User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
MXP553 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Chasing Bridges

Spent a couple hours last night riding 60 miles of dirt/trail/back roads. Making my way to some of the area's Covered Bridges on the roads less traveled!

MXP553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
jdfog2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Hey man

I live in the vicinity (West Central Indiana)
And I don't know a single ADVRIDER in my area.

I get offers all the time to go on rides - mostly by "Pirate" looking dudes on chromed out loud and low bikes. And often to a bar. I never go! (Alcohol and motor vehicles don't mix with me)

Anyway - we should ride some time.

Take care
Jay
jdfog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
MXP553 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfog2 View Post
Hey man

I live in the vicinity (West Central Indiana)
And I don't know a single ADVRIDER in my area.

I get offers all the time to go on rides - mostly by "Pirate" looking dudes on chromed out loud and low bikes. And often to a bar. I never go! (Alcohol and motor vehicles don't mix with me)

Anyway - we should ride some time.

Take care
Jay
Pirates...LOL!!!!!!!!! Are you off weekends? I can ride most weekends. PM me your number.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
MXP553 OP
Adventurer

Old 08-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
jdfog2
Gnarly Adventurer

I am - PM on the way!

You liked the Pirates reference haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXP553 View Post
Pirates...LOL!!!!!!!!! Are you off weekends? I can ride most weekends. PM me your number.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
MXP553 OP
Adventurer

YARRRR!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
Fullcyc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Hello MXP553,
I just subscribed to your thread. It looks like a great start to what could become an awesome thread. I enjoy chasing bridges myself and am fairly close to your area so I'll be watching to see how many of your bridges I can add to my ever-growing bucket list... I have just recently gotten back in the saddle after (30) long years of being lost in a cage so I have a lot of catching up to do.

I had to laugh at jdfog2's comment about the ( "Pirate" looking dudes on chromed out loud and low bikes. ) as I somewhat resemble that remark, with my long hair and riding a chromed out Harley Sportster, although my bike isn't too awfully loud and I would never ride it to a bar.

I'm usually riding two-up with my Ol'lady on the weekends, although I do ride alone sometimes, and we enjoy getting out on the back roads searching for the places that time has almost forgotten about. We'll take the Sporty just about any place it'll go without it " crying " and making too much of a fuss about and I look forward to possibly riding along with you, jdfog2, and any others that enjoy a good ride, in the near future.

I'll leave ya with these two photos of our most recent bridge that we have crossed off our list and hopefully it's one that you were not aware of and can add to your list... It's located on the Hendricks/Putnam county line and it's a fairly nice area with some good riding roads. ( 3949'50.47" N 8641'12.02" W )

View looking south:

View looking north:

The road has a bit of washboard gravel to the north and the McCloud Nature Park is located right around the corner just southeast of there. I believe there is also another old restored iron bridge located within the Nature park itself although it was simply way to hot for us to check it out the day we were there.

I look forward to viewing your thread and possibly hooking up some day.
Best of luck in your travels, Ride safe, & Have a great day, Jeff...

Ooops, P.S.> I also have a list, and somewhat of a route layed out, for about (15) bridges, ( Mostly Covered ), located in Putnam County if your interested in seeing them.

Fullcyc screwed with this post 08-02-2012 at 08:28 AM Reason: P.S.
Fullcyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
rchstar
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
I'll go...I'm a daily commuter from Indy west side to east. Ride most weekends !!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...91328&page=230
82 Honda VT750C Shadow; 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk
rchstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #9
jdfog2
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey Fullcyc

I am near this bridge often!

My motorcyle and my bridge content are related. I am a smallmouth bass fly fisherman and I wade fish creeks. This year is TOUGH though due to the lack of rain.

Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullcyc View Post
Hello MXP553,
I just subscribed to your thread. It looks like a great start to what could become an awesome thread. I enjoy chasing bridges myself and am fairly close to your area so I'll be watching to see how many of your bridges I can add to my ever-growing bucket list... I have just recently gotten back in the saddle after (30) long years of being lost in a cage so I have a lot of catching up to do.

I had to laugh at jdfog2's comment about the ( "Pirate" looking dudes on chromed out loud and low bikes. ) as I somewhat resemble that remark, with my long hair and riding a chromed out Harley Sportster, although my bike isn't too awfully loud and I would never ride it to a bar.

I'm usually riding two-up with my Ol'lady on the weekends, although I do ride alone sometimes, and we enjoy getting out on the back roads searching for the places that time has almost forgotten about. We'll take the Sporty just about any place it'll go without it " crying " and making too much of a fuss about and I look forward to possibly riding along with you, jdfog2, and any others that enjoy a good ride, in the near future.

I'll leave ya with these two photos of our most recent bridge that we have crossed off our list and hopefully it's one that you were not aware of and can add to your list... It's located on the Hendricks/Putnam county line and it's a fairly nice area with some good riding roads. ( 3949'50.47" N 8641'12.02" W )

View looking south:

View looking north:

The road has a bit of washboard gravel to the north and the McCloud Nature Park is located right around the corner just southeast of there. I believe there is also another old restored iron bridge located within the Nature park itself although it was simply way to hot for us to check it out the day we were there.

I look forward to viewing your thread and possibly hooking up some day.
Best of luck in your travels, Ride safe, & Have a great day, Jeff...

Ooops, P.S.> I also have a list, and somewhat of a route layed out, for about (15) bridges, ( Mostly Covered ), located in Putnam County if your interested in seeing them.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #10
rhino_adv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 627
subscribed!!

Brad
985+ Old Bridges in Missouri
PAVED ROADS...... ANOTHER PERFECT EXAMPLE OF NEEDLESS, SPENDING BY THE GOVERNMENT"
rhino_adv is offline   Reply With Quote