Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2012, 06:10 AM   #9
Noone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
Having worked in dealerships, I'll give you an analogy: Suppose you walked into a diner with all of the fixin's for breakfast in a sack and asked them to cook your breakfast for you using them. Would you feel put out if they refused?

Like it or not, the shop usually covers the cost of opening the doors each day. It's up to sales to make a profit, and you bought over the internet instead of the dealer.

Now, there are independent places who will mount your tires for a fee. I have one nearby that charges 30 bucks if you bring the wheel to them, and it's cheaper if you buy the tire there.
How about this analogy: I bought my bike elsewhere so you must not want the service business.

Smart business people take every opportunity to gain new customers and to provide a good service. Foolish business people take every opportunity to lose potential customers. Over $5 per tire installation cost ($5 extra if I bring the tire) the local independent lost my business. I used to take the used tires home and he has to pay $2 per tire disposal. So, for $3 per tire (4 tires per year on average) he lost $140 in business. He must have been in congress.
Noone is offline   Reply With Quote