ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #46
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
those that didn't join us today missed out...

let's just say, "what sign..."
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #47
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
this weekend, June 23 -24

I don't know about the rest of you, but i enjoyed that bit of single track at Laura and Speedee's place.
Bart, can you our Okeedokee hook us up with some of that in Francis Marion. you did a month our so ago.
Weather permitting, it is time for a Sunday ride, What say gang?
Clint
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #48
Aron31
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Thumb

Sorry about being out of the loop. I was in Orlando all last week and kind of went under the radar. Avoiding any unwanted emails or phone calls if you know what I mean.

Anything possibly planned for this week?

The area I usually ride is all mucked up from all the rain we had last week. I took the wife's 250 back there and it even was getting stuck in the mud so I couldn't imagine 650s or larger doing well at all.

My 2008 Klr 650 (orange)
Wife's 2008 Klr 650 (red)
Aron31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #49
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

rides for first weekend in July

Family will be having reunion at Pawleys this weekend, so I'll be with them. I may teacher explore trip up that way, but may just take the weekend off. I hope some of you will hit the trail and keep the group going. After the Wee took not one, but two naps, Camille is suggesting i find a lighter blew for these 'spirited' rides. She just insists that it be 'dirt' cheap. I failed to appreciate her pun. Anyone have a plated DR-z or KTM they're tired of?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #50
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
Sorry I missed the ride last weekend. I had a hard week prior at work and was a little tired. Sounds like I missed a good show ;)

I might be able to get away for something this weekend. It's likely to be muddy and flooded on the HOCAT. How about a Saturday BBQ ride?
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #51
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh Tiger View Post
Sorry I missed the ride last weekend. I had a hard week prior at work and was a little tired. Sounds like I missed a good show ;)

I might be able to get away for something this weekend. It's likely to be muddy and flooded on the HOCAT. How about a Saturday BBQ ride?
Sounds good, I know Adrian would be up for it. After months of rehabing his back, and rebuilding his GS boxer, he's itching to get out and ride. I just shot an email to the group, reply to all with your ideas Joel, I know they'll be good ones.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #52
kuhnsteve01
n00b

Oddometer: 6
hello im down from ohio staying at mt pleasant. im looking for some place to ride around Charleston, SC and im also looking for a clutch cable for a 98 klr650 new or used dealer said by friday but thats cutting it to close for my trip back up north

kuhnsteve01 screwed with this post 07-02-2012 at 08:11 PM
kuhnsteve01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #53
bloodline
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 240
Softball pitch
bloodline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #54
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhnsteve01 View Post
hello im down from ohio staying at mt pleasant. im looking for some place to ride around Charleston, SC and im also looking for a clutch cable for a 98 klr650 new or used dealer said by friday but thats cutting it to close for my trip back up north
Steve, we only have one klr in our group, but I'll try to put you in touch. I'll pm you, but give me a call about clutch cable and riding. 843-224-2496
Old 07-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #55
2bikebart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Hey MarshTiger I found us a new swimming hole today. It has two rope swings and is at a boat ramp on the Santee.

kuhnsteve01 head up 17 and go into the Francis Marion forest there are lost of fire roads in the there. If I had seen your post earlier I could have showed you around this morning. I live in Mt P and put in over 100 miles this morning about 80 of it off road.
2bikebart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #56
kuhnsteve01
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bikebart View Post
Hey MarshTiger I found us a new swimming hole today. It has two rope swings and is at a boat ramp on the Santee.

kuhnsteve01 head up 17 and go into the Francis Marion forest there are lost of fire roads in the there. If I had seen your post earlier I could have showed you around this morning. I live in Mt P and put in over 100 miles this morning about 80 of it off road.
I'm staying in belle hall I seen another KLR yesterday went to his house but no answer at the door. I mite go up 17 tomorrow and check it out thanks
Old 07-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #57
kuhnsteve01
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
Steve, we only have one klr in our group, but I'll try to put you in touch. I'll pm you, but give me a call about clutch cable and riding. 843-224-2496
I'll call you tomorrow it's after 1100 pm now thanks for your reply
Old 07-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #58
kuhnsteve01
n00b

Ok to day I rode about 180 mi, 30 in Francis Marion forest grate ride but I went up to the atv trail and being from
Ohio my bike or I liked the sand so got the hell out of there headed up to surf side ate lunch and back to belle hall
Thanks for the in sight on a place to ride
Old 07-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #59
2bikebart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Forgot to tell you the Wamba cycle trail is real sandy. It's only good right after a rain or if you have a dirt bike with sand tires.

So whats the plan for this weekend?
2bikebart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #60
kuhnsteve01
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bikebart View Post
Forgot to tell you the Wamba cycle trail is real sandy. It's only good right after a rain or if you have a dirt bike with sand tires.

So whats the plan for this weekend?
Deep sea fishing Friday all day then heading back to Ohio sat, morning camping sat, night and back in zanesville Ohio sun, some time later then back to work mon,