Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > 2 smokers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #46
JeffPM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
If I ever had the extra money to purchase a collector bike, this would be the one. It is simply beautiful! Thanks for posting all the photos.

'09 Suzuki DL650 WeeStrom
'09 Triumph Street Triple R
JeffPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #47
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Oddometer: 5,005
Bump from the past, thinking of selling my Metralla, just putting it out there.

I googled "Metralla for sale" and found this thread...

Old 06-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #48
mtothef OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
not fair!

just when i thought i had everything i ever need from this life to be happy, you go and spring this on me...

bike looks pretty rough. will you take a flat $500 for it if i pay cash?

mtothef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #49
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtothef View Post
just when i thought i had everything i ever need from this life to be happy, you go and spring this on me...

bike looks pretty rough. will you take a flat $500 for it if i pay cash?

You're missing a zero

It was an impulse buy, got it off ebay as you see it, resto was done by Lynn Mobley, matching numbers bike, it has been non op for 3 or 4 years now, not fair to let it sit hidden away.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #50
German Trick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
thinking of selling my Metralla, just putting it out there.

DON'T YOU DARE!!!
German Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #51
996DL
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,144
I remember seeing them brand new back in the day, more pics please...

Such an affordable timeless classic.

996DL
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #52
Donzzilla
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 414
My wife had her Metralla out for ride to work day. It was a nice day, so I figured I'd snap a few off of it.

I restored this one 12-13 years ago. It was the first Bultaco to be shown in AMCA (Antique Motorcycle Club of America) competition, where it garnered a 100 point perfect Junior, then 100 point perfect Senior, Best European at the inaugural (For Motorcycles being allowed) Greenwich Concours, MId Ohio Vintage Days, AMA Hall Of Fame Concours and the New Hope Concours, etc.

She rides it regularly. 4-5 years ago she even did the Spring Moto-Giri in upstate, NY. 200 miles on dirt roads in the rain!

As pictured it's not a 100 point bike as the tires have been changed (Original Pirelli's Made In Spain are on the shelf for safe keeping) And the Amal has been changed over to a Mikuni for a more rider friendly experience.

1Peg's2

1Peg's3

1Peg's1

1Peg's4
Donzzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #53
German Trick
Beastly Adventurer

Beautiful bike! I think we all need to get our red and silver Metrallas out for a ride together.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #54
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Trick View Post
DON'T YOU DARE!!!

I'm sorry GT, but it's time for someone else to enjoy her. I moved at the first of the year, and lets just say that my new digs are somewhat more "Rustic" than before. I have too many bikes, not enough space and I am trying to move some of them.

Also, I am just too damn big for the bike. It was fun for a while there, but the Mattie was built for a skinny little spanish guy, not a fat gringo like myself.

And I still have that little gift you sent me, saw it just the other day when I was going through my desk. If I ever unpack all my stuff, I have something to send you in return.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #55
German Trick
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post

Also, I am just too damn big for the bike. It was fun for a while there, but the Mattie was built for a skinny little spanish guy, not a fat gringo like myself.
At 6' 3" 220# I kind of look like a monkey on a mini bike myself.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #56
jcf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Trick View Post
At 6' 3" 220# I kind of look like a monkey on a mini bike myself.
Ha ! True dat - Gods way of compensating us smaller folk.

My [red and silver also] M8 fits me like a glove and it is such a blast on back roads.
jcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #57
Matador107
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Metralla

Hi,from down under,I have just joined up and own a number of Bultacos. A Matador mk 5,a Montadero mk 2 and a Metralla M23 I got out of LA to Aust,and that was a 5 month effort and $2000 shipping fees. It's black/silver with how shall I say,the rat rod look.

A little fuel, about 5 kicks and away she went,even the lights work,,now that is amazing!!! Bully electrics are not the best from my experience.Had a quick ride around the block and realized how small they are plus all the steering head bearings have disappeared and no steering head locknut apart from no front brake cable. Scary without that brake operating.

I think I will pull it down to fully restore,others have told, me to tidy it up only,keep the patina but I like shiny bikes. The red/silver ones are the glamour boys. Trying to find my all time favourite Bultaco, an ElBandido, they are never for sale it seems.

I'll come clean whilst I'm at it with the ARMADA, a second Matador in pieces,an Alpina that was buried,a Sherpa T 350 motor, a complete Montadero motor and a model 95 Matador, motor only of which only 8 were made as prototypes. Looked at a $30,000 TSS 350 road racer last week but I want to stay married.

I feel better now after all that,you could say it,s a passion or a disease.
VIVA. MARTIN.
Matador107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #58
jcf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador107 View Post
Hi,from down under,I have just joined up and own a number of Bultacos. A Matador mk 5,a Montadero mk 2 and a Metralla M23 I got out of LA to Aust,and that was a 5 month effort and $2000 shipping fees. It's black/silver with how shall I say,the rat rod look.

A little fuel, about 5 kicks and away she went,even the lights work,,now that is amazing!!! Bully electrics are not the best from my experience.Had a quick ride around the block and realized how small they are plus all the steering head bearings have disappeared and no steering head locknut apart from no front brake cable. Scary without that brake operating.

I think I will pull it down to fully restore,others have told, me to tidy it up only,keep the patina but I like shiny bikes. The red/silver ones are the glamour boys. Trying to find my all time favourite Bultaco, an ElBandido, they are never for sale it seems.

I'll come clean whilst I'm at it with the ARMADA, a second Matador in pieces,an Alpina that was buried,a Sherpa T 350 motor, a complete Montadero motor and a model 95 Matador, motor only of which only 8 were made as prototypes. Looked at a $30,000 TSS 350 road racer last week but I want to stay married.

I feel better now after all that,you could say it,s a passion or a disease.
VIVA. MARTIN.
We want pics of all of them.
jcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #59
Matador107
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Metralla

THE METRALLA FILES!
There are two for sale at the moment in Australia,one at $8,000 and another at a ridiculous $12,000 which is way over the top for what they are.
Matador107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #60
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer

Impressive collection M107!

Well I put fuel in the Bul this morning and fired it up, rode it down the street and I may be having second thoughts

I'M SO CONFUSED