Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
chrome bandit OP
Wide footed adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Cool2 Hells Canyon Weekender

The plan was simple: zip over the mountains and through farmland to the lower right corner fo the state, drop down to Hells Canyon, exit out to Baker City, then roam back via the Umatilla National Forest up to the Columbia River, up to Yakmia, and back to the comfort of our driveways. Full route details are here via Bing (http://binged.it/N6PAWO), and an embedded view via Spotwalla:

Green dots are the signal all is well, yellow dots means you can get an outstanding photo.

On the road in central Washington

I hate riding in the heat. If I do anymore of this I should get an evaporation vest. Daytime highs were in the upper 90s, night time in the 50s.

Night 1 spent at Field Springs State Park, a nice little gem of a campground in the lower right hand corner of the state that few people go to. It's known for x-country skiing in the winter.

Scenic view in Field Springs State Park

Another scenic from Field Springs...I think this is a view of two states (WA up front, ID in the background)

Southbound on Route 129...WA in the foreground, OR in the background...wish I say this was a top 10 candidate for motorcycle roads, but the WA side was covered in fresh chip seal, gravel everywhere. We crawled through the turns.
chrome bandit is offline   Reply With Quote