ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #61
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhnsteve01 View Post
Deep sea fishing Friday all day then heading back to Ohio sat, morning camping sat, night and back in zanesville Ohio sun, some time later then back to work mon,
Need someone to rig baits? Just kidding.
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:50 AM   #62
twistydave
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
dawn patrol ride this weekend?

Any other early risers in the groups that would like to get a few hours in before it gets to hot? Sunrise is 6:20.Starts getting light before 6.... I'll bring breakfast burritos for the good sunirse views. We could go anywhere. I'd lead a francis marion ride or would like follow/explore else where too. I have to get back to take the family out boating midday. Friday or Monday I the full day to ride it that works better.
twistydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #63
kuhnsteve01
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhnsteve01 View Post
Deep sea fishing Friday all day then heading back to Ohio sat, morning camping sat, night and back in zanesville Ohio sun, some time later then back to work mon,
Well I made it back home with temp, fix. ended up with 1960 miles round trip thanks for trying to help and the advice on the fire roads
kuhnsteve01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #64
2bikebart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
twistydave - too early for me. It is suppose to be down right artic starting wed. I got up early Saturday but I still rode until 3pm. It was hot but as long as I was moving and in the trees in the foreest I was ok. I have to work Fri and Monday. Sunday I think I have to go pick up my daughter so it is looking like Saturday for me. If anyone wants to hit the forest after work I am always up for an evening ride.
2bikebart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #65
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

This weekend 7/14 - 15

I'm selling the WeeStrom, and hoping to look at a Husky this weekend, so won't be making any ride plans. HOWEVER, if it comes to pass, I may be out Sunday. Y'all have fun in my absence.
Clint
Old 07-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #66
twistydave
Studly Adventurer

an artic 85... Evening rides sound good too. I'll give ya a call when it rollsaround. There s a track day in Kershaw too this weekend ;))
Old 07-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #67
blk-betty
bam-a-lam

Oddometer: 2,237
Hey did I get bumped from the email list for poor attendance?

I was getting 3-4 emails updates every weekend up until the last couple then nothing.

I was away in Chine for most of June and it's been so hot every weekend since I got back haven't ridden much but did take the HD up to Landolfi's in Pawley's Island for Pizza last Saturday.

I'm on call this weekend and can't ride but am ready to get back out there with you guys beginning next weekend.

stellaglide at comcast . net
Old 07-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #68
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

If you're not getting emails, it's not intentional. I've just been unable to ride last two, and evidently no one else is organizing larger events. I'll send a quick mail in just a few. Email me if you don't see it by 9PM Wed night.
Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk-betty View Post
Hey did I get bumped from the email list for poor attendance?

I was getting 3-4 emails updates every weekend up until the last couple then nothing.

I was away in Chine for most of June and it's been so hot every weekend since I got back haven't ridden much but did take the HD up to Landolfi's in Pawley's Island for Pizza last Saturday.

I'm on call this weekend and can't ride but am ready to get back out there with you guys beginning next weekend.

stellaglide at comcast . net
Old 07-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #69
blk-betty
bam-a-lam

Oddometer: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
If you're not getting emails, it's not intentional. I've just been unable to ride last two, and evidently no one else is organizing larger events. I'll send a quick mail in just a few. Email me if you don't see it by 9PM Wed night.
Clint
Thanks man.

Got it and replied. There was so much email chatter for so long then nothing at all and I wondered if my email had been removed from the CC list since I wasn't participating or replying.......guess it was the more the unusual June heat and no one out riding.

Mark
Old 07-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #70
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Early Saturday good for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistydave View Post
Any other early risers in the groups that would like to get a few hours in before it gets to hot? Sunrise is 6:20.Starts getting light before 6.... I'll bring breakfast burritos for the good sunirse views. We could go anywhere. I'd lead a francis marion ride or would like follow/explore else where too. I have to get back to take the family out boating midday. Friday or Monday I the full day to ride it that works better.
Early Saturday sounds great, I start from James Island so lets pick a good in-between starting point. The gravel around Francis Marion Forest has been fun and fast but wherever is good for me.
God bless and best regards, Ken
BigWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #71
twistydave
Studly Adventurer

Howabout going to the drag strip between Summerville and st George. I bet we could rent out the whole thing for cheap. I just checked it out when riding buy and looks like a fun place to cookout and play. We could maybe even do it for a monthlymeeting.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #72
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Drag race

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistydave View Post
Howabout going to the drag strip between Summerville and st George. I bet we could rent out the whole thing for cheap. I just checked it out when riding buy and looks like a fun place to cookout and play. We could maybe even do it for a monthlymeeting.
I used to go to Dorchester Dragway on Wednesday eve and Sunday after church, They were only
open on W & S back then. I haven't been in a while. Sometimes it would get a little rowdy as it got later
in the evening but it was cheap for entry (~$10) and a number (~$10) but that was a long time ago.
Maybe a group of us could meet up there Sunday after church and see what the bikes can do.

What about the Saturday morning ride though?
Old 07-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #73
twistydave
Studly Adventurer

O yea
Old 07-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #74
Okeedokee
Tiger Lover

Oddometer: 73
I could probably do the early AM Saturday in the FMNF. Just need to clear it with the boss. How about a ride in the morning then run over to McClellanville's TW Graham Seafood for a good lunch?
2012 Triumph Tiger 800-XC "Blazin' Orange"
2011 KTM 300-XC "Blazin Orange too"
Okeedokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #75
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Cancellation

Sorry to say I have to cancel for Saturday am. The cam cover gasket started leaking badly on my bike so I tightened it some and then it started pouring oil out, nobody had one locally but I have it off now. The design makes it impractical to use silicone or cut your own so I will call Orangeburg when they open tommorrow and if they don't have it in stock I'll order one. If they do have it I'm up for a trip to the Dorchester Dragway Sunday evening, they open at 5pm till midnight. I look forward to a baseline run or two. I'd like to do this with a group of 4 or more and leave for home before 8pm. I hope my next post is the good news that the bike is fixed. God bless and best regards, Ken