|07-03-2012, 09:20 PM||#1|
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney Australia
OZ Vendor rules.
We have merged Vendors and Fleamarket into one forum! Please note that the same rules still apply.
Fleamarket - Non Commercial only
Vendors - Vendors only with approval of the Mods
See Vendors rules below and Fleamarket rules in second post
Vendors Rules… Please read before you post.
Australian Vendors Forum, info for inmates:
We are going to give this a try and see how it goes, we hope it will be mutually beneficial to both vendors and to our members.
A place for you to talk to the vendors without everyone calling spam.
As you know, we do not accept any paid advertising on this site.
There are no advertising banners, no popups, and spam is not permitted, it is our gift from Baldy.
In the Australian Vendors forum, vendors may bring to the attention of motorcyclists products and services related to motorcyling.
Vendors who post will be expected to discuss and answer inmate questions regarding their products and services. Discussions must remain civil.
If you see something that's offensive or is not motorcycling related, please use the Report this link, to report it to forum moderators.
It is extremely bad form to post in a vendor's thread a link to a similar or competing product from another vendor, also mocking and needless dickery will not be tolerated.
A vendor's thread is for the vendor to talk about his products and answer inmate questions. Posts that violate these rules will be punted without warning. Habitual offenders will also be punted without warning.
No links to e-bay, Trading post, etc... permitted here.
Vendor rants: On occasion, inmates feel a need to vent or warn others about a negative experience from a particular vendor if you feel the need, do it in the vendors thread and the vendors can respond in their thread.
Only approved vendors may start a thread in here.
Ultimately, buyer beware, we do not mediate disputes between buyers and sellers.
Australian Vendors Forum, info for vendors:
1. It is in very bad form for one vendor to crap on another vendor's thread, or try to poach sales from it, and will not be tolerated.
2. Vendors must clearly state the price and location of the items they are selling or provide a link to their site where the price and location and terms of sale are clearly visible. "Make an offer" or "PM me for a price" is not allowed.
3. Permanent discounts or special deals for ADV inmates are welcome and appreciated.
4. Copyrighted items may not be sold on this site. When in doubt, ask first.
5. In here each vendor will get one thread only, you can have unlimited posts in your thread.
6. Vendors must be legitimate businesses. If Australian, must have an ABN number, this is not the place for individual inmates to try and profit from the popularity of ADV.
7. Only Overseas businesses that are prepared to ship to Australia or have Australian distributors will be allowed a thread.
8. No bumping of threads only legitimate posts or offers or product info.
9. You must get mod approval before you start your thread. Contact one of the local mods and discuss first to check if you qualify.
10. Mods decisions are final.
11. These vendor threads are free if you find it successful please consider a donation to help keep this site going.
Thank you for your cooperation and contribution to the ADV community.
lentil screwed with this post 03-19-2015 at 10:01 PM Reason: Updated.
|03-19-2015, 09:58 PM||#2|
All round nice guy
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Not Gunnedah
Price- You must include a price.
Location- You must include a location in the ad, the location under your user name may not be correct or specific enough.
No external links.- No links to ebay, Bikepoint or trading post etc. Directing inmates to external ads without links will also be removed.
Bumping- You may not bump you ad more than once per week(7 days) and must nuke the original ad if not you will lose both.
Pictures- Max 2 per ad if you want more have them as links.
Ownership - If its not yours you cannot sell it, ask your buddy to register and sell it himself. - Immediate family members excluded.
Content- Only bikes or bike related products or bike related camping gear.
Correspondance- All correspondance to be conducted by PM not in the thread.
Compliance- Ads that do not comply with the rules above will be deleted and you will have to do a new one.
Expiration - Ad's expire after 8 weeks and will be removed from view.
How to help make the flea-market a better place:
When you sell it, or bump it go to "EDIT POST" at the bottom of your original post and then tick the "NUKE" box to delete the post.
If it is "Sold pending payment", add those words to your post.
If you have something to give away free please post it in the Pay it Forward thread HERE thanks.
If you have something you want to buy, go to the Wanted Thread
If your ad disappears it may have been deleted by a mod as it did not meet the rules or it has expired, please read the rules and re-submit your ad.
We can't write to each and every person who's ads do not comply.
These ads are free if you have a successful sale please consider a donation to help keep this site going.
Not for Commercial Sellers---Mods decisions will be final.
If your over priced second hand item has not sold after ten bumps try elsewhere, the folks around here are not stupid.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|