ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #7591
BenFongTorres
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Near Canada
Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourKraut View Post
This one came home with me yesterday.

Don't you love it when they do that?
BenFongTorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #7592
hillbillypolack
Grumpy Old Goat
 
hillbillypolack's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Lidsville
Oddometer: 6,023
After much deliberation, this '12 Triple Black replaced my trusty 07. After cresting 1100 miles, I'm often surprised how much better the camhead performance is. Not just down low, but the rocketlike top end.

Still. It's buzzier than the 07, and I have to sort out the front-wedge feeling of the seat. But every time I roll back up the driveway, I'm smiling so that says something.

Here are some spontaneous, horrible phone pics.



__________________
I found Jesus. He was behind the sofa the whole time.

1996 M900, 2012 GS 2008 Megamoto 2008 S2R
2006 HP2e
hillbillypolack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:15 AM   #7593
SourKraut
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: New England
Oddometer: 7,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial9xs View Post
Don't you love it when they do that?
You bet!
SourKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:00 AM   #7594
Mike M
Over Here Now...
 
Mike M's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 1,610
__________________
Mike M
2014 R1200GSA White
Mike M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #7595
BenFongTorres
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Near Canada
Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
You call that a pass?

BenFongTorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #7596
paulW
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Wirral, UK
Oddometer: 143
Are those seats standard on the 1200GS triple black in US? They look like GSA stock seats which I like because in the high setting there is less of a lip between rider and passenger.

paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypolack View Post
After much deliberation, this '12 Triple Black replaced my trusty 07. After cresting 1100 miles, I'm often surprised how much better the camhead performance is. Not just down low, but the rocketlike top end.

Still. It's buzzier than the 07, and I have to sort out the front-wedge feeling of the seat. But every time I roll back up the driveway, I'm smiling so that says something.

Here are some spontaneous, horrible phone pics.



paulW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #7597
ADVTuga
Paulo Lança
 
ADVTuga's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Portugal
Oddometer: 298
__________________
http://www.trailaventura.pt/
ADVTuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #7598
Desert Runner Dave
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Hangtown, CA
Oddometer: 14
2012 Triple Black

Desert Runner Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #7599
Slippy Chips
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Slippy Chips's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Hotlanta
Oddometer: 113
Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Runner Dave View Post
What kind of lights are those with the red rings?
__________________
GO DAWGS
2009 BMW R1200GS
IBA #56918
Slippy Chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #7600
RFlagg42
One hoopy frood....
 
RFlagg42's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Oddometer: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Chips View Post
What kind of lights are those with the red rings?
I am fairly certain the high ones are the Clearwater Krista's and the low ones are the Clearwater Glenda's. Nice setup!

Eric
__________________

2015 LD Rally Season: Iron Butt Rally (29 Jun - 10 Jul)

"As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly." - Proverbs 26:11
RFlagg42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #7601
hillbillypolack
Grumpy Old Goat
 
hillbillypolack's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Lidsville
Oddometer: 6,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulW View Post
Are those seats standard on the 1200GS triple black in US? They look like GSA stock seats which I like because in the high setting there is less of a lip between rider and passenger.

paul
Yep, those are GSA seats. Had them on the 07, which allowed me a more relaxed knee angle. They're a bit stiff, but the seat on the 07 'broke in' a bit after some miles. There seems to be more forward angle on the '12, I'm looking into raising the front 10mm or so.
__________________
I found Jesus. He was behind the sofa the whole time.

1996 M900, 2012 GS 2008 Megamoto 2008 S2R
2006 HP2e
hillbillypolack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #7602
aGremlin
Studly Adventurer
 
aGremlin's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand!
Oddometer: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypolack View Post
There seems to be more forward angle on the '12, I'm looking into raising the front 10mm or so.
I've found on my '10 GSA seat that yes, you do seem to lean forward. It's not recommended by BMW at all, but I put the front of the seat on high, back of the seat on low and found it balances it out much better. You also sit fractionally further back where the seat is wider... makes a lot of difference. As I said tho, BMW doesn't like you doing it at all, but I haven't had any issues.
__________________
Warning: My post quality varies according to my mood. If I sound sane give it a few minutes and I'll be back to normal
aGremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #7603
BaddAndy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BaddAndy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Spanaway
Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by aGremlin View Post
I've found on my '10 GSA seat that yes, you do seem to lean forward. It's not recommended by BMW at all, but I put the front of the seat on high, back of the seat on low and found it balances it out much better. You also sit fractionally further back where the seat is wider... makes a lot of difference. As I said tho, BMW doesn't like you doing it at all, but I haven't had any issues.
I have new GSA seats on my GS. Mounting the seat this way keeps the weight off my nuts too.
__________________
2012 Triumph XC-800
2001 Susuki DRZ-400S
BaddAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #7604
BenFongTorres
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Near Canada
Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddAndy View Post
I have new GSA seats on my GS. Mounting the seat this way keeps the weight off my nuts too.
Heh heh...Weight off nuts = PRICELESS!
BenFongTorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #7605
easydeluxe
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Antwerp
Oddometer: 22
My bone stock, 8 year old 43.000km GS.

easydeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014