Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #61
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
and the Gym ???
2 days a week for now. Three once I get work straightened out.

frog screwed with this post 09-12-2012 at 07:40 PM
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #62
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Entry is going out tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #63
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,246
spy shot

maybe I will pit for you this time! I may be working a pit
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #64
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

maybe I will pit for you this time! I may be working a pit
Are you working for Baja pits or?? Looks like mag 7 is $200 less then Baja pits. I've always had good luck with Carlos but $200 difference...that's a set of tires.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #65
mknight
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Matt.....I don't if I've been living under a rock or something, but I just stumbled on this. I did not realize you were doing Baja again.

I'm super excited for you! I had a chance to do it as a team member in 2007 and got cold feet, and now I regret it.

Totally looking forward to watching your progress and results. I loved your racing stories on your 950E.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #66
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknight View Post
Matt.....I don't if I've been living under a rock or something, but I just stumbled on this. I did not realize you were doing Baja again.

I'm super excited for you! I had a chance to do it as a team member in 2007 and got cold feet, and now I regret it.

Totally looking forward to watching your progress and results. I loved your racing stories on your 950E.
You've been helping your son with his isde dream. that takes up a little time. Lol

You'll get another chance for Baja. Maybe you and Josh will end up teaming it. ;) At the rate he is going he will end up doing all the big races.

If in ever team it again I'll see if you want to race with me.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #67
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Kinda had an oshit moment last night. Was driving and going through the list of stuff I have to get done. Then realized how many days I have left. :what:

So I decided to take today off and told my staff not to bother me.

No kids and no work... time to get some shit done.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #68
Goofy Footer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
and the Gym ???
Frog whatcha doing for workouts? I'm subscribed, hungry for updates and ready to learn
Goofy Footer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #69
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Since sept 1 I've been at crossfit two days, on the moto 1 day and 1 day in my basement on a eliptical/push ups/sit ups a week. This week I started three days at crossfit and will continue till nov. Then I'll back off.

My riding days have differed hugely. I had a bunch of mountain single track days of 90ish miles but now that it's cooled down I've headed to the desert. Last weekend I did about 90 miles of Jericho's hardest trails (where they hold the NHHA here in utah) and the weekend before 230 miles in the same area. This fri night I'm headed to back at 3am to practice at night and have a few people coming to meet me in the morning. My plan is to get 12 hrs of seat time.

The really big news is Pilo offered to build my bike and Lindsey Machine will be building my engine. It was a huge relief to have that off my plate. This decision was really hard since I've always built my own engine and bike but with limited time it's just not possible. To have such great guy/mechanics build it means I can focus on getting myself ready.

frog screwed with this post 09-26-2012 at 06:28 PM
Old 09-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #70
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,539
Thats a good idea going out early and getting in some night riding. I have been struggling staying up late enough to get any practice done.

What lights are you practicing with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Since sept 1 I've been at crossfit two days, on the moto 1 day and 1 day in my basement on a eliptical/push ups/sit ups a week. This week I started three days at crossfit and will continue till nov. Then I'll back off.

My riding days have differed hugely. I had a bunch of mountain single track days of 90ish miles but now that it's cooled down I've headed to the desert. Last weekend I did about 90 miles of Jericho's hardest trails (where they hold the NHHA here in utah) and the weekend before 230 miles in the same area. This fri night I'm headed to back at 3am to practice at night and have a few people coming to meet me in the morning. My plan is to get 12 hrs of seat time.

The really big news is Pilo offered to build my bike and Lindsey Machine will be building my engine. It was a huge relief to have that off my plate. This decision was really hard since I've always built my own engine and bike but with limited time it's just not possible. To have such great guy/mechanics build it means I can focus on getting myself ready.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #71
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
Thats a good idea going out early and getting in some night riding. I have been struggling staying up late enough to get any practice done.

What lights are you practicing with?
I was planning on running dual 8's but I need to convert them to hid and my stuff hasn't shown up yet.

frog screwed with this post 09-28-2012 at 09:28 PM
Old 09-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #72
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

I had a great training ride last night and today at Jericho. Not as much night riding as I wanted due to my stator acting up but a new one is ordered. Ended up sleeping 45 min this morning while waiting for my riding buddy, since yesterday at 6 am.

I wanted to see how my mind and body would work when I've been up for 30+ hrs. The time in the gym has done wonders. At around 28hrs awake and a lot of miles we did a sand loop run with tons of whoops that usually works me. I was able to focus and ride it like I it was my first loop of the day.

Since I now know what it's like to ride when in zombie mode this was my last big ride till the race. From now till then I'll ride my trials bike, mtn bike, and a few little rides.

Time for bed.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #73
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Start order is up. I'll be starting 7th in my class, 257x.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #74
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,450
How many are iron-man'n it ? seven.

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #75
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer