Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #271
DiabloADV
Semi-Occasional

Oddometer: 2,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtnadvil View Post
I am hoping someone has a part I need. I am looking for the bell housing on a Bosch r75 starter motor. It is the part that houses the starter gear and mounts up to the engine compartment. I am not sure of the name of the part.. Mine is broken to pieces.........
I have a /5 starter -- the whole starter. Off a good-starting motor. $75 incl. shipping, if you can't find just the housing...
'91 Bill Holland Steel w/Dura Ace

'01 Z3 3.0 Coupe. The Clownshoe.
DiabloADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #272
Cordless
Two Wheel Addict

Oddometer: 2,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tete View Post
looking for R90/7 seat.

Thanks
There was such a thing as a R90/7?

Do you mean R90/6? That is a different seat altogether.

What kind of seat do you want? Custom? Stock?
Cordless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #273
brocktoon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfx View Post
Considering putting my in-great-shape Krauser bags and the matching rack up for sale from my 77 R100/7. If there is any interest, PM me and I'll post pics.
I'd be interested if you included prices.

Or do I have to PM you to let you know that you should email me if you're maybe interested in sometime selling them (if there's enough interest)?
brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #274
Dirtnadvil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloADV View Post
I have a /5 starter -- the whole starter. Off a good-starting motor. $75 incl. shipping, if you can't find just the housing...
I'll give it another week or so and I will pm you. I bought a rebuild kit a while back and I wanted to rebuild the original, but 75 bones for a working starter might work out. How much to ship to so cal?
Dirtnadvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #275
gfx
gfx

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocktoon View Post
I'd be interested if you included prices.

Or do I have to PM you to let you know that you should email me if you're maybe interested in sometime selling them (if there's enough interest)?
Nicely worded.

Pics since there seems to might be partial interest... perhaps...

Warning, they are a little dusty on the back from being in the garage, but in very good cosmetic shape. Comes with all mounting hardware if desired (washers,bolts). Brand new badges on these.

The only caveat is that I can't always get the right-side bag to lock on the top; I have, however, packed it to the brim (practically bulging) without locking it and I ride pretty hazardous urban streets. Both mounting locks and the left-side bag on the top works fine. Forgot to take pics of the insides, but they are in good condition with no holes/excessive wear.

PM me with offers. Would consider some kind of trade + cash for solo/duo cowl-only or cowl/seat combo for LWB airheads.

R.I.P - 1988 BMW K75S "Red Rocket"

gfx screwed with this post 08-30-2012 at 07:26 PM
gfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #276
ontic

Oddometer: 1,039
Quote:
PM me with offers. Would consider some kind of trade + cash for solo/duo cowl-only or cowl/seat combo for LWB airheads.
Someone has to say it, not kosher man. This is not an auction site. If it is for sale, give a price, if you want to trade, list what you want to trade it for, or both. You can't just openly fish for the highest offer.
ontic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #277
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer: 7,992
+1

It's in the rules. Sorry. Too bad. I think there are a # of inmates looking for bags almost all the time. But like he says not an auction site. Put a price on it.

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
disston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:53 AM   #278
Oz Nutter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,093
WTB or source 800 R series Barrels/Pistons......

G'day,
need to find replacement barrels/pistons for my 1983 R80gs.
One of mine is shagged.
Consider what you have, dont try and sellme any shit though, i'll be onto you........
Oz Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:07 AM   #279
woodly1069
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,615
WTB: for my new to me baby: 1973 R75/5 LWB

I am currently looking for a few items for this bike. First is the original steel seat pan as mine is rusting away and second is the factory under seat tool tray. Any insight as to where I may find such items would be greatly appreciated!
woodly1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:18 AM   #280
crazydrummerdude
Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer: 7,478
Quote:
The only caveat is that I can't always get the right-side bag to lock on the top;
Mine is the same way. If you grab the bag like you're going to teach it a lesson () and use the meat of your hands to push the lid around, you can use one hand to hold it in place and the other to slide the rim of the body of the bag into the lid and it'll snap closed. After a time or two, you'll get this down to an extra second of load-and-go time.

I'd love that one-piece rack, but I'll let you keep it as a package deal for whomever's interested.

crazydrummerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #281
ontic

Oddometer: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
Mine is the same way.
Me too. I've got quite a violent system to get the last latch on one of mine to shut and lock. It involves smashing the palms of my hands together on the bag like I'm smashing cymbals together. Mine are also cracked and repaired with ABS glue, a couple of times, and most recently glued again and reinforced with riveted aluminium. I love those panniers. They pack a good amount and fit in really close to the bike.
ontic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #282
naginalf
Handy Schtroumpf

Oddometer: 250
New suspension fundraiser, vsn2.0

Considering the above replies (even tho they weren't directed at me), I'd just like to say that my post selling my touratech zega bags was not meant to be fishing for the highest bidder, I have always and will always consider sales on a forum on a first come first serve basis. I contact interested parties as soon as possible with a final yes or no answer in the order they are recieved. Please accept my apologies for not having read the flea market rules . Although they are posted in a forum that I hadn't seen yet, I've been mostly on this one since I started not too long ago, and this forum has no rules past the site rules.

So, since all ads must have location (my location is under my tag <--) and price, I'll post these for $950 with the racks (less if you have stock racks to trade, we'll work something equitable out).

Edit: I was previously misinformed about the racks, they must go with the bags . And I was also wrong about the original price and what it includes, it's $1140 new with the racks. Save $200 with these in great condition and all the extra goodies.

These come with lid straps, internal bags, and lid locks. One lock on one bag (2 per bag) seems to be missing, and is the only blemish.

More and bigger pics can be had on my tumblr page.

Oh, and I almost forgot, since this sale is funding my new front suspension upgrade, I will be needing to sell my touratech progressive fork springs. Probably won't be doing that until this winter, but if you're expecting to want these as an upgrade to your own bike, these don't seem to have many miles on them (PO said it was done recently and they work great), and I'll sell them for $100. They simply aren't strong enough for me and I'd like to have some more modern forks (I'm keeping the stock tubes however).

naginalf screwed with this post 08-31-2012 at 02:24 PM Reason: Correcting misinformation
naginalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #283
R-dubb
Dubbious Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,764
Wanted: Engine breather hoses

Anyone have an extra breather hose assembly like the one pictured below? Basically, I need items 14-20.
$25 + shipping sound about right?

R-dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #284
gfx
gfx

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontic View Post
Someone has to say it, not kosher man. This is not an auction site. If it is for sale, give a price, if you want to trade, list what you want to trade it for, or both. You can't just openly fish for the highest offer.
Apologies for seemingly running an auction on the item. I wasn't so much trying to fish as I was just a little unsure on the regular price of something like this, as they don't pop up on ebay/craigslist too often.

I'd be willing to sell it off locally (NorCal) for pickup for $400 even. Since it's all so big and needs to be shipped separately, $475 (will include delivery confirmation/insurance) shipped in the USA via USPS.

PM me if you want more pics. Luggage is in just great condition.

R.I.P - 1988 BMW K75S "Red Rocket"
gfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #285
Johnny Locks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
WTB: Two Up (stock?) Seat For '92 R100GS

I am looking for a two up seat for a '92 R100GS in decent condition. I have the solo seat and rack config, which I want to keep, but I don't normally need that much rack space, and the ability to carry passengers might improve my single lifestyle. Anyone want to help a brother out?
Johnny Locks is offline   Reply With Quote