Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #16
jetjackson OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490

You can see the rounded part just below the seat of the bearing... that shouldn't be there and is where the flange off the inner sleeve carved out that shape into the hub... luckily the seat wasn't damaged.

And we got the bearing in :)

The guy hammers a circlip back into shape because as he says there is no chance we will be able to find one.
jetjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #17
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,990
I find the pic interesting due to the amount of balance weight I see stuck on the wheel.
Was the wheel tough to balance? Maybe that could indicate a problem with the construction of the wheel?
Just curious.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #18
jetjackson OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Yeah when I got new tyres put on in Spain it took the guy forever to balance the wheel. Prior to that it did not have as many balance weights, maybe half as many.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #19
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjackson View Post
Yeah when I got new tyres put on in Spain it took the guy forever to balance the wheel. Prior to that it did not have as many balance weights, maybe half as many.
Maybe Woody could tell us if that is some sort of a sign that things are going wrong?
Old 07-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #20
Sleepy John
Grumpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,723
At least you didn't lose any of the important bits!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Sleepy John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #21
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
Hey man,

Glad to see that you got it sorted! No worries, I'll hold on to my spare rim for the next month in case you do end up needing it.

That exact weekend you are planning to be in Vienna I am actually riding down to the south of Austria (Carinthia / Kärnten) to meet up with a couple of other bikers. I am going to take the scenic route down there on Thursday afternoon if you want to join? You could either ride back to Vienna on Friday or hang with us for the weekend and check out the best riding in the area, including Slovenia and the North of Italy.

Let me know!

Cheers
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #22
woody's wheel works
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,307
it"s a small world after all !!!!!

well,,waht a crazy little thread this has been,,,,

just returned from Saigon ,,burned out from 3 months on the road,,,happenstance or perhaps there is no-thing by 'chance',,,,in this crazy dance,,,i had such sporadic wi-fi service,,that it was like viewing the world below flying home through these incredible cumulus clouds and like my brief glimpses of the earth below ,,i'd check-int o see how my fellow inmates were doing,,,

how i happened to learn of jetjackson's plight eludes me at he moment,,,i can't even remember just where i posted some suggestions,,ijetjackson PMd me too and gave more advice from that venue,,and never heard from him again,,,

his dad PMd me and thanked me for helping his kid out,,,,so just got to the shop to see what's new...

and when i see that brother Lukas M is the mystery man willing to sell n send a wheel to jetjackson,,i
because we've been doing wheel business while this saga was playing out

and that jet got to meet my buddy filosof and the fact that you all connected,,,,hope nya got a pic of his ugly mug

found another link to FILOSOF holiday service in pi picassa album
https://picasaweb.google.com/1080222...37619955966802

wonder if that is his gig??just curious,,,so her we are keeping the karmic ball moving in a benevolent direction,,,with magical results

man allof us chiming in here were in many different corners of the globe,,,

it's apleasure playing big with you ..\and

it truly is a small world after all...!!1

woody
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:31 PM   #23
jetjackson OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier Woody, I thought you were reading this thread. Again, cheers for the help.

That is definitely Genna's bike, check out picture above. We went for a ride and a coffee. Crazy guy, talked ages about riding and life in general. His thoughts about how Russians differ from other Westerners.

At the moment his business is something to do with marble/glass finishes. His English is still getting there so we had a very disjointed conversation - he tries hard though. I need to learn some Russian.

Still trying to find the video of him sewing his own belly up with tooth floss after a fight in Australia.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:53 PM   #24
jetjackson OP
Gnarly Adventurer

http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v13528355920

Found the video here... makes the rest of us seem like ladies in comparison.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:33 AM   #25
woody's wheel works
Built to Last

alls well,that ends well,,,

Quote:
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier Woody, I thought you were reading this thread. Again, cheers for the help.

That is definitely Genna's bike, check out picture above. We went for a ride and a coffee. Crazy guy, talked ages about riding and life in general. His thoughts about how Russians differ from other Westerners.

At the moment his business is something to do with marble/glass finishes. His English is still getting there so we had a very disjointed conversation - he tries hard though. I need to learn some Russian.

Still trying to find the video of him sewing his own belly up with tooth floss after a fight in Australia.
OHHH WOW !!!,,there they are the man n same machine that came limping into my shop several years ago,,,fuck,,,i'm getting a lump in my throat

got his current contact info??? tried posting on his blog,,he wrote up some good stuff ,,,did he wear his death mask helmet with the machete slash across it???,,,did ya dig them scars???,,one was from a bar fight in ozzieland,,,the other from when three africans with machetes headed for him where he parked to set up camp,,,now get this,,,heeding his friends advice he carried no guns with him,,,his friend said ''take this instead'',,,and hands him a pick ax handle !! ,,,Filosof/Gennady/Genna fashions a holster for it along his fork leg,,,

,,,as they approached he sensed trouble,,grabs his pick ax handle,,positions himself behind his bike,,,the guy on the right heads for him first ,,and as he raise his arm,,,genna slams a home run onto the guys for arm sending him yowling to the ground,,,,swings around and hammers the second guy with another homer,,,this gave the third guy just enough time to plant a strike across genna's helmet and face but not enough time to elude genna's next smash across his knees,,,so within a flash he dispatched the three aggressors who lay writhing on the ground pissing n moaning,,he told em to shut up,,they didn't so he gave em a few more wacks in special places to make sure thay had something to whine about,,not to mention having a lil extra insurance so that they wouldn't bother him for awhile

,,,so he packs up,,heads back into town,get's a room and by candlelight re-fashions a big needle from his sewing kit into a J with his needle nose on his Weatherman,,get's some dental floss and begins patching the 3'' slash on his cheek

and you'll see all that here:
http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v13528355920

MY kinda MAN

the ozzieland adventure incident is for another time,,,it's about what a man has gotta do to make some dough to keep up with the flow,,,,
ok ,,,
keep flying far n well
and thanks for sharing your journey,,
OBTW,,i rode that sea of motorbikes in Saigon,,,oh man did i ride that sea !!!,,,

woody

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 08-01-2012 at 06:50 AM
Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #26
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
he gave em a few more wacks in special places to make sure thay had something to whine about
Maybe we should take up a collection and hire him to go to Spandau and do the same to those responsible for the hub and bearing problems?
And while he's there he can visit the guy who designed the seat, too.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #27
jetjackson OP
Gnarly Adventurer

He is ALL that is man! Seriously.

Awesome guy, meeting him will be on the highlights of the trip so thanks again for the hookup.

I will PM you his current contact details. If you go back to the root section of the Picasa web album you can see all his photos. He is a pretty damn good photographer also.

I only got a bit of the story from him, so glad you could elaborate.

I am sure Genna would be more than happy to head to Spandau and dole out some punishment if we funded the trip for him. I doubt anyone would ever deny that man a warranty claim if he turned up to the dealership in person.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #28
woody's wheel works
Built to Last

Quote:
He is ALL that is man! Seriously.

Awesome guy, meeting him will be on the highlights of the trip so thanks again for the hookup.

I will PM you his current contact details. If you go back to the root section of the Picasa web album you can see all his photos. He is a pretty damn good photographer also.

I only got a bit of the story from him, so glad you could elaborate.

I am sure Genna would be more than happy to head to Spandau and dole out some punishment if we funded the trip for him. I doubt anyone would ever deny that man a warranty claim if he turned up to the dealership in person.
hi jet,,,somewhere we posted that link ,,i remembe rit was page #4 on the lower right hand corner which had an incredibly fine self portrait,,,,,

when he was in denver ,,after we repaired his wheels, he needed some warranty work done,,so they told him to leave his bike ,they'll get to it next week,,he came back all disappointed,,,so i took him back to the shop,,a few words with the owner and Voila,,he was next in line

one thing i learned in life "It's far better to have PULL than to PUSH !''

they were able to handle some of the glitches,,however couldn't figure out something with his fuel sensor or whatever..they'd need more time ,,call in the local service wizard,,,he wanted to get on the road,,well fed and rested,,he took off never to hear from him again...

you guys that want his services,,,i bet if ya sweet talk him into it,,,

which of course ,,helps me tell ya a bit about the ozzieland experience,,,

he's stuck somewhere in eastern australia,,,needs money to repair bike and move on,,,hears of deal that some biker club needs to start an incident in a bar with a neighboring biker gang moving into their turf,,,so he sez he wants $8k and promises to inflict some serious damage as a gesture of good will,,,so they settle on $5k,,done deal...

so sits in the aforementioned bar ,,the others show up,,go inside and start giving him shit,,,well,,,that's when ol Filosof/Gennady swings into action,,,from what he told me ,,it was a fantastic brawl,,he was having a helluva lot of fun,,cracking chairs over heads,,,,throwing tables,,and tossing guys out onto the street,,,when he realizes the guys that were supposed to back him up were no where to be seen,,,so he decides to make an early exit,,,that's when some guy smashes the bottom off a beer bottle and decides to give ol Filosof a little reminder of his afternoon,,,by slashing his face as he runs out the door for his bike,,,

he got outta there somehow,,blood pouring all over him,,,found some motel down the road,,and yes,,,go back to previous story,,,stitches him self up in the mirror,,,he does a nice job ,,neither time did he have complications,,,tended his wounds well,,pulled out his own stitches,,,he never got paid for his services but he sure got a good tale out of it,,,

My kinda guy

here's to ya gennady,,whereever you are!!!
na zdorovye !!!

woody

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 08-02-2012 at 02:59 AM