS sometime.
Yeah that stuff is on there Mike. About 5 miles of 2T on one loop and 1.5 on the other.

14 300xcw, 08 Z06, 03 525exc
SmashingPumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #3315
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
What bike did you take down there? Were the roads a mix of two tracks, gravel and paved? Sounds very interesting.
Well I rode the Dizzer of course but a DR650 would work fine ORGT. Mostly a lot of really beautiful solid clay roads that really go up and down in the HNF at Bedford. Not quite as hilly in Parke Co. but still twisty X2 to anything around here. We got into flood plains trails (2 tracks) that ran along the White, Sugar and Wabash rivers. Those guys thought that that stuff was tough going. Some easy sand ,mud and small logs. Probably keep a DR650 out of there without great tires though. There were 6 KLRs in the group and everyone lived to tell about it. I rode 2 days.... Some of those IN 35 yr olds quit at noon. Like always the older guys with just average bikes were the ones who could really ride. I wowed them when i drank a PBR and ate a jelly-roll for breakfast! Their coffee was lousy. They thought I was a viking GOD from up North like ODIN. It was a blast. Those guys do drink pretty well though:1 drink. They did not like to hear that I thought their sand was really EASY. You have got to come with me next year. You buy the OR tires and I will put them on for you. You would have a blast.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote