ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #76
2bikebart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
I rode the FMNF this evening after work - first time in weeks that I have seen puddles. It's after 10 so not sure if anyone is going to see this post in time. I am going to head out to the FMNF in the morning if anyone wants to meet me at the Sewee outpost on 17 around 8:30. Give me a call at 364-3501

Bart
2bikebart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #77
twistydave
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Sorry, I check this site with my phone often and seem to miss post here and there. I could do a morning ride tomorrow(sunday). I'll check back when I get off the water this afternoon. And yep with all this rain we should have some deep puddles in the Forest.

twistydave screwed with this post 07-14-2012 at 05:23 AM
twistydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #78
twistydave
Studly Adventurer

Kershaw track day

Looks like I'm heading up to Kershaw , http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/ for track day. It's 150 miles away just north/west of Columbia. It's 5 bucks for pit access and $185 to ride the track. http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/home Think I'm just going to poke around and have a look but who knows what's going to happen when I get there. tentsative plans is to leave 5:30, 6ish and return midday.. Come on...
Old 07-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #79
ob1quixote
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
I'm gonna ride tomorrow too, and y'all are welcome to join me. I dont foresee any dirt, but hey, sometimes it just work out that way.

Christmas in July Ride to benefit the vets at Veterans Hospital. Breakfast at Post 166 Goose Creek starts at 8:30am, KSU 11am. More important info on the flyer...

http://www.the-hotline.net/2012XmasInJuly.pdf
ob1quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #80
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Dragstrip

I got the cam cover on my KLR sealed up for now. If a few of you want to head up to Dorchester Dragway I'm ready to go. They open at 5pm according to their website. I wouldn't want to stay too long. We could ride some dirt or gravel after. Just an option, I'll try to check back here around 4pm and see if there is any response. God bless and best regards, Ken

I got to the dragstrip by 6 and they were drying it from rain, it was only $10 to enter plus $5 to run. Around 7 they had the track ready. I did 4 runs including a race lost to a Ninja. I had a hard time adjusting to the super sticky freshley glued track and felt like the bike was going to back-flip on each launch. The KLR is not a great dragstrip machine but at least I have a baseline now. BTD 9.439, leaves a lot of room for improvement.

BigWrench screwed with this post 07-17-2012 at 07:09 PM Reason: Updated
BigWrench is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #81
2bikebart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Mark, Ken and I are meeting at the gas station just outside Mt Pleasant on Hwy 41 and the Wando river at 8:30 Saturday morning and then heading into the forest if anyone else wants to join us. Hopefully the spiders will not be out but I will let someone else lead just incase!!!
2bikebart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #82
Okeedokee
Tiger Lover

Oddometer: 77
Bart:
Us CORRA boys will have the North loop closed in the AM doing some more grooming. The South will be open though.
2011 KTM 300-XC "Blazin Orange too"
Okeedokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #83
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Sold the WeeStrom, and he doesn't want the Heidenau ???

New rider, only interested in the Wee's street and touring capability. Since he's street only, the Heidenau was a waste on him. It has 2523 miles on and judging from wear to date, it should be good for at least 7500 more the way I ride. First $100 takes it ($180 new from Revzilla WHEN THEY CAN GET INVENTORY), I'll try to take some photos of it with a micrometer tomorrow, or just give me a call and I'll bring it by. It's the 150/70-17 with the center rib. I believe this is the size for the BMW GS800's through the late model GS1200's, and am sure it is the size for the Tiger 800's. Just ask Marsh Tiger how he likes his, or ask Ob1quixote how it hooks up in the dirt.

Oh, I should be picking up a 2009 Husky 610TE, so I WILL be making the weekend rides again SOON
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #84
Okeedokee
Tiger Lover

Got the tire installed today. Thanks Clint! Looks and rides good so far. I put a TKC-80 on the front. Now my Tiger looks like the beast she sounds like!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #85
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okeedokee View Post
Got the tire installed today. Thanks Clint! Looks and rides good so far. I put a TKC-80 on the front. Now my Tiger looks like the beast she sounds like!

I think you are gonna like that combo.
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #86
Okeedokee
Tiger Lover

Yep, me too. It seems to make sense. I'll find out early tomorrow AM when I hit the Francis Marion gravel roads
Old 08-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #87
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
It'll be an improvement on gravel for sure. But Sand is where you will really appreciate the combo. Have fun!

Hopefully I can ride next weekend with Y'all.
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:27 AM   #88
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
sat aug4 9am ride

I will be meeting 2bikebart and whoever else shows at 9 am at Hwy 41 and the wando river. There is a gas station at one end of the wando bridge we will meet at. Hope YOU can make it out this morning for a few hours. God bless and best regards, Ken King 843-873-7626
BigWrench is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #89
twistydave
Studly Adventurer

Horizon's unlimited rally Sept 6-9th

FYI

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/mee...SAEast2012.php

These are the guys that are living that dream of riding motorcycles for months and even years across the world. They have a couple of speakers that share there experience riding south america, asia, eastern europe etc....The rally is at Iron Horse Motorcycle lodge. http://ironhorsenc.com/ I'm heading up the Sept 5th or the evening of the 4th I'll ride to my mountain house in Saluda (233 miles from Hanahan) for the night and then make that great ride over to Iron horse and set up camp...Come one come all......PM me
Old 08-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #90
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Heidie and Husky

Wait till you get on a fast dirt road! The Heidie slides beautifully!
Just got back from riding "Bart’s Butt Buster" trail. Now I see why they kept falling last weekend. It's not single track, it's half track. Ken managed to keep his bars until he put down hits kickstand on the left side, then pushed the bike over on it's right. The Husky would have been great if I was about six feet tall. At least I now have a lighter bike I can pick back up with one leg!
See y'all tomorrow at tech day. Hope I didn't break anything today
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote