Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
Desert Dave OP
Enjoying the moment

Oddometer: 2,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
Awesome, Lassen Park is on my bucket list. I just picked up some old 1960's info on the park from my mother. A little outdated but thinking about a trip soon. Burney Falls, Special place for sure. My wife's last camping trip before she passed away 3 weeks later. I may never go back.
Yeah, I know how places can have a sentimental value attached to them. The question is would going back be a wonderful time of remembrance, or take you to place you don't want to go. You'll make the right choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post
Been thinking of exploring the Lassen area...this may push me over the edge

It looks like most of what you rode was paved--any idea what are the opportunities in the area for dirt riding? Since it's a NP, it would be like Death Valley where the constraints for off-pavement riding is licensed vehicle on roads only...
This was a road trip for certain , even though I did do a few miles of dirt in the area to find a nice place for an afternoon nap Until I get a better skidplate sorted out I'm definitely not seeking anything tougher than a dirt road.

I really don't know what the OHV opportunities are in that area. I do know I saw tons of dirt roads on the map I'd like to explore, which is what I really bought my Tenere for, a comfortable sport tourer that's surprising at home on unpaved surfaces. Probably hit up the regional section and you could get the low down on the best spots. I always see a ton of dualsports up that way, but they have plates.

Desert Dave is offline   Reply With Quote