ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #181
STUFF2C
We Ain't Left Yet!!
 
STUFF2C's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: O-lando
Oddometer: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
WHAT??? No Comments about all of the custom racks and gaurds that I made by hand.......from scratch!!!!!
Oh... nice

you must ride like i do... by yourself
__________________
Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything.
-- Charles Kuralt

I never plan a ride, just the destination and that's always subject to change.
STUFF2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #182
STUFF2C
We Ain't Left Yet!!
 
STUFF2C's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: O-lando
Oddometer: 2,306
btw this is only the second thread i have ever sub'd to and the other had GIRLS in it

SO FK'n finish it already!
__________________
Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything.
-- Charles Kuralt

I never plan a ride, just the destination and that's always subject to change.
STUFF2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #183
hillbillypolack
Grumpy Old Goat
 
hillbillypolack's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Lidsville
Oddometer: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
WHAT??? No Comments about all of the custom racks and gaurds that I made by hand.......from scratch!!!!!
It looks like you really enjoyed yourself with a drill press and a can of Krylon. Whoop-eee.

Besides waiting for parts, did you lay up the carbon? Upholster the seat? What functionality do those brackets provide?

Numbers talk and you know what walks. Post the dyno charts and stop with the superficial fluff already. It's a performance bike, let's see how a moto tech (you) enhanced that aspect of your project.
__________________
I found Jesus. He was behind the sofa the whole time.

1996 M900, "Patience" 2012 GS "Sonar" 2008 Megamoto "Big Blue" 2008 S2R "WTF"

hillbillypolack screwed with this post 07-02-2012 at 04:42 PM
hillbillypolack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #184
BCC
I know better
 
BCC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Southern NJ
Oddometer: 7,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypolack View Post
It looks like you really enjoyed yourself with a drill press and a can of Krylon. Whoop-eee.

Besides waiting for parts, did you lay up the carbon? Upholster the seat? What functionality do those brackets provide?

Numbers talk and you know what walks. Post the dyno charts and stop with the superficial fluff already. It's a performance bike, let's see how a moto tech (you) enhanced that aspect of your project.
DH, no 2 ways about it.
__________________
Living the fullest life means leaving a history of goodness behind you for others to remember.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #185
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
moosemeat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: New England
Oddometer: 253
1200.00 in powdercoating receipts. krylon my ass. hill... billy.... goat .... guy.....lol
moosemeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #186
bajaburro
Ancient Adventurer
 
bajaburro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Huntington Beach CA
Oddometer: 1,552
racks

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
WHAT??? No Comments about all of the custom racks and gaurds that I made by hand.......from scratch!!!!!
fuck it!there nice.
__________________
ancient adventurer
bajaburro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #187
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
moosemeat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: New England
Oddometer: 253
Notice how the rear rack perfectly matches the small touratech one, and the side pieces are bent to perfectly match the curves in the rear bodywork. there are four attachment points. four struts. two slide inside of the rear frame tubes under the seat and two attach at the crossover bar for the passenger pegs. they slide into billet machined blocks of aluminum (that slide over the passenger peg bar) and held in place with allen set screws. there are two strut covers that sandwich between the passenger peg mounts to hide the two forward struts. the rack has many attachment holes points for the giant loop pack sm/med/lg. no more strapping shit around the frame rails and to the seat. insanely lightweight and incredably strong. I wonder if Hillbillypollac calles up wunderlich and questions them about the integrity of their products and why they make them?

the clutch and brake bowls are protected on all sides and most importantly THE TOP! 4mm aluminum with two attachment points that are not attached to the bowls!!!!! this prevents them from breaking off in case of endo or wheeling over. not so with the other catalog crap.

the left and right boot gaurds prevent the nice red frame powdercoating from getting f...d up. easier to recoat the gaurds than the frame.

the roundell blinkers are from Schrodie shop in Germany. Stefan Schroder does really nice work. they come in two sizes for the gs and gsa. they have indepth instructions with shrink wrap and waterproof connectors. they can be wired to flash with blinkers or as running lights. 87,00 euros

price of a 3x3 sheet of 4mm aluminum-box of dd coffee
price of 5 ft 1/2 in aluminum rod-box of dd munchkins
powdercoating at central florida powdercoating 110.00
allen bolts and lock nuts from Skycraft 3.00
moosemeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #188
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Fenton, MI
Oddometer: 813
My god. I was on your side for a while but now am becoming a doubter. All you care about is making it pretty and haven't even began to address any of the real issues, or at least you haven't really discussed it. Maybe it's just me but id have it running before doing all this other crap, just to be sure. Instead you sound quite vain.
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #189
stan23
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Cupertino, CA
Oddometer: 121
I love how some of the pieces are zip tied onto the bike.
stan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #190
JoeDuck
Kilroy was here
 
JoeDuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: North of Alcatraz
Oddometer: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
Notice how the rear rack perfectly matches the small touratech one, and the side pieces are bent to perfectly match the curves in the rear bodywork. there are four attachment points. four struts. two slide inside of the rear frame tubes under the seat and two attach at the crossover bar for the passenger pegs. they slide into billet machined blocks of aluminum (that slide over the passenger peg bar) and held in place with allen set screws. there are two strut covers that sandwich between the passenger peg mounts to hide the two forward struts. the rack has many attachment holes points for the giant loop pack sm/med/lg. no more strapping shit around the frame rails and to the seat. insanely lightweight and incredably strong. I wonder if Hillbillypollac calles up wunderlich and questions them about the integrity of their products and why they make them?

the clutch and brake bowls are protected on all sides and most importantly THE TOP! 4mm aluminum with two attachment points that are not attached to the bowls!!!!! this prevents them from breaking off in case of endo or wheeling over. not so with the other catalog crap.

the left and right boot gaurds prevent the nice red frame powdercoating from getting f...d up. easier to recoat the gaurds than the frame.

the roundell blinkers are from Schrodie shop in Germany. Stefan Schroder does really nice work. they come in two sizes for the gs and gsa. they have indepth instructions with shrink wrap and waterproof connectors. they can be wired to flash with blinkers or as running lights. 87,00 euros

price of a 3x3 sheet of 4mm aluminum-box of dd coffee
price of 5 ft 1/2 in aluminum rod-box of dd munchkins
powdercoating at central florida powdercoating 110.00
allen bolts and lock nuts from Skycraft 3.00
Not that I could build anything like that, but - you're saying it doesn't run?
JoeDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #191
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motorfiets's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North of Jack Daniel's, South of Country Music
Oddometer: 3,000
so enough of this bullshit... does the bike run yes or no?
Motorfiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #192
MJS
Beastly Adventurer
 
MJS's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Ventura, CA
Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
so enough of this bullshit... does the bike run yes or no?
I'd guess not yet. The front view shows the bike to be missing the instrument cluster and the ignition switch.

Maybe he's just waiting for the needed parts to show up on flea-bay.
__________________
"You can follow me, but it's gonna hurt"
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #193
GSMarc
Studly Adventurer
 
GSMarc's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Oddometer: 908
Having it runnings means :

a key recognized by the BMSK.
I see a BMSK but not the key.
The ZFE also must be sometimes reprogrammed
(seems that not all ZFE can be reprogrammed).

I know that finding electronics parts (cluster, BMSK, ZFE etc) on the web is not 100% sure to have them up & running on your bike.
They are not just "plug & play" parts.

I myself decided to have it running before doing other investments.
I have it running now.
__________________
GSMarc from BELGIUM
2014 KTM EXC450 6Days
2008 HP2/MM ABS
2005 HP2E
2005 HP2E SM Prototype
GSMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #194
hillbillypolack
Grumpy Old Goat
 
hillbillypolack's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Lidsville
Oddometer: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
Notice how the rear rack perfectly matches the small touratech one, and the side pieces are bent to perfectly match the curves in the rear bodywork. there are four attachment points. four struts. two slide inside of the rear frame tubes under the seat and two attach at the crossover bar for the passenger pegs. they slide into billet machined blocks of aluminum (that slide over the passenger peg bar) and held in place with allen set screws. there are two strut covers that sandwich between the passenger peg mounts to hide the two forward struts. the rack has many attachment holes points for the giant loop pack sm/med/lg. no more strapping shit around the frame rails and to the seat. insanely lightweight and incredably strong. I wonder if Hillbillypollac calles up wunderlich and questions them about the integrity of their products and why they make them?
Well, let me ask you a question about functionality. Now that you have the racks in place, is there available access to the seat removal screw? Also, do you have to remove the entire rack to gain access to anything under the seat (should you have issue during a ride etc). I'm asking these functional questions since I'm an industrial designer and function takes precedence over aesthetics with rack systems, and utility products like these. Or the HP2e in general.

I would have thought that asking questions, and humbly inquiring for advice from this group may have been something you'd consider. Instead it's been quite a show on how much you've ordered, how much you've spent on powdercoating or carbon. It's been a project lasting over a year and to be honest I don't see you approaching the important aspects of mechanics to get the bike moving. If it's a sculpture, that's fine. We've been patiently waiting since your initial purchase as to whether you have the ability to get it moving under its own power again.

Just for comparison, I've completed entire running show vehicles for international auto shows in less than six months. Award winning, magazine center spread concepts which have running gear, working doors, lighting, fully trimmed leather seats and polished aluminum exterior brightwork. Yes, it takes a team and crazy delegating and organization, and loads of hard work and humility. There's no question things cost real money, but that's often irrelevant compared to personal effort in the final product.

It's good to see progress in a few areas, but some of us would like to see the mechanicals addressed as well.
__________________
I found Jesus. He was behind the sofa the whole time.

1996 M900, "Patience" 2012 GS "Sonar" 2008 Megamoto "Big Blue" 2008 S2R "WTF"
hillbillypolack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #195
tenfiddy
Demotivational P C
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Apalachicola National Forest
Oddometer: 180
Somehow I keep stumbling upon this thread. I remember when it was started. You put all this time and work into a bike that went through a friggin fire before thinking, "Hmm. maybe I should see how it runs.", first? It looks good, but...

__________________
2000 XR650R - Big.. Red... missile toward the next tree/ditch, wahtevar!
1999 KTM 200EXC - Da ANF Bomber!
2002 Super Sherpa - Hers!
"Unlimited foobar until epoch!"
tenfiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014