Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #196
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
would love to see those pics...but I suspect as with any gear, especially a one piece that isn't waterproof on the outside, this will be the achilles heel of the otherwise great looking suit.

Just thinking of the contortions I have to twist my body into to try and get into or out of a waterproof liner is painful, especially after wearing it for a while and getting damp and clammy, with moisture building up on the inside since rain liners tend to not breathe whatsoever and cling to whatever you're wearing underneath.
I was hoping to be proven wrong with some great innovative idea since the rest of the suit looks fantastic-but I guess there's no pics after all, leaving me to think it's just another plastic rain suit like the rest of them.

In which case, I'll most definitely stick to what I've found to work best for me-rainproof goretex layer on the outside, roomy enough to wear as an overpant/jacket with lots of vents so it's still perfectly useably during summer even if I sacrifice the sexy looks, I'd rather be protected well and functional (including easy bathroom access which is not easy when having to peel off a sticky, clingy rain liner).

Too bad, this had promise. I'll stick to my current gear. It was pricey too (but so is the Teiz suit, so that's a break even), but it breathes, has super armor and is good year around.

Never hurts to keep an eye open for new and improved gear, but without a waterproof outer layer or some great new revelation about this liner (which still leaves the issue of being super cold and heavy when the outer layer gets soaked with rain), I'd rather sacrifice form for function. JMHO

Though we provide liners, we outrightly recommend that you wear a rain gear over your suit. So you can wear your current Gore-Tex layers over the Revolution suit and staydry - but take off the rainsuit when its dry. So you get all the benefits of the Revolution and a one piece suit !
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #197
Wings
marmaduked

Oddometer: 14,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
Though we provide liners, we outrightly recommend that you wear a rain gear over your suit. So you can wear your current Gore-Tex layers over the Revolution suit and staydry - but take off the rainsuit when its dry. So you get all the benefits of the Revolution and a one piece suit !
your responses have been most informative. Thanks for that.

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:06 AM   #198
DantesDame
Ridin' Fool

Oddometer: 1,736

http://www.dantesdame.com/ <--- Rides! Rides! Rides!!
DantesDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #199
millsan1
IBA #49986

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Just received this feedback

"I've worn my Revolution one piece suit quite a few times now. The day I received my suit, it was 30degrees so I took a ride to test the warmth and was comfortable with both liners in place. I've also worn it in temperatures of 80 degrees and find that with all the vents open, the suit really moves some air. It has good reflective material. The suit is very comfortable when riding. I ride an F800ST BMW and find that the suit is comfortable for an all day ride. I love the Mango color as people tell me how visible I am. My husband has the Lombard and he wears it daily as he rides to work."

This made me giggle. I ride a C14 and Kate rides an F800ST. She is going to be contacting you guys about a suit.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #200
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
This made me giggle. I ride a C14 and Kate rides an F800ST. She is going to be contacting you guys about a suit.
super - looking forward to hearing from Kate
Old 08-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #201
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Awesome new pix thanks to the bluepoof blog!

Old 08-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #202
DantesDame
Ridin' Fool

Oddometer: 1,736
Quote:
Awesome new pix thanks to the bluepoof blog!
Nice pics, but did she give you permission to use them? You know that you can't just go snagging pictures off of people's blogs, right?

She, and others, have done a lot to further your cause. Please make sure that you're not abusing that.

http://www.dantesdame.com/ <--- Rides! Rides! Rides!!
DantesDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #203
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DantesDame View Post
Nice pics, but did she give you permission to use them? You know that you can't just go snagging pictures off of people's blogs, right?

She, and others, have done a lot to further your cause. Please make sure that you're not abusing that.
till now i have usually let her know when i used her stuff for any commercial purpose such as in the brochure recently sent to the women conference. but thank you for voicing your concern. i appreciate it.

in more news - we have significantly reduced our manufacturing times so you can get your suits faster!!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:17 AM   #204
I-Jo
InappropriateJo

Oddometer: 13
1.) Thanks for taking the time to truly build a high quality woman's suit- that ACTUALLY fit's and designed for us. Excellent product- my boyfriend has his own (obviously not the Revolution) and is quiet happy with it- I was much impressed when he made it into or out of the suit in 30 seconds or less.

2.) Question: love the color selection but is there a way to make it all black? Thanks!

(I have given up and am just started window shopping for new textiles- it's time to grow up and spend real coin on a real product designed to do what I want- enough wasting money on inferior products that barely get the job done!) Hoping by Christmas or spring I can have a new product- but I'm definitly in the "save money mode* right now LOL

thanks in advance!
I-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #205
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

3 Exciting Updates for the Revolution suit:
  • For those seeking ultimate airflow - you will be able to order the Revolution in a perforated version ( similar to the Air Shell)
  • We now have highly reduced manufacturing time - reduced by almost 75% - down to 2 weeks from 8 !!!
  • Lower shipping rates coming soon for international orders as we start shipping to customers directly from the factory!
Old 09-12-2012, 02:54 AM   #206
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Women 2 Piece Prototypes are in the works

who wants one
Old 11-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #207
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Playing around with photshop - will help if you want to get an idea of the various colors:

http://www.teizms.com/wow/rev2/

Ivory

Mango

Hi Viz

Key Lime

Plum

Scarlet

Bubblegum Pink

Eggplant

Tangerine

Powder Blue

Midnight Blue

Slate
Old 04-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #208
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Hi viz revolution

Hi viz revolution
Old 05-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #209
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

so can you bake in your gear???

Old 10-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #210
overgrownmoose
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I know I'm digging up an old thread. I'm thinking of getting my wife one of these suits for her birthday. My only hesitation is that she is a HUGE wuss when it comes to heat. I'm hoping to hear some feedback about the hot weather performance (100 Fahrenheit) from some ladies who have been wearing this thing. Preferably in dual sport use rather than just sitting in the saddle on the highway for long hours.

I know the perforated version is offered, but I am always worried about dehydration in the summer. She is not, which makes it even more dangerous for her. You also get reduced utility in the winter.

EDIT: Did anything ever come of the 2 piece women's suit? I don't see anything about it on the website and I know she would much prefer a 2 piece.
overgrownmoose is offline   Reply With Quote