Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #16
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

Oddometer: 782
The current order is off to the airport to be shipped. Hopefully on the plane shortly.

The crate of Rumbux bars went to the shipping agent on Monday.

No waybill yet, but things are moving and the bars should be in Vegas by next Monday if things go to plan. Won't know when they clear customs until the agent pings me, but hope to get them re-packed and shipped out to peeps next week, early if possible.

I am taking orders for the next shipment, so if you're thinking about ordering, now is the time to do it. Approximately one month out on delivery for the order developing now.
Dirty bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #17
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

For those interested, the next order has been placed with Rumbux. At this point, you can still add your order to it, but that window will close soon. Hopefully by Monday afternoon when I hope to send the wire transfer for this order.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

Update - The order in shipment was pulled off the plane in London for inspection. Not exactly sure what happened, but I surmise that by the time they cleared it, the plane was long gone. Virgin Atlantic then is truck freighting it to Gatwick?? where it goes back on a plane bound for Las Vegas. I had hoped this would arrive in LV last night as scheduled, so drove down there this morning to pick the bars up. Sadly, nothing there and a wasted $100 in gas as well. I was really hoping to get these re-packed and shipped out to customers today.

Unfortunately, it's going to be next week now before I can get the bars. Apologies to everyone waiting. I know this sucks.

The second order has been paid for via wire transfer and is being built. I have one Full set of bars in this order not spoken for and two sets of light brackets.

EricV
Old 06-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #19
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

Just got an update from Virgin Atlantic - The shipment is now due to arrive in Las Vegas on Sat the 23rd. That's service, I tell ya. More when I know it.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #20
CANNONMAN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
I would like the skid plate. Did you happen to order any extra? Not to crazy about the upper bars, but really like the looks of the skid plate. Let me know if you have any extra skid plates and I will get a card # to you. Thanks, Mark
CANNONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #21
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNONMAN View Post
I would like the skid plate. Did you happen to order any extra? Not to crazy about the upper bars, but really like the looks of the skid plate. Let me know if you have any extra skid plates and I will get a card # to you. Thanks, Mark
I don't, but can likely add another skid plate to the order being built now. I'm gone playing for the weekend but give me a call on Monday after 3pm and I'll take your CC info and add a skid plate to the order in build.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #22
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,709
any word on which other upper bars work with the lowers?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #23
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty bike View Post
That's why I love questions! It brings up things that help everyone and if one person is asking, others are going to think about it too.

If enough interest is there, I can order the lower units w/o the forward tabs used to mount the upper bars. This is not a huge deal to have deleted. Cost should be the same.

Eric V.
sure looks like those lower unit forward mount tabs might also used for some hiway pegs or lights if left on.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #24
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
sure looks like those lower unit forward mount tabs might also used for some hiway pegs or lights if left on.
what was decided on the mounting tabs was to leave them in place and plug them, so owners could use them for farkles, or update to the full set at a later date. I suspect that the forward tabs are too far forward for footpeg use.

The Rumbux lower bars/skid plate unit should work with most any upper bars. They will come with spacers too and can be used alone if desired.

It still remains to be seen what, if any mods, if any will be needed with a mixed set of Rumbux & other upper bars. I'm excited to see how that combination works/fits.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #25
CANNONMAN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Need your number and I will call Monday. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty bike View Post
I don't, but can likely add another skid plate to the order being built now. I'm gone playing for the weekend but give me a call on Monday after 3pm and I'll take your CC info and add a skid plate to the order in build.
CANNONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #26
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNONMAN View Post
Need your number and I will call Monday. Thanks
435-817-0809 I should be home by 3-4pm on Monday.

Also in the first post.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #27
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

Update - I picked up the current order from Las Vegas today. They will get shipped out to customers tomorrow.

Bonus news, the next order has gone to the shipper and was scheduled to fly out of SA late tonight, heading for London. Hopefully it won't be delayed this time!

At this point, I'm taking orders for the next batch.

Tomorrow I will hopefully also be getting some brake line kits made up for the two line, no cross over kits.

Thanks for your patience everyone!
Old 07-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #28
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

At this point all of the bars from the last order have been shipped out to their waiting buyers. Thanks very much for your orders and please post up pics. The prior order individuals should be receiving their bars, save the one AK order that I screwed up and shipped via the wrong method. That's been sorted too.

I now have three orders for the next batch. One more and I can initiate the build and get things rolling. A couple of points here. I was really hoping this would smooth out to a 3 week process, but that's not been the real world experience. Just too many variables in play that I can't control. Rumbux is awesome about jumping in and building bars when they receive my order, frankly before they even get the funds, which I did not expect. But everything from the wire transfers to customs in England can delay the process. Customs in Las Vegas is closed on Thursdays, for example! And last week they moved on Monday to a new building and didn't have phones until Wed. You can't make this shit up!

Anyway, a more realistic time frame is 4-6 weeks from when the order is placed. No one is happy about that, but I want to be up front with everyone about this.

The second topic is price. Shipping is sucking me dry. I'm learning and changing things as I can to reduce that, but I have to raise the prices on the Lower only and oem Upper bars by $25 to make it worth while. The full sets will remain the same. It's the smaller boxes that have proven to be more expensive to ship than I realized.

So, pricing as follows:

Full set of three pieces, lower bash frame w/skid plate and upper frame - $750 with free shipping (no change)

Lower only crash bars w/skid pate - $450 with free shipping

OEM add on bars that replace the upper hoop and add side protection - $325

Light brackets - $45 if ordered alone, $40 if ordered with bars.

Thanks and please ask any questions you may have.

Eric
Old 07-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #29
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

I still need one more order to initiate the next build out from Rumbux. C'mon, you know you want them.

FYI- For all the Rumbux guys, Sallydog on the Super Tenere forum, (here too?), did a bulk order on some heavy duty clip nuts for the skid plate. If you would prefer to just use one wrench to remove the bolts to do oil changes, etc. this is a nice way to go. These are not your average clip nuts, much beefier. No affiliation with his deal, just passing the info on to the inmates here. Do a search on 'Rumbux' or posts by 'Sallydog' and you will find it on the Super Tenere forum, or possibly here on ADV as well.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #30
Cykel
I'm Adventurer?

Oddometer: 286
I've got a green light to fill out your order!

PMing ya.
Cykel is offline   Reply With Quote