User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #91
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,383
Hey!

Back to work in my friggin cubicle today...

I assume the Ohio peeps are back home by now, and Ferrell too. Great trip ya'aaalll.

Hey Drone that buggy had Oregon plates so you may run across it someday. Most people living here from the US just register them locally I think.

I'll go thru my pics and Mikey it will hurt a LOT more when you see the roads we were on and the views ...

Shari, I'm glad the rider is stateside and perhaps I should not have posted anything at all on the accident, I debated it believe me (if someone has comments please PM me directly on this). Anyhow you rock and I wished I had perhaps stayed one day there but was hot to trot off into the dirt...

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #92
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,553
Just got home an hour ago. Finally had to pull into the pits in Indianapolis and change a pully and belt on the BWF. Didn't really fix the mystery belt squeel, but we made it home.

On a sad note, somewhere east of Amarillo we seem to have lost our camera! We have some pics on our phones but there was a lot of good stuff on the Fuji. We haven't given up hope on tracking it down but it doesn't look good.
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #93
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Very bittersweet home coming. I went to Chardon High School, and we live just a few miles away. Unbelievable what is going on.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #94
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,292
Welcome back guys and girls!
DRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #95
FatherX
Java Man

Oddometer: 4,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
Just got home an hour ago. Finally had to pull into the pits in Indianapolis and change a pully and belt on the BWF. Didn't really fix the mystery belt squeel, but we made it home.

On a sad note, somewhere east of Amarillo we seem to have lost our camera! We have some pics on our phones but there was a lot of good stuff on the Fuji. We haven't given up hope on tracking it down but it doesn't look good.

lost camera = sucky

glad ya made it back in one piece...minus one piece...er...um.....welcome home.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #96
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Wow muddy what happened to your camera? Did you put it up for collateral for a 48 oz t-bone steak dinner you would win for free if you finished? I have a lot of pics but of course yours are different and special to you. Sorry to hear about that and the situation in OH of course. Glad you guys made it home in the big white beast safely.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #97
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

THANKS Cordless !!!

On behalf of the 4 of us, we want to SEVERELY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY give some major thanks to Cordless for all his hospitality in Albaquirky at his cool place.

YOU ROCK Cordless, another testament to the amazing ADV world we have built here.

Thanks again!

Old 02-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #98
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

I now have all the details on the injured rider, just spoke on the phone with one of the members of the group. The rider is going to make it! I will post more later.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #99
farrell caesar
Seezer

Oddometer: 381
the baja

Yes. I'm home. Still catching up on my sleep. Great to have my first baja experience and thanks to all for helping with the trip. Just reading RR of canadians with the big blue bus. Glad I did not take some of the bad trails by myself. How was that steak, Matt and Meredith?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #100
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Oh yes, Farrel covered the bill on dinner at the Big Texan! Thanks for that, put the left overs under the broiler for dinner when we got home, super yummy!

So it turnes out one of the riders from that group of 8riders that had a guy crash and we ate their dinners lives right by me here in Middlefield Ohio! Can you believe it? His group made the t shirts we all got at Coco's and I noticed his company logo on them, Molton Metal Equipment Innovations.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #101
pceire32
Irish

Oddometer: 563
San Ignacio Mx

Glad too see all are both back safe and sound. I met you both in San Ignacio an old Irish guy on his own on a yellow 2006 R1200GS. We were on the same whale watching boat. Amazing to scratch a whale on the back. Watched you eating tripe tacos in the town square, just as amazing as the whales ! I also met the Irish guy Sean Dillion South of Mulage that you met riding a 50cc Honda Moped from Alaska to Argentinia I just got back yesterday, rode on down to La Paz caught a ferry to Mazatlan and rode to Los Angeles CA from there. Great trip 2500 miles not bad for an old guy 72 yrs old in April 2012.
Good meeting you all !
Keep the rubber side down !

Paul C
pceire32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #102
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Quote:
Originally Posted by pceire32 View Post
Glad too see all are both back safe and sound. I met you both in San Ignacio an old Irish guy on his own on a yellow 2006 R1200GS. We were on the same whale watching boat. Amazing to scratch a whale on the back. Watched you eating tripe tacos in the town square, just as amazing as the whales ! I also met the Irish guy Sean Dillion South of Mulage that you met riding a 50cc Honda Moped from Alaska to Argentinia I just got back yesterday, rode on down to La Paz caught a ferry to Mazatlan and rode to Los Angeles CA from there. Great trip 2500 miles not bad for an old guy 72 yrs old in April 2012.
Good meeting you all !
Keep the rubber side down !

Paul C
Awesome! Of course we remember you. You had quite a trip man!

Yeah I ran into Sean at Mulege, what a trip he is on: http://hondavstheworld.com/

Old 06-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #103
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Link to a full ride report, pics, map, gpx tracks

Hi Everyone!

I finally took the time to sort through all my pictures and data and I put it all up at my personal website at:

Link to 2012 Baja Trip

There you will see I divided the trip into 7 sections. Each section contains pictures and descriptions of that leg of the trip.

Using my Spot device I tracked GPS locations and fed it to SpotWalla.com to create a custom SpotWalla map you will see on the above page. I tried to make this more interesting to people planning a trip to the Baja, so on the SpotWalla GPS map you will see a few icons of a camera and if you click on them you will see a picture at that location. Especially nice when it shows what the road conditions look like. Sweet!

In addition I made GPX tracks files from my Garmin 60CSx GPS and each of the 7 trip sections above will tell you which GPX tracks files apply to that section. To actually download the GPX tracks files go to
GpsXchange.com under Baja (look for snooker), where they are numbered in order. Note: their policy is you must first signup and also upload 1 track log to be able to download others's tracks.

So you can either just quickly look at the map and click on a few pictures, or for more detail go into each of the 7 sections for pictures and descriptions.

Now, just to give you an idea, here are just a few pics of different sections of the trip:

From start in San Felipe, south to Coco's Corner

2. From Coco's Corner south down Hwy 1 to Loreto

3. From Loreto north to beach just south of Mulege, including a day trip west of Mulege into the mountains

4. From Mulege to San Ignacio, including whale watching at Laguna San Ignacio

5. From San Ignacio to Bahia Asuncion to San Francisquito

6. From San Francisquito to Bahia de Los Angeles, including a side trip to indian pictographs (cave paintings)

From Bahia de Los Angeles to Coco's and San Felipe