User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #406
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,736
Sale Announcement!

Over the past few weeks we've received many requests to build more IICE Airs, as well as many requests from foreign ADVriders.

Due to that popular demand we'll be doing another 30-piece sale, but with a twist.

The difference is, the build will begin after 30 pieces are pre-ordered. The sale period shouldn't take too long, but will take at least a little bit of time.

The purpose for doing the sale that way is to put a little break in there so JJ and I can work on transitioning to the upcoming 'Cool' and 'Smooth' devices.

Yes, the Cool and Smooth products are moving forward, and I sure want to get going on that. But the popularity for the IICE Air is high enough that I don't want to leave too many people behind as we transition to the new products! This seemed like a good compromise.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #407
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Over the past few weeks we've received many requests to build more IICE Airs, as well as many requests from foreign ADVriders.

Due to that popular demand we'll be doing another 30-piece sale, but with a twist.

The difference is, the build will begin after 30 pieces are pre-ordered. The sale period shouldn't take too long, but will take at least a little bit of time.

The purpose for doing the sale that way is to put a little break in there so JJ and I can work on transitioning to the upcoming 'Cool' and 'Smooth' devices.

Yes, the Cool and Smooth products are moving forward, and I sure want to get going on that. But the popularity for the IICE Air is high enough that I don't want to leave too many people behind as we transition to the new products! This seemed like a good compromise.

Got my order in ..thanks for the PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #408
bobhawkins
Hawk I

Oddometer: 9
Is the shipped items post current?

Just wondering if mine is in the mail.
Thanks, Bob

~Albert Einstein
bobhawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #409
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,117
Thumb Bob, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhawkins View Post
Just wondering if mine is in the mail.
Thanks, Bob
Bob thanks again...they sent me your IICE Air...works great!

Don't stroke out...just kiddin'
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #410
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,259
Quote:

I think a good compromise would be to make all of them simultaneously. At least the Air and Cool, since those were the first that were "sold" as a "matched set" of enhancements.

Hell, at this rate, I'll have either worn the bike out, sold it, or died before the second piece of the set is even in production and that's not even counting the looong lead time from order to delivery.
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #411
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

I think a good compromise would be to make all of them simultaneously. At least the Air and Cool, since those were the first that were "sold" as a "matched set" of enhancements.
Obviously I get that, Randy. If you've been following the GSpot thread for any length of time you know you're not the first person to make those comments.

If it were possible to do what you suggest, I sure would. Maybe at some point it will be.

In the meantime, here are some pics of an IICE Air build from start to finish.

Build Process - Start to Finish - Group 1 Pics
Build Process - Start to Finish - Group 2 Pics

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 06-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #412
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Obviously I get that, Randy. If you've been following the GSpot thread for any length of time you know you're not the first person to make those comments.

If it were possible to do what you suggest, I sure would. Maybe at some point it will be.

In the meantime, here are some pics of an IICE Air build from start to finish.

Build Process - Start to Finish - Group 1 Pics
Build Process - Start to Finish - Group 2 Pics

Well, to be perfectly honest, since I read the original info about the product and decided to buy in, I tend to just skip over all the dribble and only occasionally scan over the last few posts to see if anything's changed about the production schedule for ICEE part Deux. So, while I have been following this thread since it's inception, I haven't really been following it, if you know what I mean.

With that said...

Of course the logical part of my mind tells me that my idea was neither novel nor new, but as usual I just speak my mind when a thought occurs.

I do understand that you are making these yourself, in your spare time, by hand in your garage, and that you've refused the suggestion of helping the poor underprivileged young children in southeast Asia buy giving them gainful employment to feed their families, while also speeding production of the ICEE product line, but still.... Over a year between the delivery of part A and part B of what is essentially a two part system. Not exactly an ideal business marketing plan IMO.

Be careful of the tendency for the marketing of a product to supersede the actual delivery of the product. Us Americans are, sadly enough, a culture of immediate gratification. We are easy to fire up and get us excited about a new "toy" but if that "toy" isn't in our hands while the fire is still hot, we're just as quick to move on to something else... Us motorcyclists in particular tend to be a fickle bunch...

Just sayin'...
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy

Randy screwed with this post 06-28-2012 at 11:42 AM
Old 06-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #413
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,375
Did you say Marketing?

HMmmmmmm?

YES!

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #414
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

I do understand that you are making these yourself, in your spare time, by hand in your garage, and that you've refused the suggestion of helping the poor underprivileged young children in southeast Asia buy giving them gainful employment to feed their families, while also speeding production of the ICEE product line, but still.... Over a year between the delivery of part A and part B of what is essentially a two part system. Not exactly an ideal business marketing plan IMO.

Be careful of the tendency for the marketing of a product to supersede the actual delivery of the product. Us Americans are, sadly enough, a culture of immediate gratification. We are easy to fire up and get us excited about a new "toy" but if that "toy" isn't in our hands while the fire is still hot, we're just as quick to move on to something else... Us motorcyclists in particular tend to be a fickle bunch...

Just sayin'...
Sound comments Randy, thanks for taking the time. I go along with most of what you're saying, and I pretty much see it the same way.

To paraphrase your post, I agree, the only thing 'ideal' about this is the product itself.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #415
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Sound comments Randy, thanks for taking the time. I go along with most of what you're saying, and I pretty much see it the same way.

To paraphrase your post, I agree, the only thing 'ideal' about this is the product itself.

Ok, so we have marketing handled. Design and Engineering, as well as Prototyping and Testing depts. are fully staffed. The Public Relations dept. is obviously up to speed and skillfully handling the issues facing the company. Now if we could just get the slackers in Production to actually put down the coffee and Kit Kat bars long enough to follow through and match Marketing's and PR's lofty goals, we'd be humming right along...

Old 06-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #416
stankenpankens
Sushi Mofongo

Oddometer: 65
Order in....

Look forward to riding the GS and not having it feel like
stankenpankens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:24 AM   #417
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:

Ok, so we have marketing handled. Design and Engineering, as well as Prototyping and Testing depts. are fully staffed. The Public Relations dept. is obviously up to speed and skillfully handling the issues facing the company. Now if we could just get the slackers in Production to actually put down the coffee and Kit Kat bars long enough to follow through and match Marketing's and PR's lofty goals, we'd be humming right along...

Ahh... well... errr... Wait a minute, I got it. This is the part in the story where Captain Marketing swoops in a saves me right?

Old 06-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #418
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,375
Oh man what a setup

YES!

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #419
Tessitori
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quick question for those who have installed this on a 650 single; have you modified the air intake to allow for more air?
Old 07-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #420
super8mm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Got my order in
super8mm is offline   Reply With Quote