Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #331
Spinalcracker
former redriderofma

Oddometer: 1,082
Is it a filter or a purifier that comes with the bladder?
Vermont Covered Bridges
Spinalcracker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:17 AM   #332
jbmac
Mitten Man

Oddometer: 127
Thumb 1600 Rig

Love my 1600 so far. Everything was as good as everyone said. I have gotten a lot of comments on the spraying, and haven't had any problems.

Great product from a great company. The pack doesn't feel too big at all while riding the vstrom.

Mid-Michigan Tag-o-rama
jbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #333
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628 View Post
Just wanted to say I ordered mine this week and had it delivered in 3 days. Awesome pricing from the Australian importer means we dont need to buy OS. Pricing is almost dollar for dollar same.

I bought the Grig 1600, filter and insulator. $150 for a 3 liter "pump action" hydration pack is excellent. Camelback by comparison are a rip off.

I genuinely feel that the G-Rigs are going to take over from camelbacks. Once people realise the ease with which they work and the pricing is the same as camelback then it will be a no brainer.

On function alone camelbacks should be half the price because they have half the features of the g-rigs. Add in the "smart"design of the g-rigs and they are superior in all ways.

Keiran at Zen Imports was awesome to deal with and has the same passion for the g-rigs as we have for our bikes.

Excellent product that not only meets expectations but exceeds them.

Photos to come
My statement from a few months ago still stands.

The g-rig is nothing short of awesome - CAMELBACK IS SO 2011!!!!!! They are gone!!!
rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #334
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayron View Post
Anyone know if the 2L engine will work with an Ortlieb COR 13?
I'll answer my own question in case anyone out there is considering this combo... umm, barely. As in, not so well. If I knew in advance, I probably wouldn't have bought it, because of the fit.
BUT, it is a great concept/product (assuming I can get this leak problem fixed- I've sent a couple emails about it). I think mine is leaking at the coupler which attaches the bag to the drink tube. Hopefully, a new piece will fix it.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #335
Sir Dave
Big Dave

Oddometer: 67
Great Product

My great friend and long time riding bud Lary B. just finished second overall at the recent GS Giant. One of the new pieces of gear he took along on the ride was the Geigerrig RIG 500 (R500). Long story short the R500 from day one of Lary's ride, became as important as any other piece of gear. It was a hot 9 day ride, and he used it every day, all day.
After listening to Lary I bought one for myself.
I live in Texas, this past Tuesday I rode out to see Lary. First time out for my RIG 500. The temp when I started was 95 and 102 within 2 hrs of riding. The pressurized system made a HUGE difference. The biggest benefit for me was being able to spray water on my shirt as I rode affording me an ideal way to cool off rapidly. Also it became apparent how nice it is not having to suck as I bit down on the valve.....wow. Made all the difference in the world. The bag kept the water cold for the entire ride (I just added cold water to bag before taking off....no ice was added to bag).
Geigerrig makes a great product and their customer service is what you want...quick, courteous, and they take care of you.
I highly recommend this bag to those looking for a good dependable system that will last.
Ride Safe (and hydrated!)
dave
Old 08-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #336
naotweed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
So Happy

Fantastic product with even better customer service. I am really happy with my Rig500 (complete with filter and hydration engine).
Just took this bag on an 8 day trip and it was so nice being able to fill up using rivers along the way. Really happy with the product, I just wish I could have bought it sooner.

Thanks for the support and service.
naotweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #337
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
GEIGERRIG Update FROM BOB GEIGER

Inmates....

Hey there... Again, thanks for the kind words of support for our company. We continue to enjoy communicating with you guys by phone and e-mail on a daily basis.

I feel as though the crew here at ADV Rider is a real part of the GEIGERRIG family here and the success that we are blessed with. We're loyal!

So... Just in case any of you are wondering, and I've recieved a few questions in the past days.... the GRFILTER offer is still alive and well.

1) Enter your order at the GEIGERRIG website.
2) No need to enter an order for a filter.
3) At the end of Check-Out....use the code "GRFILTER", and our team here will send you a filter by mail.
4) NOTE: The pack or other items will arrive via a GEIGERRIG retailer. However, the free filter will arrive via GEIGERRIG. All orders taken at our site are fulfilled by GEIGERRIG retailers who we support as best we possibly can... All hail small business in America!

Finally... If you ever have a leak....JUST visit the GEIGERRIG site, click on the Warranty page, and fill out the form. We take care of you. We won't leave you hanging.

Ultimately.... Call this office at 801-823-3336 and or e-mail bob@hubcityoutdoor.com (be sure to cc: matt@hubcityoutdoor and Curt@hubcityoutdoor) too busy for one guy these days. We'll get your taken care of.

Best Regards To You All!!!! I'll keep visiting here as we have in the past.

Bob Geiger
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #338
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEIGERRIG View Post
Inmates....

Hey there... Again, thanks for the kind words of support for our company. We continue to enjoy communicating with you guys by phone and e-mail on a daily basis.

I feel as though the crew here at ADV Rider is a real part of the GEIGERRIG family here and the success that we are blessed with. We're loyal!

So... Just in case any of you are wondering, and I've recieved a few questions in the past days.... the GRFILTER offer is still alive and well.

1) Enter your order at the GEIGERRIG website.
2) No need to enter an order for a filter.
3) At the end of Check-Out....use the code "GRFILTER", and our team here will send you a filter by mail.
4) NOTE: The pack or other items will arrive via a GEIGERRIG retailer. However, the free filter will arrive via GEIGERRIG. All orders taken at our site are fulfilled by GEIGERRIG retailers who we support as best we possibly can... All hail small business in America!

Finally... If you ever have a leak....JUST visit the GEIGERRIG site, click on the Warranty page, and fill out the form. We take care of you. We won't leave you hanging.

Ultimately.... Call this office at 801-823-3336 and or e-mail bob@hubcityoutdoor.com (be sure to cc: matt@hubcityoutdoor and Curt@hubcityoutdoor) too busy for one guy these days. We'll get your taken care of.

Best Regards To You All!!!! I'll keep visiting here as we have in the past.

Bob Geiger
Great stuff Bob. Any idea when the tactical merchandise will be available? Will it be available to the general public?
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #339
GEIGERRIG OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Tactical packs

TACTICAL.....

We are targeting to introduce some tactical packs at the Winter Outdoor Retailer show. The product would likely arrive for retail next summer or fall.

I'm personally looking forward to this product too. My kind of gear.
GEIGERRIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #340
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 990
I should mention that I got a replacement set under warranty, and used it last wknd, leak-free.
Great product!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #341
WTF Over
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Geigerrig Online - Use At Own Risk

Not sure if Geigerrig getting ready to go belly up or not but their online fulfillment is in a world of hurt right now.
Order at your own risk - Order via online store at Geigerrig.com who will reroute your order to www.shopatron.com
First they provided a USPS tracking number that showed Electronic Shipping Info Received for a week but never any actual shipping info.
When I called to complain they said they would re-ship after a few days of "research"... but no tracking number provided.
Still nothing so I called again on the order and I was told they are not sure what the status of my order is... They "Think" that they are out of stock on 3-liter engines and passed the order back to
Geigerrig to fulfill but nobody seems to be sure.

I've heard good things about the actual product but would have to give very low ranking for customer service.
Going to have the order cancelled and just keep on keeping on with my CamelBak. It appears it will take a bit of work to get my money back so I'll just turn it over to my Credit Card company to work it out.
WTF Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #342
WTF Over
Adventurer

Resolution FAILED

Got email from both Curt and Bob Geiger at Geigerrig.
Looks like it was my bad luck to get caught in a "hole" while they upgraded their Inventory Control/Shipping software.
Bob also called and explained the issue and ensured they would make it right.
Looks like their problem is exactly the opposite... They are growing so fast they are having a hard time keeping up.
Stuff happens and I look forward to trying out the new gear when it arrives.

This might not change my mind about the customer service provided by "goforitsports" and "shopatron"... it has changed my mind about the customer service at Geigerrig.

See POST 347 Page 24 - Geigerrig has not be able to resolve.

WTF Over screwed with this post 09-14-2012 at 04:32 PM Reason: Failed to resolve
Old 09-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #343
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,488
You have an Email for them? My 3L bag blew up on day 2 of my 13 day trip.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #344
WTF Over
Adventurer

Try http://www.geigerrig.com/contact.html They have a Warranty Contact Form and some contact emails listed.
From the Warranty Contact Form:
Submit This Form For Warranty Consideration - SUBMIT ONLY IF YOUR HYDRATION SYSTEM HAS A PROBLEM OF SOME KIND. You will receive an e-mail response from GEIGERRIG customer service. If you are concerned that your warranty did not get submitted, please feel free to call: 1-801-823-3336.

Form and info as to finding the "batch code" you will need is also available at http://www.geigerrig.com/warranty.html
Old 09-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #345
WTF Over
Adventurer

Swing and a miss. I have no idea where they might have shipped the product... just that it was not to me.
No response to request for tracking info and no response to request to cancel order and refund the purchase price.