Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2008, 10:50 PM   #16
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Oddometer: 7,103
Everything Tires (tyres)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395043

-cp

DISCLAIMER: All observations made in this post are mine and based solely on my own anecdotal experiences, and may contain large doses of facetiousness. YMMV, of course. You are "on your own", and I take no responsibility if someone tries anything in this post and gets into trouble with the law, damages their person or property, or goes blind. Take everything you read or hear "anywhere" butt especially on the Web with a large dose of salt.

cpmodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #17
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Tool Kit Primer

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...15&postcount=1

-cp

DISCLAIMER: All observations made in this post are mine and based solely on my own anecdotal experiences, and may contain large doses of facetiousness. YMMV, of course. You are "on your own", and I take no responsibility if someone tries anything in this post and gets into trouble with the law, damages their person or property, or goes blind. Take everything you read or hear "anywhere" butt especially on the Web with a large dose of salt.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #18
DeeGee
I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz

Oddometer: 1,832
Facet Fuel Pump Supplies In The UK

I struggled for a long time trying to source a facet in the UK. I finally found one and they stock the 40171 plus all the brass fixings and filters.

Click here

Hope you find it useful.
DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #19
sproot
Sturdy Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee
I struggled for a long time trying to source a facet in the UK. I finally found one and they stock the 40171 plus all the brass fixings and filters.

Click here

Hope you find it useful.
They're also available here and here, even though they're not shown in the respective online shops.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #20
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Newest addition to the HOW

DIY: ABS Removal
http://ktm950.info/how/Brakes/abs_re...s_removal.html

-cp

Old 02-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #21
Roughidle
Super Star Destroyer....

Oddometer: 1,494
With a new riding season for North America quickly approaching, and the hughe influx of noobs with repeat questions (I was totally one of these guys at one point) I figured some back ground info would help. (I hope this is ok to post here, if not my BAD)

When you ask: "what is best" your going to get different answers each time.
Some things are pretty easy to sort out, say which after market clutch slave to buy.

But others such as tires, or pipes, or windshields are much....much more subjective.

When I bought my 950 I tried to soak up as much info from this forum as possible (and the HOW).

While I cannot guarantee the existence of a single individual who is "mr. 9X0" I can say without hesitation that every question you could possible have about one of these bikes has been answered here.

Every thing I have done to my 950, every problem I have encountered, and every solution have come from this forum. I have found out about recalls and issues through the OC that even dealers in my area didn't know about. I cannot understate the value of this resource to a new 9X0 owner.

My advice would be that you sit down with your list of questions and spend some time reading/ searching this forum. There are 9X0 owners here who have wondered the same things you have. So just search, read, and decide for yourself.

You will discover that questions about Tires, Oil, windshields, heated grips, pipes, suspension, and seats have all been covered in great detail, I can promise you that if you write a post that says something like "what is the best oil for my new 990?" or "how to properly break in this bike?" you will get responses from newer members, but those who have been around will just post a link to an existing thread.

When in doubt, and the built in search engine fails you (it will) you can always use google to search a specific site, just type: site: www.advrider.com xxxxx and hit enter. replace the x's with your keyword and POW, results.

Incase you didn't know or realize it, the 9X0's are more the same year to year than they are different. And while suspension travel, and engine output have changed (especially with the addition of Fi) the majority of parts on a brand new 990r will work on a older 950 and the other way around. As such most of the solutions to problems, or modifications you want to make will work across the board. So if you find an answer to a question about oil or tires or the like, and the bike in question in the thread is an 04' 950, chances are the solution found in the thread will work for you.

As suggested above, read, ride, enjoy.

Roughidle screwed with this post 02-05-2011 at 04:18 PM
Roughidle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #22
Smedley
sshhh, don't tell my wife

Oddometer: 150
Found the steering head bearings as:
29mm X 50.25mm X 14mm Taper roller bearing
Timken part numbers L45449/L45410

This is what I got from H of W on wheel bearings:
Front-
(2) 6906 bearings
(2) 35x47x7 seals
60009013000 spacer r/s
60009012000 spacer l/s

Rear-
(2) 6205 bearings
3206 bearing {2006 and newer use (2) 6006 bearings}
30x52x7 seal brake side
7206AVH seal sprocket side {2006 and newer use 6006AV}
60010013000 spacer r/s {2006 and newer use 60110013000}
60010012000 spacer l/s {2006 and newer use 60110012000}
NOTE: 2006 and newer models use a different rear hub and sprocket support

I also suggest replacing:
(6) 54610459000 damping rubbers

2004 950 Adventure (Thanks SASR)

2009 KLR 650
Smedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #23
robdogg
turnip truck driver

Oddometer: 1,698
how come no entry on the index page about immobilzer issues with 990?

like this one

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648800
John 5:24

CMA Fast Lane Forums
robdogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #24
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 2,962
FI fuel pump filters - low cost replacement

Inmate Gefr has managed to get the fuel filters used on the fuel injected LC8 machines manufactured and selling them over here in the vendors forum. KTM sells these filters for 150$ including a few othe bits n pieces which you mostly won't need so his product is a steal !!
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote