Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #196
bracky72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 948
The original poster is an old friend of mine. I have faith he will see this through.
bracky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #197
GSMarc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
In 14 days I will be over in building 1, in the BMW MOTORRAD Classroom. I have my hands very very full for the next 14 weeks fellas.
the owner wrote that on 29 of June (page 13), only 9 days ago....

I'm sure he will start running it after he will get all the secrets of the engine management etc
2005 HP2E
2005 HP2E SM Prototype
GSMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #198
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
wow. (shaking my head) maybe I should post a nice close up picture of my a-hole, so you guys can inspect it really well. gee, i need a key and an ignition switch???? thanks for the heads up. i didn't see that in the service cd. it's on the way crybabies. talked to a fellow inmate today regaurding the hp2mm gauge cluster he has for sale. it's gonna be mine. ANOTHER nice addition to my bargain HP2. (This will irratate the cynical bed-wetters here even more.)

personally i think my project is worthy of a nice spread in BMW Magazine. we'll just have to wait and see........wink wink HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
moosemeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #199
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypolack View Post
Well, let me ask you a question about functionality. Now that you have the racks in place, is there available access to the seat removal screw? Also, do you have to remove the entire rack to gain access to anything under the seat (should you have issue during a ride etc). I'm asking these functional questions since I'm an industrial designer and function takes precedence over aesthetics with rack systems, and utility products like these. Or the HP2e in general.

I would have thought that asking questions, and humbly inquiring for advice from this group may have been something you'd consider. Instead it's been quite a show on how much you've ordered, how much you've spent on powdercoating or carbon. It's been a project lasting over a year and to be honest I don't see you approaching the important aspects of mechanics to get the bike moving. If it's a sculpture, that's fine. We've been patiently waiting since your initial purchase as to whether you have the ability to get it moving under its own power again.

Just for comparison, I've completed entire running show vehicles for international auto shows in less than six months. Award winning, magazine center spread concepts which have running gear, working doors, lighting, fully trimmed leather seats and polished aluminum exterior brightwork. Yes, it takes a team and crazy delegating and organization, and loads of hard work and humility. There's no question things cost real money, but that's often irrelevant compared to personal effort in the final product.

It's good to see progress in a few areas, but some of us would like to see the mechanicals addressed as well.
Give me your address and I will send you a fruit basket for all the competitions you have entered. Try looking at the overhead picture. There is a big hole over the seat bolt Einstein!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #200
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMarc View Post
Having it runnings means :

a key recognized by the BMSK.
I see a BMSK but not the key.
The ZFE also must be sometimes reprogrammed
(seems that not all ZFE can be reprogrammed).

I know that finding electronics parts (cluster, BMSK, ZFE etc) on the web is not 100% sure to have them up & running on your bike.
They are not just "plug & play" parts.

I myself decided to have it running before doing other investments.
I have it running now.
Oh thank Heaven for (7-11?) oh, nope that's not it, I meant the BMW GT-1 Computer in the corner of the classroom, whew. Where would My project be without the helpful input of all the nice inmates here. Thank you! Honestly, Thank you! : cry:lol 3: lol3
Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #201
moosemeat OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Raise your hand children if you have started a thread here that has gotten over 34,000 views.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #202
MIXR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 662
Damn I love this thread!

This is more entertaining than being bitten on the nuts by a bull-ant while taking a dump out by Big Red!

Moosemeat - You've gotta be either the world's best troll or the best practical joker God ever breathed life into!

I'd almost bet my lefty you have a running machine and just want to see how long you can keep stirring the pot.

She looks good. Great work so far. Can't wait to see what the next episode brings!

MIXR screwed with this post 07-10-2012 at 05:16 PM
MIXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #203
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,582
Well, glad we got that off our chest.

You go MM !!!!!!

Life is short so keep doing your thing. Looks like you're on a roll and having fun with the project.

Take your time.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #204
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post
Well, glad we got that off our chest.

You go MM !!!!!!

Life is short so keep doing your thing. Looks like you're on a roll and having fun with the project.

Take your time.

This.
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #205
GSMarc
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
talked to a fellow inmate today regaurding the hp2mm gauge cluster he has for sale. it's gonna be mine.
I am interested in this.
I was told that in case you put a 'second hand' cluster, the setup program from BMW Germany will compare the miles between Cluster & BMSK and will set the highest.

Is the BMSK the original ones ?
Do you know the initial milage before fire ?

Tell me what will happen to this, thank you
2005 HP2E
2005 HP2E SM Prototype
Old 07-09-2012, 03:23 AM   #206
KTM265
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
I have been rebuilding a FL400R Pilot and was on a site for those...Had the same type of BS from the site admin who think's he's the god of Pilots and acouple of his blind sheep...I scrapped the stock front end and had a Kaw front in on it...They said that couldn't be done...well it's done and works great!

Keep up with your project, the trolls have nothing better to do than be Internet brave and worldly stupid...maybe jealous of the project. It's your project not theirs...
Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover"....

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy Crap, What a Ride!"
KTM265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #207
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,462
Haha ha I lové this thread hope we'll be able to see ut running at thé end of thé summer because it's looking awesome and it has to! I'm Still with you on That project!
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #208
Guy Jinbaiquerre
Monorail Conductor

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypolack View Post
It's good to see progress in a few areas, but some of us would like to see the mechanicals addressed as well.
How much money have you contributed to this project, as a percentage of its total budget? I am guessing the answer is zero. And that is how much what you "would like to see" matters.

It's a big Internet out there. If you don't like this particular thread, you're free to move on.
Guy Jinbaiquerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #209
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMarc View Post
I am interested in this.
I was told that in case you put a 'second hand' cluster, the setup program from BMW Germany will compare the miles between Cluster & BMSK and will set the highest.

Is the BMSK the original ones ?
Do you know the initial milage before fire ?

Tell me what will happen to this, thank you
My understanding is that the mileage is not saved in the cluster at all, but in the BMSK. This is the case on the GS, so I assume the HP2 as well.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #210
GSMarc
Studly Adventurer

Jim,

I'm sorry but the mileage is present in the cluster.

I bought a second hand GS cluster and connected it on my HP2E.

I got the mileage of the GS, not mine :

2005 HP2E
2005 HP2E SM Prototype