Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #61
_CJ
Retrogrouch

Oddometer: 1,375
Nice report! After seeing your pictures, I'll steer clear of Pearl Pass.

MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #62
Trialsbikeadam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
My neighbors for the evening were from the Memphis area and riding the TAT. In the picture left to right, Adam (on the TAT until he runs out of money), Justin(on the TAT to Oregon no matter what), Me (blah), and Brian(who was planning on heading back to Newkirk, OK as he was out of time)

So we concluded the day by trading stories over beer, dinner, beer, and Vodka. Good Times.[/COLOR]

.[/QUOTE]

What a great write up Newner!!! Other than posting the pic of some seriously ugly dudes above maybe just maybe this will give the kick in the a** to do my own ride report!

Had a great time chatting and drinking that night, i'm glad we ran out of beer and vodka or the next day coulda been a lot worse

I loved the Newner Loop, and i'm pretty sure you couldn't tell it apart from the real deal lol.

I hadn't heard about the footpeg mishap! that stinks! I assume you got er' put back on and went on down the trail
Trialsbikeadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #63
Mini Trail
nb

Oddometer: 2,158
You left out the best part, the 12 hour 600 mile ride in El Rojo, Newner's barrio -themed '95 Ford F-150.

It has side pipes, 8 ball door locks a 6" Sunpro Tach with a shift light and 10,000 RPM capacity screwed into the dash (as if it is possible to overrev the 4.9l inline 6) and a rockin' system. What it didn't have was air conditioning or a fuel injection system calibrated for 10,000 feet.

We drove from 4pm to 4am through the smelliest parts of Kansas otherwise known as Kansas. It was hot and loud with the windows down and we got early warning of every stock yard or hog processor. Inexplicably we had an awesome cell signal in the middle of nowhere and were able to stream Waylon Jennings and Pink Floyd via Pandora for nearly the whole trip.

I keep meeting the coolest people because of this web site, always willing to help out when I need it most. The 12 hours in El Rojo saved me two solid days of riding the Yamaha 225 and bought me almost a whole day with my family before I had to go back to work Tuesday. Thanks again Brian.

Mini Trail screwed with this post 09-20-2012 at 08:08 PM
Mini Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #64
Mini Trail
nb

Oddometer: 2,158
Some pictures from our ride together.

Newner tries out a lightweight coffin.

I think we were actually off the trail here but still it was tough.

Newner ruining it for everyone by riding in the streams.

I think we are waiting on the horses.

We saw a big-ass bear in a pasture right by the highway. By the time we could slow down and I could turn on my camera it made it to the left of the pole.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:26 AM   #65
Newner OP
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Trail View Post
You left out the best part, the 12 hour 600 mile ride in El Rojo, Newner's barrio -themed '95 Ford F-150. .
El Rojo......... come on now, everyone needs a craigslist beater to shuttle to and from adventure.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #66
oldtrucks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newner View Post

Before I noticed the yellow jerseys I was amazed by the size and shine on those boulders out in that meadow behind your KLR
oldtrucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #67
dickosaurus
Seasoned Noob

Oddometer: 662
Really enjoyed this, Newner. Well done.