Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #91
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 401
Guys you have it all worked out. A fantastic preparation, great decisions along the way. Putting as much in your favour as possible. You make it all look so easy! Lovely set of photos.

Josh enjoy the remainder of your preparations. Stay fit, lots of hours on a bike...any bike. Years ago I was told that the Czech Trophy Team on their Jawas were Postmen! Spent all day and every day riding through the woods delivering letters! I wonder if it was true?

Looking at your videos you have a good eye for the nice lines. Picking the smooth bits and let the others wear themselves out.
ICERIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #92
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,100
Josh.. Learn ALL you can from Jeff Fredette.. pace yourself and make the finish! The final tests will be awesome being at such a legendary location.. take lots of pictures and ,,,

GOOD LUCK !
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #93
dmaxmike
former quadtard.

Oddometer: 701
I still can't get over how awesome this is! so if i send 20-30 bucks to the PayPal in your sig-line will i still get a t-shirt?
dmaxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #94
Bicycle Phil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 664
In with a Tugger strap!

GO JOSH

Thank you: MX1West, Renazco Racing, KTM Twins, Rally Management Services
Bicycle Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #95
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
Josh.. Learn ALL you can from Jeff Fredette.. pace yourself and make the finish! The final tests will be awesome being at such a legendary location.. take lots of pictures and ,,,
GOOD LUCK !
Wiser words were never spoken. Josh and I met Jeff Fredette for the first time at the Mexico ISDE when he was after his 30th. Out of ALL the riders there, I was the most impressed with him. He was always calm, cool, and collected. There is a method to his madness and a reason he has finished 31 ISDE's. At the end of the week, when packing up the U.S. container, he was the first one there to do a lot of the "heavy lifting". Amazing example of a person and a rider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICERIDER View Post
Guys you have it all worked out. A fantastic preparation, great decisions along the way. Putting as much in your favour as possible. You make it all look so easy! Lovely set of photos.

Josh enjoy the remainder of your preparations. Stay fit, lots of hours on a bike...any bike. Years ago I was told that the Czech Trophy Team on their Jawas were Postmen! Spent all day and every day riding through the woods delivering letters! I wonder if it was true?
Thank you. Today is Josh's 17th birthday. He loaded up the dirt bike and the trials bike and is headed for the hills for several hours of riding. I'll be sure he sees everyone's encouragement and advice (he has enjoyed the support so far).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxmike View Post
I still can't get over how awesome this is! so if i send 20-30 bucks to the PayPal in your sig-line will i still get a t-shirt?
Absolutely!! Just be sure to provide me with your mailing address info so we can get you a shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Phil View Post
In with a Tugger strap!

GO JOSH
Thanks Phil. Buying a Tugger strap is a total win/win.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #96
dmaxmike
former quadtard.

Oddometer: 701
Money sent if you got shirts left great if not that’s cool too just happy to help! BTW did you know you have the same name as a famous 1980's TV hero?
dmaxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #97
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxmike View Post
Money sent if you got shirts left great if not that’s cool too just happy to help! BTW did you know you have the same name as a famous 1980's TV hero?
Received (thank you).....and yes I've been reminded of the Knight Rider connection a time or two

Just received e-mail confirmation that the bike made it to Ohio :)
Old 08-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #98
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

OK, I finally got around to posting all the KTM RFS stuff I have for sale. Rather than clutter up this thread, I've created a thread in the Vendors forum that has pictures and prices of all the stuff. I would encourage you to take a look at it to see if there is something of interest.

The majority is the big 450/525's, but there are some more general plastic and parts for other KTM's 2008 and newer and also a handful of stuff for KX450's and other general parts such as handguard mounts and bars that will fit all bikes.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...7#post19346667
Old 08-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #99
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,738
Got my sweet Josh to Germany shirt. :

frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #100
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I've mentioned it before, but one of the unique things that has been brought to light through this entire ISDE prep and experience thus far, has been the "Pay it Forward" concept. People that I would never have expected, have been very generous in either their time, support, well-wishes, or financial support. So many are people who are just interested in Josh's story, or love the idea of participating vicariously in some small way in the ISDE. To all of you, thank you. Josh has been overwhelmed at times seeing what people have done and how supportive they are.

Today we received a package in the mail, completely unsolicited. It was from the Larry Hamilton family in Montana. They had awarded Josh the "Gerrit Hamilton ISDE Memorial Award" in addition to a gift to help him in his journey to Germany.

Talk about making an impression on a kid that just turned 17 last week.

The Hamilton's host the Ought Six Enduro in Montana every April. They do this to support the sport, and raise funds and awareness for their support fund for aspiring young ISDE racers. Their son Gerrit was an aspiring ISDE racer who had his dreams cut short back in 2000 from a tragic auto/bicycle accident. Their other son William Hamilton has participated several times and they are truly an "ISDE family".

http://teammontanaisde.com/

After several friends kept telling us how awesome this event was, we made the drive this past April to Cascade Montana where Josh competed.

I also had the chance to ride with my youngest son Benji.

Josh in the Endurocross section at the Ought Six Enduro in April 2012.

On the start line with friend Greg Gillian, and Reid Brown (Greg is a mutli-time ISDE medalist, and Reid made the team this year as well qualifying out of Idaho City).

It was truly one of those absolutely awesome and memorable road-trip race weekends that are difficult to put a price tag on. We met the Hamiltons there, as well as in Idaho City. Incredible people who love their family, love the sport, and truly "Pay it Forward". Thank you!!!

mknight screwed with this post 08-22-2012 at 09:09 AM
mknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #101
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,670

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #102
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

10 Days and counting before departure. It feels like yesterday we were driving home from Idaho City as a family on a natural high in anticipation of the possibility of heading to Germany.

With so much of the logistical preparations behind us now, the focus has been on providing Josh an opportunity to train, but most importantly remain healthy. He’s been doing a combination of running, weight lifting, mountain biking, trials riding, trail riding, desert, and moto. We had one little scare after a low-speed over the bars experience on a trail ride where we thought he had broken his thumb, but it proved to just be sprained and he’s been fine since then.

The nice part about this has been that it’s not hard to justify a reason to take the boys riding.

Here we are a few weeks ago on some great singletrack near Heber Utah (youngest son Benji in front of me).

Josh doing some trials bike/endurocross cross training.

And moto for corner speed and sprints.

Weekend before last, we spent the Saturday in Wendover Nevada at one of our local desert series races. Josh held off on racing though….too sketchy, high-speed, and risk of injury, but he did ride the whole course later in the day. He also took some video and did some editing. Here’s the product.

This past Labor Day weekend, we headed to southeastern Idaho for some of our favorite trail riding with friends.

After the ride, Josh practiced countless tire changes. We were finally able to get a good replica built of the Finnish style tire changer that was loaned to us and shipped with his bike for use in Germany. According to Josh, this changer works “like a boss” (teenager speak). It truly is a great tire changer, and huge thanks to Ryan Allred at S&S Manufacturing in Layton Utah and Derek Nelson from CCS Racing. It is so great to be able to practice on essentially the same changer he’ll be using in Germany.

We also received a few pictures of the AMA container being packed a few weeks ago before heading for Germany. This thing is truly packed to the ceiling.

Go Team USA!!!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #103
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,100
now to keep him calmed down rested and fed well.. till race day

Go Josh!
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #104
Nitro
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Hi will see you there.

Im riding on the club team for South Africa number 637

Do you have any idea how the number work for the start, i heard it gets pretty chewed up and rough quite quickly
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:03 AM   #105
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Hi will see you there.

Im riding on the club team for South Africa number 637

Do you have any idea how the number work for the start, i heard it gets pretty chewed up and rough quite quickly
Good luck. We're excited to meet other racers. I'm not sure on the start....other than I know the trophy teams goes first. A complete rider list by country with numbers is here (if you've not already seen it):

http://www.offroadchampions.com/2012...te-laender.pdf