ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #61
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium
 
aiMhi's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: SODE- Colorado
Oddometer: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Dark Handsome View Post
Nice job floarint that front wheel SDH! How does it handle at higher speeds 60mph+ ?
__________________
aiMhi - Honda XR650R - AMA- RMAR
aiMhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #62
Short Dark Handsome
dr650
 
Short Dark Handsome's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Minnesota
Oddometer: 36
High speeds

Little vibration. Stable. Good wind protection.
Short Dark Handsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #63
NorCal Dog
Adventurer
 
NorCal Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Oddometer: 44
FINALLY got the XRR back on the road today

may I say I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS FAIRING !!!



put close to 60 miles on it today, & got some time in on the slab at speed ( 65/85 ) & it takes ALL the wind pressure & buffeting off your chest/helmet

ya know, i liked riding this pig before,, now will probably be on this more than my Harley

i'll post up some photos shortly
NorCal Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #64
kajj
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kajj's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: In northern Sweden
Oddometer: 191
ADVersys update

Just wanted to post a few pics of the bike. I didn`t paint the fairing, I painted the side cowlings instead
The fairing works perfect


kajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #65
jessehere
Ridin'
 
jessehere's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Jersey(EXIT 10)
Oddometer: 764
looks great on the versys
jessehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #66
BrainBender
Bounty Hunter
 
BrainBender's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: West Middlesex, Pa 16159
Oddometer: 378
Question

How can you see? Looks too tall to see over. Does look great though.
__________________
LESS SOUND EQUALS MORE GROUND!
BrainBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:55 AM   #67
kajj
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kajj's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: In northern Sweden
Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainBender View Post
How can you see? Looks too tall to see over. Does look great though.
hehe. My chin is in about he same height as the top of the fairing. So there`s no problem seeing over it.

In fact this screen has improved my riding as I now have to look further ahead

I did tend to look to close to the front wheel when riding offroad earlier.
kajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #68
NorCal Dog
Adventurer
 
NorCal Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Oddometer: 44
here's a couple of photos






i've got it set up with a Kisan modulator on the M60 high beam, & a Skene P3 on the ass end
NorCal Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #69
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium
 
aiMhi's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: SODE- Colorado
Oddometer: 680
Looking saweet man You did a great job on the dash and putting both your bikes together.

Your end result is exactly as you described it when we talked

I need to scope out the Skene and M60 options you put on there.

Ride On Brother!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dog View Post
here's a couple of photos






i've got it set up with a Kisan modulator on the M60 high beam, & a Skene P3 on the ass end
__________________
aiMhi - Honda XR650R - AMA- RMAR
aiMhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #70
NorCal Dog
Adventurer
 
NorCal Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiMhi View Post
Looking saweet man You did a great job on the dash and putting both your bikes together.

Your end result is exactly as you described it when we talked

I need to scope out the Skene and M60 options you put on there.

Ride On Brother!!

thanks for the compliment

i've got close to 500 miles on the pig since last week & i'm totally satisfied with you're fairing

i'm running two dimmers on the front led's ( man, them suckers is bright ) with the Kisan P115W headlight modulator & let me tell you, people SEE you with this setup, i've had cars literally change lanes & let me pass while running the modulator, i have them on both bikes & wouldn't ride without them

& on the ass end i put the Skene P3 tail light / brake light / turn signal lighting system & it totally lights it up when i hit the brakes

definitely do check them both out

also,

might be interested in the rack that you're running, ( with a couple of mods of course ) if i could talk ya into whipping one out

pm me if you'd be interested
NorCal Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #71
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium
 
aiMhi's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: SODE- Colorado
Oddometer: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dog View Post
thanks for the compliment

i've got close to 500 miles on the pig since last week & i'm totally satisfied with you're fairing

i'm running two dimmers on the front led's ( man, them suckers is bright ) with the Kisan P115W headlight modulator & let me tell you, people SEE you with this setup, i've had cars literally change lanes & let me pass while running the modulator, i have them on both bikes & wouldn't ride without them

& on the ass end i put the Skene P3 tail light / brake light / turn signal lighting system & it totally lights it up when i hit the brakes

definitely do check them both out

also,

might be interested in the rack that you're running, ( with a couple of mods of course ) if i could talk ya into whipping one out

pm me if you'd be interested

The rack - that is a tough one my friend, at least my "Arachna Rack" which is not a simple little 4 bolt hookup rack.
Basically there is two parts to it and it is a one-off. I built my own steel subframe to replace the aluminium POS and then I built the rack. This bike in particular have around 18 connection points if I recall correctly (other things connect to the rack) and it is not simmetrical. I recommend to check out the Globetrottin Rack but thanks for asking:
http://shop.globetrottin.com/category.sc?categoryId=14
__________________
aiMhi - Honda XR650R - AMA- RMAR
aiMhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #72
aksinha88
YETI ADV RIDER
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Watertown, NY
Oddometer: 86
Eek

Man, I wish I had seen this thread earlier. Got sick and tired of the stock and boring aftermarket windshield that are available for the XR650L. Started fabricating my own about a week ago in hopes of coming up with a good fiberglass piece. Hopefully mine comes out as awesome as this. Here are some build pics

P.S- Never worked with fiberglass before so any leads and tips would be appreciated

__________________
YETI ADV RIDER


http://www.facebook.com/YetiAdventures
aksinha88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #73
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer
 
bigalsmith101's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Lake Stevens, WA
Oddometer: 883
Got it on last night

And rode the bike 100 miles today. AWESOME. I experienced a bit of uncomfortable buffeting from the top of the fairing, and also noticed a bit of extra road noise that seemed to come from reflection of engine noise.

However, I think with the top 2-3 inches cut off, this fairing is going to kick ass. It's solid as a rock on the highway at speeds, cuts wind very well, and is very impressive looking from the front.

I didn't do the best of jobs doing the cut-out for the front headlight, but it doesn't look too bad. I'm STOKED.

Here's a picture of the fairing on the front of my 2009 DR650se. I don't have the carbon fiber dash plate up yet. But it'll come.





bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #74
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium
 
aiMhi's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: SODE- Colorado
Oddometer: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksinha88 View Post
Man, I wish I had seen this thread earlier. Got sick and tired of the stock and boring aftermarket windshield that are available for the XR650L. Started fabricating my own about a week ago in hopes of coming up with a good fiberglass piece. Hopefully mine comes out as awesome as this. Here are some build pics

P.S- Never worked with fiberglass before so any leads and tips would be appreciated




Nice man and great job taking initiative!!!

You are welcome to call me to chat about it and I can give you some pointers and some important points of safety. My number is on my website www.aimhi-enduro.com



Sorry for the delay - just came back from the Rocky Mountain Adventure Rally in Silverton CO - OMG that place is heaven for riding - people reading this YOU NEED TO ATTEND NEXT YEAR. Besides the riding we gave away
$10 000 worth of freebie prizes anything from $1000 Klim Jackets, iPads to keychains!
Later - B
__________________
aiMhi - Honda XR650R - AMA- RMAR
aiMhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #75
aiMhi OP
Now with Titanium
 
aiMhi's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: SODE- Colorado
Oddometer: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post
And rode the bike 100 miles today. AWESOME. I experienced a bit of uncomfortable buffeting from the top of the fairing, and also noticed a bit of extra road noise that seemed to come from reflection of engine noise.

However, I think with the top 2-3 inches cut off, this fairing is going to kick ass. It's solid as a rock on the highway at speeds, cuts wind very well, and is very impressive looking from the front.

I didn't do the best of jobs doing the cut-out for the front headlight, but it doesn't look too bad. I'm STOKED.

Here's a picture of the fairing on the front of my 2009 DR650se. I don't have the carbon fiber dash plate up yet. But it'll come.






Thanks for posting up bigalsmith101

Looks good man, yeah if you trim it down a bit it works fine as well, I took 2 inches off and im 6ft4.5

You need to tag that thing with some paint! My vote is matte black. I actually tag mine with a gloss enamel, let it dry really well (1 day) and then tag it with a clear matte or just use matter paint.

My long term plan is to design another fairing over the winter and apply lessons learnt and ...... well you will just have to wait and see

Ride on
__________________
aiMhi - Honda XR650R - AMA- RMAR
aiMhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014