Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #16
Ride-a-lot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo1167 View Post
headlight bulbs.

They are an H4. available at most any autoparts store in the civilized world. About $10, ymmv.

Change out needs no tools.

Ya might get your hand dirty if there is other dirt on the vehicle.

Get a new mc, if there is an unacceptable amount of dirt, obviously the oem didn't allow for dirt.

ride more, bitch less. bobo
If your sticking H-4 bulbs in a F800 then I imagine you would be replacing them often. Give a H-7 bulb a try, they might last longer since that is the correct bulb.
Ride-a-lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #17
DrRock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Just yours?

I am 12,000 km into an NWT - Yukon trip. I fueled my near- stock f800 with all kinds of gas, from pumps to drums w ith no issues. I've slammed it up the Canol Road and down Caribou trails and no cracked tank.

I think you just have an early lemon. My 2010 is solid.
DrRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #18
SugarDust
Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by larlec View Post
Actually the dealer, BMW of Northern Colorado has been pretty good so far. I guess my overall amazement is how many issues of this type people are having with this fuel system and how a company with such a long history in the motorcycle business mess up this badly. It has to be costing BMW a ton to do all this warranty work - they compensate the dealers for doing the work, all the diagnostic time, a team of service reps to approve all the work. My Subaru sits for months at a time when I work out of the country and I come back, hit the key and she runs perfectly well, no problem. I just think the engineering team on the fuel system missed the mark, at least on the early models. Hopefully the replacement parts and newer models take this into account. Rant over, I'll let you know how the story turns out after a few more tanks of gas. I really do love the bike and the way it handles when running well. And, yes, I do think it can be sorted out, if not, it's headed for Craig's list.
I know its all under warranty at Northern Colorado Euro (I bought my 658 from them too) but have you talked to the folks at Beemers and More Motorcyle Works up in Fort Collins? They are very good and may be able to help as well....

2103 KTM 250 XCW
2103 Honda CRF250L
2011 BMW F650GS

SugarDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #19
PhillyTransplant
Indiana Jones

Oddometer: 129
FYI: Lemon Laws don't cover motorcycles or scooters.
I tried when my brand new Vespa GT200 blew out it's entire electrical system and EFI on day 2/ 32 miles.
I will take a tear of humility from a bike rider examining his life on the side of a road over science any day of the week.
PhillyTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #20
larlec OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDust View Post
I know its all under warranty at Northern Colorado Euro (I bought my 658 from them too) but have you talked to the folks at Beemers and More Motorcyle Works up in Fort Collins? They are very good and may be able to help as well....
I know Steve and the crew at Beemers and More and use them whenever possible but they can't do warranty work. They are a great shop and store and I highly recommend them.

As an update, the bike is running slightly better, so far only 2 stalls when downshifting on this tank. However it's still a bit freaky when it happens.