User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
dieselcruiserhead OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,233
RR: redacted nipples (800 Miles Thru Utah's the San Rafael Swell & Back)

gisKEV couldn't have introduced our little trip report when he said it better over in our little Utard thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gisKEV
We killed 800 miles starting Friday early evening returning this afternoon. Pics to come.

2 KTM's didn't make it to the starting line, 2 more didn't finish, but 2 did. All of the Honda's finished just fine. Thrills spills and a bit of road rash, and I must say that we've hammered out a new adventure route that was mostly new to me.
Andre[me] can post the pic of the RR title.
So here it goes:

About a month ago a last minute trip started coming together, mostly due to some planning around an inmate, HickOnACrick [Travis, a former Utard who was coming up from Texas] with his new 500 EXC, and a bunch of days off. He was going to come up, go riding with Ryman [who lives up in Vernal and rides a 690e], go mountain biking with gisKEV [Kevin, who rides a super dialed '02 Honda XR650R], and then do this big 4 day trip with all of us.. Except this happened to Hick on the MTB a couple days before the trip. Word on the street is this is 'just Hick's luck.." (He hit a cow on his motorcycle once).

With his broken collar bone, there went 1 of the KTMs that wasn't going to make it to the starting line...

This left just gisKEV, Ryman, and me [on my old '02 KTM 520 EXC). Also in the fold behind the scenes was 2WheelLust [Jeremy, up here in Park City on his '06 525 EXC] who no one really actually met other than me ( "I swear he exists" ) who was going to come on the trip but was fighting clutch issues to the last minute and couldn't get it resolved. Down went KTM #2 before the trip even began.

Within days, at a level of ruthlessness typically unseen, we were quickly looking for a replacements for these downed soldiers because we really don't give a **** about them. Naturally we reached out to the poorest choices, The Walrus (Ken on his 690e with a fairing), and Harcus (Jimwho builds the www.globetrottin.net racks, on his newish EFI KTM 500 EXC). Did I mention that we like the orange cool aid? Jim and Ken waffled a little bit but we heard within about a day or two before they left that they were in, Ken for 1 day, and Jim for the whole trip. In typical Utarded fashion, this is a bunch of folks ranging from early to mid thirties all the way to Jim at 66... Everyone always told me that Jim was a ripper though even at 66, which was completely true, and even for 4 days of epic ball busting riding... I could not be more in awe of Jim's spirits, durability, and riding ability...

So what ensued for meetup and how the trip came together looked something along the lines of this: (lots of worthless dilly dallying at gas stations):

dieselcruiserhead screwed with this post 09-19-2012 at 11:52 AM
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote