User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
halo15 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
F650GS pricing

Was about to pull the trigger on a 2012 yellow/black F650GS and we had pricing agreed upon when dealer tells me that the manager has a $300 increase from BMW because the color scheme is a cost increase from the manufacturer. Any truth to this or am I being BS.

What's a good price for a F650GS with ABS, tire pressure monitor, computer, heated grips, center stand, high windshield?

Thanks!!!!
halo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
docsherlock
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 458
Being fed bullshit.

You agreed the price already - he is trying to screw your for an extra $300.

Walk away (like you have done).

Personally, I'd go back and offer the dealer $500 less than you had originally agreed; just to make a point, like.
docsherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
GH41
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo15 View Post
Was about to pull the trigger on a 2012 yellow/black F650GS and we had pricing agreed upon when dealer tells me that the manager has a $300 increase from BMW because the color scheme is a cost increase from the manufacturer. Any truth to this or am I being BS.

What's a good price for a F650GS with ABS, tire pressure monitor, computer, heated grips, center stand, high windshield?

Thanks!!!!
The yellow and black bike is a special edition and priced $300 more than the solid color bikes. The package includes the 800 windshield white signal lenses, grey frame and wheels in adition to the paint scheme. If you priced a solid color bike and decided on a yellow/black one you will pay +300 bucks. My bike is the special edition model with tpm, center stand, computer and heated grips. Abs is standard. I paid about $400 less than msrp but keep in mind that I ordered the bike last September before the 2012s where in stock. GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,090
Huh?

Got mine first of July for 12.5 otd, same as yours, n/c for color w/ lower suspension & low seat.

I know there's one more here in AZ, could be had for around same price

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
mustardfj40
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
According to BMW F650GS brochure, Sun Yellow is a Special Edition, This SE has: the black beak, bigger windscreen, black/yellow paint scheme which I really like, the cost for this option was $300 which reflected in the sticker price. I still have the sticker at home. These are the last of the F650GS.

mustardfj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
mustardfj40
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Here it is:

mustardfj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,090
Well Then

What ever!! Screwed or not I'm a happy camper Love it and will keep it for awhile, Just needs Jesse bags real bad

Oh!!! and K60 hedies and Birtiana screen and........ Well you get the idea

Arizona OHV Ambassador

BELSTAFF screwed with this post 08-07-2012 at 10:09 PM
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,199
In terms of pricing what I think I'm hearing that getting a few hundred off sticker price is typical?
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
brianhinfl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
That was my experience when I bought mine a few months ago. Was told 2-3% discount on 650 or 800, much more on 1200gs. I guess dealers don't have much margin on the F650GS to play with.
brianhinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #10
Sapper33
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
We got the same dealer BS when we bought the girlfriends F800ST, we were told the OTD price, but then when the bill came out it was more because the quoted price didn't include the blue tri-colour paint scheme. Supposed to be a $500 extra, I spoke firmly enough with the sale manager (with my wallet) that he "gave" us the paint for $250.

That special paint scheme is also the reason we've been told we have yet to receive the replacement for the crate damaged fairing... I really really dislike Blackfoot. Massive selection, good prices...terrible sales staff.
Sapper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
lunaticTR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
The yellow and black bike is a special edition and priced $300 more than the solid color bikes. The package includes the 800 windshield white signal lenses, grey frame and wheels in adition to the paint scheme. If you priced a solid color bike and decided on a yellow/black one you will pay +300 bucks. My bike is the special edition model with tpm, center stand, computer and heated grips. Abs is standard. I paid about $400 less than msrp but keep in mind that I ordered the bike last September before the 2012s where in stock. GH
Considering the exchange rate of EUR to USD, 1.40s in sept and 1,20s now, it should be 15% cheaper now. Unless they price it in USD when USD is stronger and in EUR when EUR is stronger. Win-Lose situation that is. Loser is the consumer as always.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #12
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 5,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaticTR View Post
Considering the exchange rate of EUR to USD, 1.40s in sept and 1,20s now, it should be 15% cheaper now. Unless they price it in USD when USD is stronger and in EUR when EUR is stronger. Win-Lose situation that is. Loser is the consumer as always.
Yep. Never hear about lower prices when the dollar is stronger
only about higher prices when the dollar is weaker. Crooks.

It is just a bunch of inner tubes Roy . . . - Cannonshot
Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional. - Haroon
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #13
Reaver
Outta Here

Oddometer: 2,743
Dealer Pricing

Having worked for a BMW Dealer in CANADA for a few years, I can say that there is little markup on the "small" bikes like ours. I've seen the Dealer cost vs the MSRP. So much came out of that little markup as well. Considering that the Dealer pays interest on the bike till it's sold doesn't help either. Then you get an inexperienced (low paid) sales person that "forgets" things like an extra charge for a certain colour. Not trying to defend the Dealers or start a discussion, I'm just offerring a different viewpoint. I was able to get my GF's bike at cost + shipping provided I did the PDI and handling on my own time. Didn't save much, few hundred. Dealer made a profit on the farkles tho. Now there's the markup...

Leaving it all behind 2014

Reaver is offline   Reply With Quote