Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #76
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,452
I'm at work right now. It's dumb that I'm miss'n it.

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #77
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
What an amazing weekend. Thank you to all who came out in support of Josh. It was almost overwhelming at times in more ways than one, but in the end, hopefully it was a fun day for those that came. The moto community is incredible.
Here are a few sample pics of the weekend.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #78
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,552
Old 07-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #79
Gotlabs
Killing with kindness

Oddometer: 654
Bump!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #80
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi everyone. Been out of town for the past several days. My wife mailed all the T-shirts for those here on advrider who may have ordered them. If for any reason you do not receive them in the next few days, please let me know.

We've done our best to keep track of them all and gather addresses, but with all the craziness, something could fall through the cracks.

The bike has to be shipped by the end of this week. It's going to be a final big push to get everything completed and the bike crated. I'll post some brief updates of the progress and hope to breathe a little easier after this week is over.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #81
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknight View Post
What an amazing weekend. Thank you to all who came out in support of Josh. It was almost overwhelming at times in more ways than one, but in the end, hopefully it was a fun day for those that came. The moto community is incredible.
Here are a few sample pics of the weekend.

Josh,
With top-level support like this you are going to Walk it to day SIX
Dad, where is your DONATE button?
ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #82
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICERIDER View Post
Josh,
With top-level support like this you are going to Walk it to day SIX
Dad, where is your DONATE button?
I'm not sure how to add a "donate" button, but Josh's Pay Pal account for contributions is joshknightisde@gmail.com

Contributions are gladly accepted :)

Last Friday was another huge milestone. An update with pics is coming soon.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #83
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,763
Quote:
I'm not sure how to add a "donate" button, but Josh's Pay Pal account for contributions is joshknightisde@gmail.com

Contributions are gladly accepted :)

Last Friday was another huge milestone. An update with pics is coming soon.
Here ya go.

Copy and paste the code to your signature. Mouse on donate button. Right click. Inspect element. Copy from less then sign "form action" to "form" greater then sign.

Or create a new one here. https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...-intro-outside

frog screwed with this post 08-06-2012 at 09:45 AM
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #84
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Here ya go.

Thanks frog,

This button seems to work! Very clever how you do that. Just waiting for confirmation from Josh then we can start some 'cash-flow'.
ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #85
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICERIDER View Post
Thanks frog,

This button seems to work! Very clever how you do that. Just waiting for confirmation from Josh then we can start some 'cash-flow'.
I couldn't get the code to work because you can't have more than 800 characters in your signature line and the HTML code exceeds that. However, we still have a valid Pay Pal account established. It is:

JoshKnightISDE@gmail.com

Several fellow advriders have already made T-shirt payment/contributions and it is greatly appreciated.

With every $20 donation we will also send you one of Josh's ISDE T-shirts. Unfortunately we are down to primarily just Adult XL sizes.

Another great way to help is by buying a Tugger. This is a win-win. 100% of the proceeds are going to Josh, generously donated by Tugger. So if you don't want or have use for a T-shirt, but still want to get something in return, then buy a Tugger lift strap!

http://www.thetugger.com/Josh%20Knight/josh7.html
Old 08-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #86
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I couldn't get the code to work because you can't have more than 800 characters in your signature line and the HTML code exceeds that. However, we still have a valid Pay Pal account established. It is:

JoshKnightISDE@gmail.com

Several fellow advriders have already made T-shirt payment/contributions and it is greatly appreciated.

With every $20 donation we will also send you one of Josh's ISDE T-shirts. Unfortunately we are down to primarily just Adult XL sizes.

Another great way to help is by buying a Tugger. This is a win-win. 100% of the proceeds are going to Josh, generously donated by Tugger. So if you don't want or have use for a T-shirt, but still want to get something in return, then buy a Tugger lift strap!

http://www.thetugger.com/Josh%20Knight/josh7.html

Darn websites. You could put this in there and just write a description above it.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Just ordered a tugger. Just this past sat I was bitching my 525 didnt have anything to grab hold of as we hauled it back onto the trail.

frog screwed with this post 08-06-2012 at 04:51 PM
Old 08-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #87
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Just ordered a tugger. Just this past sat I was bitching my 525 didnt have anything to grab hold of as we hauled it back onto the trail.
Anybody with a 525 or 450 of the RFS variety (basically, pre-2008), let me know. We had a large donation of parts that all came off this style of bike.

I've got about a dozen full carbs (brand new), plastic, subframes, handguard mounts, Hinson clutch cover baskets, etc. It was all donated with the intent of selling it for funds for Josh. I just haven't had time since receiving it a few weeks ago, to get everything posted.

Frog....thanks for the Tugger purchase. It's truly a win-win. (Also...fyi, we sold the KLR and picked up a used Gas Gas 280 for some cross training so would love to get out for some trials riding sometime).
Old 08-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #88
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Anybody with a 525 or 450 of the RFS variety (basically, pre-2008), let me know. We had a large donation of parts that all came off this style of bike.

I've got about a dozen full carbs (brand new), plastic, subframes, handguard mounts, Hinson clutch cover baskets, etc. It was all donated with the intent of selling it for funds for Josh. I just haven't had time since receiving it a few weeks ago, to get everything posted.

Frog....thanks for the Tugger purchase. It's truly a win-win. (Also...fyi, we sold the KLR and picked up a used Gas Gas 280 for some cross training so would love to get out for some trials riding sometime).
Nice. I love my 280. I'll let you know next time I go. I think there is a meet at Jordan river in a couple weeks.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #89
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,383

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #90
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

When we last left off, we had just finished up Josh’s fundraiser. It was an incredible amount of work but worth it in many ways. Many people were very generous, but even more important and exciting was seeing how many people enjoyed the day and just came out to support Josh in whatever way they could.

Immediately after the fundraiser, we had a previously scheduled four day backpacking trip in the Wind Rivers mountain range of Wyoming. This doesn’t really have anything to do with riding, but in a way it does. This whole ISDE planning and preparation has pretty much taken over our lives. Josh and I were both really looking forward to 4 days in some of the most beautiful country in the world doing something non-moto related. I had the opportunity to spend the time with all 3 of my sons and several of their friends. It was priceless.

This entire experience has been a family experience and it was nice to spend time with my other boys. We didn’t talk much ISDE, but it was a great workout for Josh, lugging a 40-50 pound pack around in the wilderness for four days.

Immediately after we got back last weekend, we were in for a marathon of final bike prep. Our deadline for getting the bike shipped and in a crate to Ohio to the AMA was last Friday.

We spent many late nights in the garage doing final prep. It looked like a hurricane had hit our garage.

But when it was all said and done, it was a huge relief.

Josh with the final product before cramming it in the crate.

Many wonderful sponsors have helped us. Local Hero MX printed all of our T-shirts, designed custom graphics, and has been a huge support. ADS Motorsports has bent over backwards to help us with parts, the fundraiser, and setting up Josh’s bike. ENVE Composites (makers of carbon fiber bike wheels and bike components, and also Josh’s employer) has been a huge help as well. There are many other sponsors and supporters and I apologize that I can’t list them all here, but any of them reading this know who they are. Thank you.

The next step was to meet up with our good friend Derek Nelson. Derek is a custom wood worker and also owner of CCS Racing and specializes in setup and distribution of COBRA mini motorcycles. We’ve been friends for many years, and he was a huge help in building a very nice crate for us. It was definitely nicer than anything I would have been able to build.

We did a dry run in his shop, and concluded the bike would fit and it would all work out for us.

We then brought it home and spent the entire evening last Thursday packing it for the big ride. It first goes to the AMA in Ohio, where they then put it in the U.S. Container with all of the riders bikes/crates and then on to Germany.

I told you that this entire experience has been a family affair. Here, Mom and little sister get it on the action by painting Josh’s name on the crate.

All this and more has to fit in the crate.

It all fit.

Josh commented at this moment that it was very surreal that we were actually doing this. It seemed like a dream.

Last Friday, Josh took the crate to work at Enve Composites ready for it to be picked up and on its way for good.

And away she goes…..

This was a huge relief and milestone. Josh is now focused solely on training, remaining safe, and doing all he can to prepare for his first ISDE. Thank you to everyone who has shown such great support thus far through this experience.