Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,499
Around the World in 800 Days

I have been dreaming of this trip for the past 20 years, actively planning this trip for the past 6 months and now the first part of my adventure begins this Friday.
Hi.........my name is Ed, and welcome to my blog.
On Friday, my girl friend and I are leaving for Cabo San Lucas for a 9 day trip from Southern California. I guide off road tours for Chris Haines Adventure Company so I know Baja like the back of my hand.
In July, I am planning to leave from home and head up to Alaska. I want to dip my feet in to the Arctic Ocean among other things. I will be gone for a month or so. This trip will be shake down trip for what I have planned in October.
In the middle of October, I will start heading south through mainland Mexico, Central America, and South America. I want to reach the tip of the continent and then ship my bike to Europe so I can travel through Europe in the Summer/Fall of 2013. From there, I will go through the Middle East and if I survive, head down thru Africa in 2014.

I want to do a lot of hiking, kayaking and other adventurous activities. If you have any suggestions for my the Alaska part of my trip, I would love to hear from you

Ed