Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #31
SportFaller
Dirt dont hurt, MUCH

Oddometer: 664
anyone using HDB guards with a mirage 2 fairing? I really want to make the switch, but am worried about clearance.
SportFaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:24 AM   #32
everett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
I just bought a set of guards for my WRR and want to know if any one has the anti-vibe inserts installed on there bike. I'm wondering if it's worth the money.
everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #33
KSP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Have sets on both the F800GS and DRZ 400 and they are great. The mirrors are alright but I mainly ride trails to not really an issue. F800GS has a Relle Moto damper and the DRZ has a Scott and no problems. I really like the led turn signals. I opted for the adv top clamp and it is a handy way to store the powerlets etc. Very happy with them. Plus they have handled the abuse of a fall.
KSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #34
everett
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSP View Post
Have sets on both the F800GS and DRZ 400 and they are great. The mirrors are alright but I mainly ride trails to not really an issue. F800GS has a Relle Moto damper and the DRZ has a Scott and no problems. I really like the led turn signals. I opted for the adv top clamp and it is a handy way to store the powerlets etc. Very happy with them. Plus they have handled the abuse of a fall.
I guess I was not clear. I bought the whole handguard set up with turn signals. My question is, DOES ANYONE HAVE THE ANTI-VIBE INSERTS THAT PAUL SELLS??? I know it's a great set up that's why I bought it. just wondering if I should spend The extra $50
everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #35
BRUTSQD
2 scoops of stupid

Oddometer: 239
Curious about this as well.. Just ordered mine, can't wait for them to get here and I'm hoping for the best with the mirrors.
BRUTSQD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #36
rediRrakaD
Whoopdie do

Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by everett View Post
I guess I was not clear. I bought the whole handguard set up with turn signals. My question is, DOES ANYONE HAVE THE ANTI-VIBE INSERTS THAT PAUL SELLS??? I know it's a great set up that's why I bought it. just wondering if I should spend The extra $50
Yes,
I have the full set up. Inserts work fine. Mirrors, I have no issues with.
Takes a few rides to get used to.
15k miles later I'm a happy customer!
Crashed the F8 hard earlier this year (40+ down on concrete 50' slide to dirt)and the system worked great. Few battle scars, but my clutch lever was fine, bars are still straight.

Cheers,
S.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:18 AM   #37
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.

Oddometer: 2,041
What is the purpose of the mount system that extends across the entire handlebar? It obviously weighs quite a bit, so there must be a benefit.

Fred
FredRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #38
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
What is the purpose of the mount system that extends across the entire handlebar? It obviously weighs quite a bit, so there must be a benefit.

Fred
Unlike bar clamps this mount doesn't twist and rotate in falls. It also stiffens up the whole handlebar so it doesn't bend as easily.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #39
brianhinfl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Just installed a set on my 650. Only had them for about a week but they've been great so far. Got everything mounted up in about 15 minutes and Paul was great to work with. Answered many of my silly pre-purchase questions.

Brian
brianhinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #40
BRUTSQD
2 scoops of stupid

Oddometer: 239
Finally got mine today and had them installed in nothing flat. Holy crap, these things are not only ruggedly handsome but as sturdy as it gets. I picked up both the mirrors as well and tried them out on freeway speeds. I honestly think they may have less vibration then the stock mirrors. Well done and thanks again Paul!
-T
BRUTSQD is offline   Reply With Quote