Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
BearII OP
No, it's not complicated

Oddometer: 224
ESA Question

Well, the time has come, I'm seriously thinking of replacing my '07 GSA with a new GSA. She has been an amazing, wonderful steed and we have traveled many glorious miles together all over North America. But the next phase of my RTW is starting soon by heading south through Mexico, Central and South America. I'm thinking it is time for a new baby for that 2-3 yr portion of the journey.

I have Ohlins on the current GSA and love the system. I'm debating having the ESA option put on the new bike. In talking with a BMW service manager he said there were many problems with the initial ESAs. My questions for you crazy inmates:
  • I get the flexibility advantage of the on the fly adjustments of the ESA but really, how many of you actually use that feature or does it tend to be a set it and leave it reality?
  • How does ESA compare with Ohlins in terms of ride quality?
  • Are any of you experiencing reliability issues with the current ESA?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share. And hey, feel free to chime in with any thoughts you may have on must have options that I should consider. My current GSA is set up perfectly and I plan to transfer most add-ons over to the new one but I am always open to new ideas.

'13 BMW R1200GS ADV (triple black) - it doesn't get any better... just had to get another one!, '07 BMW R1200GS ADV - sold after 73,000 wonderful miles together
'13 Ford Raptor SVT - wow, what a truck!
BearII is offline   Reply With Quote