Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #16
mustardfj40
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Newbie here, can you please post a pic of the bleed screw, just want to to see where it is. Thanks.
mustardfj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #17
Hucker
Lost

Oddometer: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustardfj40 View Post
Newbie here, can you please post a pic of the bleed screw, just want to to see where it is. Thanks.
See the pic in post #6 in this thread.
Hucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #18
Conrad
Karlshuld

Oddometer: 209
Hey Bigalow, any updates?
Old 07-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #19
bigalow OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolos View Post
[FONT=Helvetica]I just had my 800GS (2010 18k miles) in for warranty repair of the coolant pump that was leaking more and more from the weep hole.
coolant pump? or are you referring to the tool used by the shop? I hope I don't have a larger issue than a simple flush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
Hey Bigalow, any updates?
the overheating issue was fixed when the dealership flushed the coolant system - at my expense.

After seeing the above information, I may have to attempt that on my own in the future. I emailed corporate regarding my two issues and got a form mail back stating that someone would call me. No one has...

To top things off, the dealership was less than professional and in no way helpful when I picked up my bike yesterday. They told me they needed 10-15 to 'put the bike back together' when I came to get it and that they would come get me when it was ready. They let me sit there for an hour before I ended up asking them for a update on it. They were like 'uh, yeah, I think it's ready.' Awesome service there at Foothills BMW ::: sarcasm :::
bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #20
Jooka
I grow everywhere

Oddometer: 28
Sorry to read about these problems bigalow, sounds like you found out about the biggest one. Foothills BMW.
Jooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #21
bigalow OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooka View Post
Sorry to read about these problems bigalow, sounds like you found out about the biggest one. Foothills BMW.
thanks - Jooka

as a slight consolation, I delivered my bike over to BMW of Denver and they could not have been anymore professional and accommodating. They immediately earned my future business.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #22
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalow View Post
thanks - Jooka

as a slight consolation, I delivered my bike over to BMW of Denver and they could not have been anymore professional and accommodating. They immediately earned my future business.
So after all this crap you have experienced....I can only congratulate you on the now fantastic looking riding future you now have in the front of you. The bike will induce an extremely wide grin, and much fun is now ahead of you, as the bike is great....... But as with other bikes... they do break. I am stumped of the Fothills idiot decision, as this should clearly have been covered...... But now out of warranty..... Lots of people here can help. A few things.....to think of..... on every third tankful.....try to add one OZ of techron for each one gallon of gas... So about 4 oz. techron to a tankful.... That will keep the ethanol in check. Now go have some fun......

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #23
Conrad
Karlshuld

So....lemme see...Foothills BMW tells you that if you lay over a GS then the BMW Warranty is voided AND they tell you that your fuel pump is also not covered under the BMW Warranty because your fuel has too much ethanol in it AND now BMW Denver says that they probably can't get the BMW Warranty to cover it either since....what?.....why? Who is on your side?

Talk about Customer Service. Hell, this is so absurd that Honda might even step in to help, and in the process earn your future business.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #24
bigalow OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
So....lemme see...Foothills BMW tells you that if you lay over a GS then the BMW Warranty is voided AND they tell you that your fuel pump is also not covered under the BMW Warranty because your fuel has too much ethanol in it AND now BMW Denver says that they probably can't get the BMW Warranty to cover it either since....what?.....why? Who is on your side?

Talk about Customer Service. Hell, this is so absurd that Honda might even step in to help, and in the process earn your future business.
yeah - not very impressed with how BMW has handled my 2 issues these past two weeks. Just to add to your recap - corporate has not directly replied to the email I sent them 4 days ago. I have only received a email that stated that a customer service manager that I spoke to earlier in the week would return a call to me. That still hasn't happened, nor did her attitude the 1st time I spoke with her give me much hope for this next conversation we are supposedly going to have.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #25
Ducksbane
Quaaack!!!

Oddometer: 1,153
Quote:
yeah - not very impressed with how BMW has handled my 2 issues these past two weeks. Just to add to your recap - corporate has not directly replied to the email I sent them 4 days ago. I have only received a email that stated that a customer service manager that I spoke to earlier in the week would return a call to me. That still hasn't happened, nor did her attitude the 1st time I spoke with her give me much hope for this next conversation we are supposedly going to have.
Post up the appropriate email address if you don't hear from them soon, and a few of us might email them to ask what is going on!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #26
bigalow OP
Adventurer

update:

A BMW Motorrad Customer Service rep called today. She said she needed to look into the situation a bit more and would get back to me. I have spoken to her in the past and she told me then that it is more or less the dealership and the regional rep that make the call for coverage. At least she was able to verify that date-wise, the bike was in the shop for this issue prior to the warranty expiration date, as long as they deem the problem a warranty elegible issue.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #27
bigalow OP
Adventurer

update #2:

BMW Motorrad USA just denied any work on the bike - due to the fact that "there are too few miles on it." I took the bike to BMW of Denver and they were wanting to fix it under warranty and said that there was no reason that it shouldn't be covered. However, they were informed that they can't because there is a mystery regional BMW representative that supposedly looked at the bike at Foothills who is "the ultimate authority on warranty coverage issues" who actually denied the work from being performed. I'm not sure what there was to look at when there was a bubble in the coolant (1st issue) or a fuel pump gone bad (2nd issue).

Denver BMW had never heard of such a person and told me they were just as surprised about the denial of the coverage as I was. The only reason that they can not repair the bike under warranty is that BMW will not reimburse them for the parts/labor.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #28
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,673
Quote:
update #2:

BMW Motorrad USA just denied any work on the bike - due to the fact that "there are too few miles on it." I took the bike to BMW of Denver and they were wanting to fix it under warranty and said that there was no reason that it shouldn't be covered. However, they were informed that they can't because there is a mystery regional BMW representative that supposedly looked at the bike at Foothills who is "the ultimate authority on warranty coverage issues" who actually denied the work from being performed. I'm not sure what there was to look at when there was a bubble in the coolant (1st issue) or a fuel pump gone bad (2nd issue).

Denver BMW had never heard of such a person and told me they were just as surprised about the denial of the coverage as I was. The only reason that they can not repair the bike under warranty is that BMW will not reimburse them for the parts/labor.
One word...... Attorney.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #29
bigalow OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
One word...... Attorney.
+ Better Business Bureau
Old 08-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #30
Conrad
Karlshuld

Sad, sad commentary on BMW Motorrad . If they are going to stick by some decision made by a person no one knows exists, and that you cannot call to discuss, and that you cannot appeal to, then move forward with the Better Business Bureau and other media outlets.

If I ran my business this way, I'd be out of business.