Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #2956
Happy Wanderer
Day Dreaming.. .

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codewheeney View Post
A question for the far future: I have an Air on my 1150, and I like it. I *may* be buying a new 1200 GS this year, and plan to probably keep both bikes. If I don't buy a second air for the new bike right now (in your current pre-order based sale) will I be out of luck forever, or will you go back to making all the devices next year, after the Cool is finished?

Oh yeah, and when can I order my cool?

JC
Interesting that the reason people buy the newer 1200GS bikes is because they don't have surging issues, they don't have the snatchy throttle issues nor do they have roll on and roll off throttle issues that the 1150 and 1100 models are so notorious for. With the new controllers and dual O2 sensors, independant cylinder management and even anti knock sensors I have to wonder why you think you need an air temp spoofer for such a machine? This is fixing a problem that IMO, does not exist.

Have you ridden a 1200 yet? Or just feel a need to join the cult?
Old 06-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #2957
Codewheeney
Hoopy Frood

Oddometer: 2,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer View Post
Interesting that the reason people buy the newer 1200GS bikes is because they don't have surging issues, they don't have the snatchy throttle issues nor do they have roll on and roll off throttle issues that the 1150 and 1100 models are so notorious for. With the new controllers and dual O2 sensors, independant cylinder management and even anti knock sensors I have to wonder why you think you need an air temp spoofer for such a machine? This is fixing a problem that IMO, does not exist.

I've ridden a few 1200s, yes, and recently rode the 2012, and definitely fell in lust. That being said, my 1150 (120K miles on it) never really had a surging issue. I find the ICE Air has made the bike peppier and more responsive, and can imagine that adding that to the 1200. I wouldn't add it to the 1200 until I got some time on it. Since I want to ride the (as yet unpurchased) 1200 for a while, I was just wondering if I could buy an Air later, or should buy one now. (If I do get the 1200, I still plan to keep the 1150)

JC

Plays in traffic.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #2958
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,045
JC. Buy now. They make great stocking stuffers. ;)
Old 06-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #2959
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Oddometer: 911
Somebody tell me more about this cult.

Do we get to wear matching sweatsuits?

Are there dues?

Do we have to shave our heads?

Do we get to hang out with John Travolta and Tom Cruise?

What's the cult's position on free love?

Look, you can't just casually drop the "cult" thing and not explain it. That's just rude.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #2960
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,223
This is a job for

MARKETING MAN!

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!

and especially

YES!

JJ
Old 06-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #2961
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,011
Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
Somebody tell me more about this cult.

Do we get to wear matching sweatsuits?

Are there dues?

Do we have to shave our heads?

What's the cult's position on free love?

Yes to all the above..IF you have purchased your IICE Air so that PS can get beyond them on to the Cool

Ps.."What's the cult's position on free love?" Position does not matter as long as it is free...
Old 06-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #2962
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Oddometer: 911
Well then, I'm glad my order's in.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #2963
TrollGSA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
I brought the Coolaide

Old 06-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #2964
Codewheeney
Hoopy Frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
Quote:
YES!
To hell with Cruise, riding a GS is enough of a sausage fest already. Ship mine with the optional Katie Holmes, and you gots yourself a deal.

JC

Plays in traffic.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #2965
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Wink Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer View Post

Back at you..."Have you ridden a 1200 yet?"...of course the transition throttle is 'snatchy' and try running smoothly with subtle throttle inputs in first gear at walking speeds...up a steep dirt trail...perhaps the 1150/1100s were worse, I have no point of reference for I have not ridden them..but my '07 GSA has a crappy slow speed throttle response...and guess what...the IICE Air and BP both smoothed a lot of that out...no pitching you over the bars when dancing off road in first gear...much, much smoother throttle and power roll on..

But hey, I could be wrong..
Old 06-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #2966
Codewheeney
Hoopy Frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
Back at you..."Have you ridden a 1200 yet?"...of course the transition throttle is 'snatchy' and try running smoothly with subtle throttle inputs in first gear at walking speeds...up a steep dirt trail...perhaps the 1150/1100s were worse, I have no point of reference for I have not ridden them..but my '07 GSA has a crappy slow speed throttle response...and guess what...the IICE Air and BP both smoothed a lot of that out...no pitching you over the bars when dancing off road in first gear...much, much smoother throttle and power roll on..

But hey, I could be wrong..
I gotta say, my 1150, even without the Air, has pretty smooth slow speed throttle response. Perhaps it's the weight, but I don't have a problem with slow speed control. Taking Jim Hyde's course seemed to help (especially the exercise where you walk the running bike around the paddock with just the clutch, walking next to the bike on the left side, right hand on the saddle), but i don't find the throttle response jerky on my bike. I haven't ridden a 1200 off road yet.

Reading all the technical posts, the air shouldn't really make too much, if any, difference on throttle tip in, it's only for leading throttle. Which, again, makes me say: Where's my Cool, damnit!?!?

JC

Plays in traffic.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #2967
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Understood..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codewheeney View Post
I gotta say, my 1150, even without the Air, has pretty smooth slow speed throttle response. Perhaps it's the weight, but I don't have a problem with slow speed control. Taking Jim Hyde's course seemed to help (especially the exercise where you walk the running bike around the paddock with just the clutch, walking next to the bike on the left side, right hand on the saddle), but i don't find the throttle response jerky on my bike. I haven't ridden a 1200 off road yet.

Reading all the technical posts, the air shouldn't really make too much, if any, difference on throttle tip in, it's only for leading throttle. Which, again, makes me say: Where's my Cool, damnit!?!?

JC
I do understand the use of the rear brake and clutch to control slow movement on the bike...but off road over rough terrain I find it very difficult to smoothly modulate the rear brake [peddle location and lack of feel] and mostly refuse to slip the clutch since dry clutch's do not appreciate being slipped...much better for a dry clutch to be all in or all out...on pavement that is easier to accomplish...off road, particularly over irregular surfaces and up or downhill having a smooth throttle response [not just on tip in or out] can make all the difference for me and saves my clutch. The BP did a lot to help and now the IICE Air is also....really, really looking forward to the Cool and the Smooth!!!!

But, hey I ain't no expert and I could be wrong!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:44 AM   #2968
DiamondLie
Banned

Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
JC. Buy now. They make great stocking stuffers. ;)
Yep, and if you send Poolside and his trusty marketing sidekick your hard earned money RIGHT THIS INSTANT you might actually have yours by x-mas. Not exactly a track record of speedy delivery from what I have observed from watching from the sidelines (which is where I will be staying since I don't have enough of the stuff just laying around to hand my cash over to someone who will ship what I bought when he gets around to it...ie-months from the purchase date.) Let the buyer beware.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:06 AM   #2969
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,701

Good thing you mentioned that DiamondLie. I don't think anyone had noticed. 

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 07-02-2012, 03:33 AM   #2970
chip77
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
ARRRGH All you Fuxxers need to get out and ride HARD more ..No surge no IICE just pure fun twisting the throttle and enjoing what the thing can do as it is.I personally love that little wheelie thing between 2nd and 3rd into 4th at 8grand ...Smile everytime c
Closed Thread