User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #16
hhenrie
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Fayette Co.

I work for T-DOT and Fayette Co is one of my counties. Will really try to ride that route looks like fun.
hhenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #17
8trackmind OP
Housebroken Jackalope

Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhenrie View Post
I work for T-DOT and Fayette Co is one of my counties. Will really try to ride that route looks like fun.
Don't know if you run a GPS or not, but here's a link to my GPX file for that route.
8trackmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:10 AM   #18
bobw
Harden the phuck up

Oddometer: 877
Great report(s) and photos. I enjoy my long trips, but most of my riding is 1-3 day runs like you are sharing. So many great places to explore all over our little corner of the Country, it never gets old.

Cheers
bobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:33 AM   #19
8trackmind OP
Housebroken Jackalope

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw View Post
Great report(s) and photos. I enjoy my long trips, but most of my riding is 1-3 day runs like you are sharing. So many great places to explore all over our little corner of the Country, it never gets old.

Cheers
Why thank you. Frequent weekend trips help me maintain (what's left of) my sanity.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #20
FJracer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by espacef1fan View Post
I live in Clarksville, TN.

I've ridden 232 once, it was AWESOME!( compared the the crap roads immediate to Clarksville..the paved ones anyways...)

You need to follow me ONE TIME thru Montgomery Co. You will have a new perspective.........and hundreds of miles of great roads to ride! Just between 149 and 13 there's Palmyra(Rd), Shiloh-Canaan, Tarsus, Buck Smith, Budd's Creek, and about 22 others that I can't rattle off the name but know the twists are gnarly. How 'bout Slaydenwood, Woods Hollow, Stone Hollow, Soules Chapel? If you can't live on the edge of a tire there I'd suggest a Closed Road Course Track.
Just sayin' get a Map or get out and actually RIDE some of these areas before giving others the impression you know what's out there. I live 4 Counties from 232 and I ride it 2-3 times a year.

FJracer screwed with this post 06-21-2012 at 08:09 AM
FJracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #21
FJracer
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8trackmind View Post
I feel ya on the local road situation. We are on the wrong end of the state.

Recommend you explore just across the TN River(from you) sometime. 438, 128, 228, 13(south of Linden), Clifton Turnpike(out of Waynesboro) and again, hundreds of great roads between 128 and the Tenn. River.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #22
8trackmind OP
Housebroken Jackalope

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJracer View Post
Recommend you explore just across the TN River(from you) sometime. 438, 128, 228, 13(south of Linden), Clifton Turnpike(out of Waynesboro) and again, hundreds of great roads between 128 and the Tenn. River.
Been on a few of those roads and you're absolutely right, they are good. No complaints with middle Tennessee. My whining was directed towards the county's near where I live (Extreme west TN) and was not intended to broad brush everything west of I65. You have to admit, those folks on the far east end of the state are truly spoiled though.

I hate to be completely lazy, but do you have any personal favorite routes in your neck of the 'hood you could share? Maybe PM me, or post here?
While I have done some exploring out there, I might have ridden by something even better and not even known it. (Thanks in advance )

8trackmind screwed with this post 06-21-2012 at 09:23 AM
Old 06-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
FJracer
Adventurer

Quote:
Been on a few of those roads and you're absolutely right, they are good. No complaints with middle Tennessee. My whining was directed towards the county's near where I live (Extreme west TN) and was not intended to broad brush everything west of I65. You have to admit, those folks on the far east end of the state are truly spoiled though.

I hate to be completely lazy, but do you have any personal favorite routes in your neck of the 'hood you could share? Maybe PM me, or post here?
While I have done some exploring out there, I might have ridden by something even better and not even known it. (Thanks in advance )
I'd be happy to recommend some of my favs. Memory for names is fading so I'll have to rely on a map in some cases.
And yes, I understood where you where coming from being in the Memphis area. I've taken a few cruises that way and interesting scenery and POI can be spread quite a distance. I'm sure you are familiar with the Wolf River. South outta Moscow is some interesting little detour. And there's picturesque Woodlawn near Lagrange. I'll work up a route around the TN River and post later. I'm packing right now for a NC trip tomorrow morning.
Your initial Post intrigued me because I've never been to Lauderdale Co. All other Counties west of I-65 but not that one. Is there much to see there, or just visit Fort Pillow?
Old 06-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #24
espacef1fan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
Quote:
You need to follow me ONE TIME thru Montgomery Co. You will have a new perspective.........and hundreds of miles of great roads to ride! Just between 149 and 13 there's Palmyra(Rd), Shiloh-Canaan, Tarsus, Buck Smith, Budd's Creek, and about 22 others that I can't rattle off the name but know the twists are gnarly. How 'bout Slaydenwood, Woods Hollow, Stone Hollow, Soules Chapel? If you can't live on the edge of a tire there I'd suggest a Closed Road Course Track.
Just sayin' get a Map or get out and actually RIDE some of these areas before giving others the impression you know what's out there. I live 4 Counties from 232 and I ride it 2-3 times a year.

There are good roads, HOWEVER I have also noticed what makes them different than 232 is they have lots of driveways, dirty roads, and intersections, that means its alot less fun...also more houses, I dont like being the asshat ripping past someones house...232 is lots of forest..with small patches of houses.(which I slow down for)

That said, I will look some of those roads up, though..they are close enough to check out this weekend in less than 2 -3 hours

Also, about the track thing, I wish they would open Nashville back up... right now you have to go 3+ hours to get to a motorcycle track:(
espacef1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #25
8trackmind OP
Housebroken Jackalope

Quote:
I'd be happy to recommend some of my favs. Memory for names is fading so I'll have to rely on a map in some cases.
And yes, I understood where you where coming from being in the Memphis area. I've taken a few cruises that way and interesting scenery and POI can be spread quite a distance. I'm sure you are familiar with the Wolf River. South outta Moscow is some interesting little detour. And there's picturesque Woodlawn near Lagrange. I'll work up a route around the TN River and post later. I'm packing right now for a NC trip tomorrow morning.
Your initial Post intrigued me because I've never been to Lauderdale Co. All other Counties west of I-65 but not that one. Is there much to see there, or just visit Fort Pillow?
While doing some digging I found this...which graphicly shows where NOT to ride in Tennessee.
Yeah, I've done most of the close stuff to death...However, many of my photos came from the areas I complain about so...

Well, if you are already near there for some reason it may be worth it I suppose...but I wouldn't plan a weekend around it. The Tomatos from that area are awesome though.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #26
FJracer
Adventurer

Quote:
There are good roads, HOWEVER I have also noticed what makes them different than 232 is they have lots of driveways, dirty roads, and intersections, that means its alot less fun...also more houses, I dont like being the asshat ripping past someones house...232 is lots of forest..with small patches of houses.(which I slow down for)

That said, I will look some of those roads up, though..they are close enough to check out this weekend in less than 2 -3 hours

Also, about the track thing, I wish they would open Nashville back up... right now you have to go 3+ hours to get to a motorcycle track:(
I ride a LOT of counties and Montgomery stacks up as one of the cleanest, best paved, and widest in at least the Mid-State. But admittedly not everyone is cut out for rockin'-and-rollin' on public roads. But when I'm out there the "traffic" is virtually non-existent. And NOT that many houses either!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #27
FJracer
Adventurer

Laugh

Quote:
While doing some digging I found this...which graphicly shows where NOT to ride in Tennessee.
Yeah, I've done most of the close stuff to death...However, many of my photos came from the areas I complain about so...

Well, if you are already near there for some reason it may be worth it I suppose...but I wouldn't plan a weekend around it. The Tomatos from that area are awesome though.
That's what I suspected.
You know you have one advantage over the East Tenneseans; You're just 2-3 hours from central Ark.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #28
8trackmind OP
Housebroken Jackalope

Quote:
That's what I suspected.
You know you have one advantage over the East Tenneseans; You're just 2-3 hours from central Ark.
You know what, I didn't want to say that and insult my TN brothers, but you're right... On top of that, the roads are damn near deserted.
I just stop in the middle of the road and watch my mirrors while shooting photos.

I might be wrong, but...Seems to be less drunken pickup truck drivers on your side of the road in those parts.

8trackmind screwed with this post 06-21-2012 at 06:02 PM
Old 06-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #29
espacef1fan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
Quote:
I ride a LOT of counties and Montgomery stacks up as one of the cleanest, best paved, and widest in at least the Mid-State. But admittedly not everyone is cut out for rockin'-and-rollin' on public roads. But when I'm out there the "traffic" is virtually non-existent. And NOT that many houses either!
Yeah I dont like traffic, people, or driveways when Im playing hard, while just wandering around enjoying a nice ride, I'lkl agree I do have some really nice riding roads near me.

In any case Im gonna hit the sack, the wife and I are going to go check out some of these roads you drew my attention to(o On seperate bikes!!!)
espacef1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #30
8trackmind OP
Housebroken Jackalope

Quote:

In any case Im gonna hit the sack, the wife and I are going to go check out some of these roads you drew my attention to(o On seperate bikes!!!)
Now you're just showing off with the "separate bike" thing.

Hey, check back in an let us know what you found. I'm interested in exploring more of your area.