FYI, here are the bits I used to make the GS wheel fit the KTM forks with HPM/R-dubb clamps.
From left to right:
- Monolever road bike axle. 30mm, 25mm (mine was from an ’85 R80)
- standard axle spacer. 11mm
- standard axle spacer, machined down to approx 17mm (spacers and axle came from the same road Mono bike)
- steel sleeve, 0.5mm thick to bring the BMW axle up to the KTM’s 26mm. Split to allow tightening. Approx 58mm in length, with about a 4mm “hat” to keep it located. This is against the inside of the axle clamp and acts as an additional spacer.
- steel shim. This is what the hat part of the sleeve tightens against when the axle is pulled into position by the end bolt.
Not pictured: Axle end shim and bolt. These are standard items from the above Monolever bike.