Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
ktmklx OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 671
Lil Tour of Colorado

The time has come to do the RR for our annual "out west" ride. I say annual because the last 2 years it has happened and we caught ourselves saying "next year were going do this" quite a few times. So, it's an annual event. First year it was a solo ride, the next year by brother, Mike, joined me and this year my son joined in the fun.

It was great to have my son Alex along this year. Alex and I have gone on a camping bike trip every year since he was 12, except for last year. He was tied up with summer jobs after his first year of college and didn't have time for a ride with the old man. This year he planned ahead and got a week off for the ride. This was the first time he rode in the mountains, I think he liked it!

Every good Colorado ride starts in Wyoming, right? Ours did anyway. We trailered the bikes from western WI to Laramie Wyoming, about 14 hours of windshield time. We choose Laramie because it was on the interstate and looked like it would not take long to get the bikes on some nice roads (Medicine Bow NF). Minimize truck time, maximize bike time! We would hook up with the Colorado section of the CDR on the first day of riding.

We pulled into the Laramie Americas Best Value Inn on the west side of town about 11:00 pm Saturday night. I had made
arrangements with Charlie, who manages the place, to leave our truck and trailer there for the week. Thanks Charlie!

Sunday Morning packing the bikes and getting ready for a week of Colorado back country!

First days route.

ktmklx screwed with this post 09-01-2012 at 09:15 PM Reason: added map
ktmklx is offline   Reply With Quote