Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #61
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium

Oddometer: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Dark Handsome View Post
Nice job floarint that front wheel SDH! How does it handle at higher speeds 60mph+ ?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #62
Short Dark Handsome
dr650

Oddometer: 36
High speeds

Little vibration. Stable. Good wind protection.
Short Dark Handsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #63
NorCal Dog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
FINALLY got the XRR back on the road today

may I say I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS FAIRING !!!

put close to 60 miles on it today, & got some time in on the slab at speed ( 65/85 ) & it takes ALL the wind pressure & buffeting off your chest/helmet

ya know, i liked riding this pig before,, now will probably be on this more than my Harley

i'll post up some photos shortly
NorCal Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #64
kajj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
ADVersys update

Just wanted to post a few pics of the bike. I didn`t paint the fairing, I painted the side cowlings instead
The fairing works perfect

kajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #65
jessehere
Ridin'

Oddometer: 764
looks great on the versys
jessehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #66
BrainBender
Bounty Hunter

Oddometer: 378
Question

How can you see? Looks too tall to see over. Does look great though.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:55 AM   #67
kajj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainBender View Post
How can you see? Looks too tall to see over. Does look great though.
hehe. My chin is in about he same height as the top of the fairing. So there`s no problem seeing over it.

In fact this screen has improved my riding as I now have to look further ahead

I did tend to look to close to the front wheel when riding offroad earlier.
kajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #68
NorCal Dog
Adventurer

here's a couple of photos

i've got it set up with a Kisan modulator on the M60 high beam, & a Skene P3 on the ass end
Old 07-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #69
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium

Looking saweet man You did a great job on the dash and putting both your bikes together.

Your end result is exactly as you described it when we talked

I need to scope out the Skene and M60 options you put on there.

Ride On Brother!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dog View Post
here's a couple of photos

i've got it set up with a Kisan modulator on the M60 high beam, & a Skene P3 on the ass end
Old 07-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #70
NorCal Dog
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiMhi View Post
Looking saweet man You did a great job on the dash and putting both your bikes together.

Your end result is exactly as you described it when we talked

I need to scope out the Skene and M60 options you put on there.

Ride On Brother!!

thanks for the compliment

i've got close to 500 miles on the pig since last week & i'm totally satisfied with you're fairing

i'm running two dimmers on the front led's ( man, them suckers is bright ) with the Kisan P115W headlight modulator & let me tell you, people SEE you with this setup, i've had cars literally change lanes & let me pass while running the modulator, i have them on both bikes & wouldn't ride without them

& on the ass end i put the Skene P3 tail light / brake light / turn signal lighting system & it totally lights it up when i hit the brakes

definitely do check them both out

also,

might be interested in the rack that you're running, ( with a couple of mods of course ) if i could talk ya into whipping one out

pm me if you'd be interested
Old 07-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #71
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dog View Post
thanks for the compliment

i've got close to 500 miles on the pig since last week & i'm totally satisfied with you're fairing

i'm running two dimmers on the front led's ( man, them suckers is bright ) with the Kisan P115W headlight modulator & let me tell you, people SEE you with this setup, i've had cars literally change lanes & let me pass while running the modulator, i have them on both bikes & wouldn't ride without them

& on the ass end i put the Skene P3 tail light / brake light / turn signal lighting system & it totally lights it up when i hit the brakes

definitely do check them both out

also,

might be interested in the rack that you're running, ( with a couple of mods of course ) if i could talk ya into whipping one out

pm me if you'd be interested

The rack - that is a tough one my friend, at least my "Arachna Rack" which is not a simple little 4 bolt hookup rack.
Basically there is two parts to it and it is a one-off. I built my own steel subframe to replace the aluminium POS and then I built the rack. This bike in particular have around 18 connection points if I recall correctly (other things connect to the rack) and it is not simmetrical. I recommend to check out the Globetrottin Rack but thanks for asking:
http://shop.globetrottin.com/category.sc?categoryId=14
Old 08-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #72
aksinha88
YETI ADV RIDER

Oddometer: 86
Eek

Man, I wish I had seen this thread earlier. Got sick and tired of the stock and boring aftermarket windshield that are available for the XR650L. Started fabricating my own about a week ago in hopes of coming up with a good fiberglass piece. Hopefully mine comes out as awesome as this. Here are some build pics

P.S- Never worked with fiberglass before so any leads and tips would be appreciated

http://www.facebook.com/YetiAdventures
aksinha88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #73
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 883
Got it on last night

And rode the bike 100 miles today. AWESOME. I experienced a bit of uncomfortable buffeting from the top of the fairing, and also noticed a bit of extra road noise that seemed to come from reflection of engine noise.

However, I think with the top 2-3 inches cut off, this fairing is going to kick ass. It's solid as a rock on the highway at speeds, cuts wind very well, and is very impressive looking from the front.

I didn't do the best of jobs doing the cut-out for the front headlight, but it doesn't look too bad. I'm STOKED.

Here's a picture of the fairing on the front of my 2009 DR650se. I don't have the carbon fiber dash plate up yet. But it'll come.

bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #74
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksinha88 View Post
Man, I wish I had seen this thread earlier. Got sick and tired of the stock and boring aftermarket windshield that are available for the XR650L. Started fabricating my own about a week ago in hopes of coming up with a good fiberglass piece. Hopefully mine comes out as awesome as this. Here are some build pics

P.S- Never worked with fiberglass before so any leads and tips would be appreciated

Nice man and great job taking initiative!!!

You are welcome to call me to chat about it and I can give you some pointers and some important points of safety. My number is on my website www.aimhi-enduro.com

Sorry for the delay - just came back from the Rocky Mountain Adventure Rally in Silverton CO - OMG that place is heaven for riding - people reading this YOU NEED TO ATTEND NEXT YEAR. Besides the riding we gave away
$10 000 worth of freebie prizes anything from $1000 Klim Jackets, iPads to keychains!
Later - B
Old 08-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #75
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post
And rode the bike 100 miles today. AWESOME. I experienced a bit of uncomfortable buffeting from the top of the fairing, and also noticed a bit of extra road noise that seemed to come from reflection of engine noise.

However, I think with the top 2-3 inches cut off, this fairing is going to kick ass. It's solid as a rock on the highway at speeds, cuts wind very well, and is very impressive looking from the front.

I didn't do the best of jobs doing the cut-out for the front headlight, but it doesn't look too bad. I'm STOKED.

Here's a picture of the fairing on the front of my 2009 DR650se. I don't have the carbon fiber dash plate up yet. But it'll come.

Thanks for posting up bigalsmith101

Looks good man, yeah if you trim it down a bit it works fine as well, I took 2 inches off and im 6ft4.5

You need to tag that thing with some paint! My vote is matte black. I actually tag mine with a gloss enamel, let it dry really well (1 day) and then tag it with a clear matte or just use matter paint.

My long term plan is to design another fairing over the winter and apply lessons learnt and ...... well you will just have to wait and see

Ride on