ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #16
MotoMike
Washed Up Desert Racer
 
MotoMike's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: The Black Palm Springs
Oddometer: 4,954
I am riding that section, Bay of LA to San Ignacio.
__________________
Lost Coyotes MC
MotoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #17
Strong Bad
n00balicious
 
Strong Bad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Oddometer: 3,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
I am riding that section, Bay of LA to San Ignacio.
Mike, that new section beyond Viscanio was described as: "Flat and Stupid Fast". If that is your section, you will be riding the transition between day and night, (prolly around Viscanio) at least there is nothing technical in those poor light conditions.
__________________
"I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it."
Strong Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #18
Baja Dad OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
Mike, that new section beyond Viscanio was described as: "Flat and Stupid Fast". If that is your section, you will be riding the transition between day and night, (prolly around Viscanio) at least there is nothing technical in those poor light conditions.

San Ignacio (611 miles) Before DARK !!!! Easy!!!

I am also riding from Coco's to San Iganico!!
__________________
2014 support: GPR,IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2,100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Rally Raid Products UK,Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #19
cross-country
.
 
cross-country's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Oddometer: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
San Ignacio (611 miles) Before DARK !!!! Easy!!!

I am also riding from Coco's to San Iganico!!

You will be the fastest guy on the course then because that would be a ~60mph average.

cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #20
Baja Dad OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
You will be the fastest guy on the course then because that would be a ~60mph average.

I have Done it in the Past!! a few times!! I guess we will have to wait and

It all depends when You Start 6:00am ish and then when it gets Dark! 6:00pm ish
The Appoximate Mileage that is out is JUST THAT!! APPOXIMATE!! I think it will shrink a bit

So you ride on the Hwy in to San Ignacio as it get Dark

12 Hours to San Ignacio Can be done.

From what I know of the route it will be FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lots of time can be made up after San Matis to San Fleipe
Then from Puertecitos to the LA Bay Road .
The LA Bay loop is FAST !!!!
__________________
2014 support: GPR,IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2,100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Rally Raid Products UK,Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #21
rburkat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rburkat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Oddometer: 261
Oh goody 1117 Miles. I was going to look for a partner if it was over 1200 so I'm still a go solo.

Do you ride the new pavement from Puertecitos almost to Gonzaga or do they have a dirt route for that section?
rburkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #22
Strong Bad
n00balicious
 
Strong Bad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Oddometer: 3,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
San Ignacio (611 miles) Before DARK !!!! Easy!!!

I am also riding from Coco's to San Iganico!!
Perhaps. Not going over the summit, will drop onto the highway before the Goat Trail. Long assed highway section now between Puertecitos and Gonzaga. Remember that the highways all have speed limits now, ain't WFO like before, so the highway can actually hurt your average speed.
__________________
"I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it."
Strong Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #23
cross-country
.
 
cross-country's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Oddometer: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
From what I know of the route it will be FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lots of time can be made up after San Matis to San Fleipe
Then from Puertecitos to the LA Bay Road .
The LA Bay loop is FAST !!!!
You had an official finishing average of 60mph?

It's a P-run, they are always fast, but Sundown is at 4:45.

I'll be thrilled if I can avg. 40 mph over the 1100 miles on my poor little 350. I doubt I'll be speaking english at the finish line.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #24
rburkat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rburkat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Oddometer: 261
The 2010 Prun looks similar and here are the 2010 full results for all bikes/trucks.

Looks like Kendall team did 54.9 MPH with the next closest , Franco, with 47. 1MPH


Can someone explain to me how the time penalty works?
rburkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #25
Baja Dad OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
Perhaps. Not going over the summit, will drop onto the highway before the Goat Trail. Long assed highway section now between Puertecitos and Gonzaga. Remember that the highways all have speed limits now, ain't WFO like before, so the highway can actually hurt your average speed.
No summit!!
No you do not ride the pavement by Puertocito's in the whoops
The dirt road at Gonzaga to Cocos is WFO
Sunset and darker two different things
__________________
2014 support: GPR,IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2,100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Rally Raid Products UK,Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #26
biggles0449
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: West Africa / UK
Oddometer: 177
Hi guys, Ive been looking around online, but cant find any entry regs/prices.. any of you able to tell me the cost of entering ironman? Do we have to pay for support teams to enter?

A buddy and I were just chatting about entering as an ironman pair next year..

Cheers!
__________________
'10 KTM 450 Meca Rally,'09 KTM 250 EXC, '98 CCM R30M Supermoto prototype
biggles0449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #27
rburkat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rburkat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Oddometer: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles0449 View Post
Hi guys, Ive been looking around online, but cant find any entry regs/prices.. any of you able to tell me the cost of entering ironman? Do we have to pay for support teams to enter?

A buddy and I were just chatting about entering as an ironman pair next year..

Cheers!
Entry Fees : http://www.score-international.com/w...try%20Fees.pdf

MOTO Pro $3200
or
MOTO Sportsman $1900

Plus Pits.... ( includes fuel in Full service )

The Early-Bird special is back! Sign on BEFORE 1 Oct. and save 50 bucks!
Costs for MAG-7 Pit service's are:
Full-service All classes: $850.00
Emergency-only, All classes: $400.00

Plus the e-tracker rental....do we have to rent that still? I can't find the pricing for that... anyone?
rburkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #28
Baja Dad OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 1,828
Look on the score website
I do not believe there is any discount for Ironman
You need to write ProClass and ride solo
Or right sportsmen and right so
__________________
2014 support: GPR,IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2,100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Rally Raid Products UK,Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #29
cross-country
.
 
cross-country's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Oddometer: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburkat View Post
The 2010 Prun looks similar and here are the 2010 full results for all bikes/trucks.

Looks like Kendall team did 54.9 MPH with the next closest , Franco, with 47. 1MPH


Can someone explain to me how the time penalty works?
For every (1) MPH over the limit, the penatly will be 30 seconds.

So if you are going 70mph in a 60mph you will get a 5 min penalty every time the IRC hits, somewhere around 10 times per mile traveled.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #30
cross-country
.
 
cross-country's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Oddometer: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburkat View Post
Entry Fees : http://www.score-international.com/w...try%20Fees.pdf

MOTO Pro $3200
or
MOTO Sportsman $1900

Plus Pits.... ( includes fuel in Full service )

The Early-Bird special is back! Sign on BEFORE 1 Oct. and save 50 bucks!
Costs for MAG-7 Pit service's are:
Full-service All classes: $850.00
Emergency-only, All classes: $400.00

Plus the e-tracker rental....do we have to rent that still? I can't find the pricing for that... anyone?
In June it was $150-ish. Plus you have to buy a $10 otterbox. That is the minimum, you could add a redundant and/or live tracking.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014