ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #46
Salsa
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Kalifornia, Alaska, Arizona
Oddometer: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
i wanna be riding LAB2V when i'm this dudes age

I talked to Ed Crowell yesterday. He will be there on his antique twin and will be about 83 years young !!!!!!

Don
Salsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #47
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,463
Glad to see this thread up RAZR .. this is for sure the greatest 2 day ride ever. I grew up with this race in the 70's and rode the dual sport version last year on my GSA, some hard ways some easy ways, but went all the way. Rode to Palmdale the morning of start and rode home from Vegas after.

The best roll chart tip I got was to cut each days roll at the lunch stop (or in half). This makes it much easier to use as it doesn't bunch up or bind at beginning or end. Last year's GPS tracks were dead on though!

Can't wait to go again this year
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #48
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Glad to see this thread up RAZR .. this is for sure the greatest 2 day ride ever. I grew up with this race in the 70's and rode the dual sport version last year on my GSA, some hard ways some easy ways, but went all the way. Rode to Palmdale the morning of start and rode home from Vegas after.

The best roll chart tip I got was to cut each days roll at the lunch stop (or in half). This makes it much easier to use as it doesn't bunch up or bind at beginning or end. Last year's GPS tracks were dead on though!

Can't wait to go again this year
Razrs on vacation .... Leave a message after the tone, beep
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #49
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
Razrs on vacation .... Leave a message after the tone, beep

Fiji AGAIN?

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #50
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,463
Yo Shawn, you would love this ride, it's not half as chaotic as you might think. Just 2 days of constant riding that can be as challenging as you want to make it.
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #51
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,312
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Yo Shawn, you would love this ride, it's not half as chaotic as you might think. Just 2 days of constant riding that can be as challenging as you want to make it.
+1 ... Only crowd I saw was at the starts in my rear view before she got folded up
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #52
Excndez
Girly Adventurer
 
Excndez's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
+1 ... Only crowd I saw was at the starts in my rear view before she got folded up
You're such a BADASS!
__________________
Ben
2010 Ural Gear Up
2007 KTM adv
1970 CT70hko x 6
Excndez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #53
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excndez View Post
You're such a BADASS!
That me... One fatass
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #54
AJxr
#395
 
AJxr's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Clinton Corners, NY
Oddometer: 930
looking to buy a gps specially for this trip. i am looking at the garmin 76cx. anybody running that unit? have any tips on what type of maps to buy with it? i am a total gps newb but i think it would be helpful while wandering around the desert. i know it isnt neccesary for this ride but i will be riding before and after and dont want to wind up as vulture food.
__________________
12 CRF250X - 01 CR250R

What would Magoo do?
AJxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #55
catalina38
Contrarian
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Stingray bay CA.
Oddometer: 1,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJxr View Post
looking to buy a gps specially for this trip. i am looking at the garmin 76cx. anybody running that unit? have any tips on what type of maps to buy with it? i am a total gps newb but i think it would be helpful while wandering around the desert. i know it isnt neccesary for this ride but i will be riding before and after and dont want to wind up as vulture food.
Check this out.
http://dualsportwest.com/Gps/GpsOverview
__________________
A mangy man chasing a cautionary tale
Lurking more and posting less

KTM 990R 500EXC
catalina38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #56
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,726
Know doubt i would LOVE it, early start & pretty much NO stoping for me, im not a picture taker. BIGGEST issue, how the hell do you guys get away for this on THANKSGIVING weekend? Im guessing disfucntional familys what a minute, im from one of those as well

RIDE ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Yo Shawn, you would love this ride, it's not half as chaotic as you might think. Just 2 days of constant riding that can be as challenging as you want to make it.
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #57
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Know doubt i would LOVE it, early start & pretty much NO stoping for me, im not a picture taker. BIGGEST issue, how the hell do you guys get away for this on THANKSGIVING weekend? Im guessing disfucntional familys what a minute, im from one of those as well

RIDE ON!
The point I was trying to make before I was called a fatass was.... Leave early , good pace no crowds .... Dilly dally and ... Well.... Crowds
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #58
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
The point I was trying to make before I was called a fatass was.... Leave early , good pace no crowds .... Dilly dally and ... Well.... Crowds
WE should be done by noon then
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:08 AM   #59
adayinthedirt
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: So. Calif
Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BOY View Post
So technically the guy who did the rear ending is at fault. How does this play out legally? It wasn't a blind corner?
You're worried about legality of who's at fault? You have my vote to stay home!
Razr, since you're so good at pull up old pics from the ride... Got a pick of the beaver spoted on the trail last year?
adayinthedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #60
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,726
[QUOTE
Razr, since you're so good at pull up old pics from the ride... Got a pick of the beaver spoted on the trail last year? [/QUOTE]

He's in Fiji for the month

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014