User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
hscrugby OP
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,097
What to do in and around Bangalore?

Anyone here got any stuff to do there? I'm headed there for work, and have two weekends free while I'm there. So any recommendations would be appreciated. A coworker has his little brother's bike that I can borrow so a fat guy on a 250 or his 500cc will be involved in this trip. (I'm taking my own gear. I'm paranoid and I've seen pictures. I don't think they are ATGATT. )

We're staying at the Leelaa Palace. But will also have drivers etc to go exploring, if I get too scared on the bike. (Or is there anywhere to rent a bigger bike than a 250? decent priced?)
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
uxc
adventure nerd

Oddometer: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
Anyone here got any stuff to do there? I'm headed there for work, and have two weekends free while I'm there. So any recommendations would be appreciated. A coworker has his little brother's bike that I can borrow so a fat guy on a 250 or his 500cc will be involved in this trip. (I'm taking my own gear. I'm paranoid and I've seen pictures. I don't think they are ATGATT. )

We're staying at the Leelaa Palace. But will also have drivers etc to go exploring, if I get too scared on the bike. (Or is there anywhere to rent a bigger bike than a 250? decent priced?)

If you have time, go to Kerla. The lesser roads up in the hills are fun and it's a lot cooler:

Just watch out for the buses.
uxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
hscrugby OP
"That guy"

I'm back in the USA now. But am planning to head back around march April for longer this time. I will keep that in mind. Ended up on a little duke that was awesome and on a 110cc Honda that did not like my fat ass riding it.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
uxc
adventure nerd

Oddometer: 1,340
Oops. I should have checked the date. Do you have any photos?
uxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Max_hammer
n00b

Oddometer: 3
On a weekend trip You can go to Coorg/otty from Banglore. Both these places are 1 day ride...
Max_hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
hscrugby OP
"That guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxc View Post
Oops. I should have checked the date. Do you have any photos?
Missed your reply, I ended up not being able to extend the trip past the work portion like I wanted, so only motored around in town some.

The main thing I will suggest to anyone going over there, take any and all gear you want to wear.
It seemed even helmets were abnormal, even though I think they are "required" now.
about half the people seemed to have the helmet on the bike, not their head.

I ended up inter office mailing several pairs of cheaper riding gloves over there for my coworkers to use.

I am going to head back around the same time frame this coming year, and I'm planning on staying on my own dime for an extra 2 weeks, and going to try and ride up to see the Taj Mahal. That should let me see lots of the country side and ride. (But I will be taking my full gear with me)