User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Tweakedlogic OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
2 PE 175 Zuks... what to do? (long-ish)

I have 2 PE175 just sitting there doing nothing. An 82 and 80 (dual shock). I over paid, years ago for the 82. Rode it a little bit, the gas tank cracked and forgot it for a while. Later, took it apart to sell, buyer backed out, it sits in the shed. The 80, I'm sure can run again, but I haven't been able to start it. It's tank is bad too. Also the rear shocks are seized and I've learned they don't come cheap. Both bikes were bagged and put away clean, The carbs might need a quick spray down, But I don't have tear into the motor or carbs.

On to the dilemma. A friend came over today and noticed the 80 under a tarp and he got very excited. He wants both bikes, as is. He didn't make an offer, only wants me to come up with a low number. I have $600 in both as they sit. So I know I'm not going to make my money back. But I would be happy to pay $200 if I were in his position. Naturally I would put that $200 into one or more of the many other projects I have going.

Or, I can make at least one nice bike that I think is pretty desirable to the vintage dirt racers. Possibly get my money back, or ride myself. I had a great time the on the 82 when it worked. This would be added to the many slow projects I have going now. Currently down, non-running fleet includes a cafe racer that must be finished by September, a CB 350 needs to pass MO inspection so i can trade it to my brother for a cool CZ model 477 that needs to be put back together. Then there's the CL Dual Sport build. Plus a performance motor and 5 speed build.

As you can see I'm very sick. I know I have a problem, but they only laugh at me in the anonymous meetings.

Keep it on the list, or part with it? What do I do?
Tweakedlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
bones_708
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 572
It doesn't really look like the bikes were even on your list (of projects). Unless you have real plans and would actually use the bikes why not give them another chance at life. Otherwise you are just a hoarder.

bones_708 screwed with this post 07-09-2012 at 02:29 AM
bones_708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,071
the PE is not very desirable bike except for in areas and or people who do vinduro events..which are not very popular here in the states..
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:22 AM   #4
stainlesscycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
the PE is not very desirable bike except for in areas and or people who do vinduro events..which are not very popular here in the states..
the 82 pe is desirable for ahrma cc. maybe not popular on west coast, but there's bunches of them over here on the east coast...

where are you located?
07 gasgas xc300-94 duc 900ss-86 morini camel (2)-84 IT200-83 IT175-78 guzzi lm1-77 pursang 250-76 morini 3 1/2 strada-76 frankentaco pursang 200-74 frankentaco pursang 200-74 morini 3 1/2 sport-74 mz ts250/0-74 puch 175 (3)-73 can-am 175tnt-71 guzzi frankeneldo-71 ossa Stiletto-70 frankentaco sherpa s(2)-66 morini corsarino(2)-63 morini corsaro + many more
stainlesscycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
Tweakedlogic OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
I'm in Memphis. I couple friends of mine race in the vintage and post vintage classes, which is why i got the first one anyway. The second one I got because it was cheap. My thinking at the time was to combine the two, but it never got going.

You guys make some good points. I don't have the time or the space no matter how cool i think the bike would be when finished. I need to get rid of them and make room for the next project.

Tweakedlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
Shocktower
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,077
If he is a good friend sell them to him cheap and you both will be happy. Money cannot buy good friends

'08 KTM 530 EXC
79 RD 400 Daytona
Shocktower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakedlogic View Post
or ride myself. I had a great time the on the 82 when it worked.

As you can see I'm very sick. .

Keep it on the list, or part with it? What do I do?

Keep it, those are great bikes for squirting around the woods.