Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #811
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,223
Thats Max on the 450, great kid and a pleasure to bring along anytime. He'll be 18 in a couple weeks, the bike I am riding is 23 years old.... kinda puts it all in prospective.
I rode that bike a couple weeks ago and it's a rocketship, I couldn't ride it at all because I'm used to a 125 2 stroke and although they both have 2 wheels it pretty much ends there. The best I can explain it is you are riding a small block Chevy, so much fun to drag race it but then you have to stop it and the extra 40 lbs adds up exponentially.
When I came back to the sport it was on a KTM 520 and I progressively reduced the displacement eventually landing on a 125, I couldn't be happier with the outcome....
2 strokes rule!!!!
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #812
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Winchester Speed Park (http://www.winchesterspeedpark.com/)in NH has a Vet Championship on Sunday the day after the Southwick National which is a great track! +50 and a vintage 80's class, weather looks perfect so I think I'm in!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #813
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
Winchester Speed Park (http://www.winchesterspeedpark.com/)in NH has a Vet Championship on Sunday the day after the Southwick National which is a great track! +50 and a vintage 80's class, weather looks perfect so I think I'm in!
we hope to be at Southwick. they are raffling a special Southwick 40th Anniversary KXF off, I'd kind of like to go home with that and put it under one of the local experts that just flies like the wind on 2nd rate equipment. Remember a year ago the day after Southwick was the day after Hurricane Irene. I liked watching your video of your son on the 450. of course you always caught him but it was neat when you were close in a corner watching just how quick those 450's cover ground pulling away at fairly low RPM's, and then multiply that times 50 in the hands of the pro's. Keep an eye at Southwick for Aaron Lampi #813 on 250's. He JUST got his pro license. He'll be on a Suzuki. He's from Fishkill and looks to have the whole package. His buddy Matt Hammer might also make his pro debut.
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #814
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,923
Undailla 9/15-9/16 GNCC race
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:22 AM   #815
Tbone
off-ramp slayer

Oddometer: 4,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Do it man !! Did my first GNCC last year and it was a blast.
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:46 AM   #816
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
I will be in West Virginia racing at Tomahawk that weekend but would love to try a GNCC race!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:50 AM   #817
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
we hope to be at Southwick. they are raffling a special Southwick 40th Anniversary KXF off, I'd kind of like to go home with that and put it under one of the local experts that just flies like the wind on 2nd rate equipment. Remember a year ago the day after Southwick was the day after Hurricane Irene. I liked watching your video of your son on the 450. of course you always caught him but it was neat when you were close in a corner watching just how quick those 450's cover ground pulling away at fairly low RPM's, and then multiply that times 50 in the hands of the pro's. Keep an eye at Southwick for Aaron Lampi #813 on 250's. He JUST got his pro license. He'll be on a Suzuki. He's from Fishkill and looks to have the whole package. His buddy Matt Hammer might also make his pro debut.
Max is one of my sons friends and yes it is amazing how fast these 450's are!
Aaron and Matt are both members at Milford so I get to see them ride all the time and aside from being great riders they are both good kids and wish them luck in there pursuit of becoming pro!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #818
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Winchester is cancelled, I was looking forward to it ......
It says there was a family emergency so I hope there ok!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #819
nachtflug
infidel

Quote:
Max is one of my sons friends and yes it is amazing how fast these 450's are!
Aaron and Matt are both members at Milford so I get to see them ride all the time and aside from being great riders they are both good kids and wish them luck in there pursuit of becoming pro!
watching the video's you keep waiting for a big rush of throttle/exhaust sound but it never really happens but you can definitely tell by how fast they are moving when they're on the gas. I still marvel at the starts. when we used to race the starts were organized madness with everyone wildly revving on/off/on/off waiting for the gate (or rubberband) to drop/snap.

now they all just sit there and hold it wide open.

keep up the good work with the video's they may never win an academy award but I get a kick out of them. where is that practice track you're on?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #820
pvangel OP
Team AARP

After spending the day at Southwick watching the pro's I have to ride tomorrow, country club it is!
Kind of like when you saw "Smokey and the Bandit" in a movie theater in the 70's, everyone was doing burnouts in the parking lot afterwards, that's me tomorrow(in slomo)
Old 08-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #821
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Quote:
After spending the day at Southwick watching the pro's I have to ride tomorrow, country club it is!
oh you're coming to hell in the hills?
Old 08-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #822
pvangel OP
Team AARP

So...I rode at the country club today and wanted to concentrate on corner speed, elbows up, look ahead, weight the outside peg and grip with your knees and for gods sake get up the gonads to do the big uphill double that they put in a month ago and I have pussied out on everyday since...

I started slow and tried to get in a rhythm and did not jump the uphill double for awhile but it haunted me every lap until I checked my vagina in the sweeper before the double and gassed it hard trying to clear it....which did not happen, cased it big time in the soft stuff before the landing and almost went over the bars...faaaaaak. I made every excuse I could think of, I'm old, It's a 125 how could I make it? I'm to fat for that poor little 2 stroke.

Well next lap around I came into the corner just like they say in Dirt Bike magazine and weighted the outside peg, looked ahead and gassed it, this was it! Go big or go home( in a meat wagon) welllll I friggen made it! Once I did it I did it 20-30 times, If I wasn't 100% on than I cased it and it was ugly but when I hit it right it was pure magic.

I left the track totally content, and consider today a personal triumph.
Not that I ever consider a day at the track bad but today was great.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #823
nachtflug
infidel

you the man!

what are we calling the country club?
Old 08-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #824
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,073
Thats cool!
Old 08-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #825
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

I had a similar experience last night over some whoops. Man and machine connected i am suprised my helmet could contain my smile. I was so happy and confident i tried to climb a large rock... and fell...twice...back to reality